MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    I just don't understand how you can not like Victorino. He's just a hard-nosed player who grinds AB's and plays hard. Werth is probably a douche off the field, but I don't really consider him not likable.
    He's a douche. I agree and have no dog in the fight. He's the self made police of how far celebration can go on the field and in the dugout. And then he's a huge hypocrite about it. He just looks douchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      I guess that's where we differ. I'd rather be perennial losers (kind of getting close to that with the Mets) and like all the players as people. Granted, we can never really "know" them, but it's pretty easy to get a feel for a person based on how they act during interviews, sound bytes, and even on the field.

I mean, there will always morons on sports teams, but it won't prevent me from rooting for the team (not the individual).
      This was the magical perfect storm of the 2004 Red Sox. I've never enjoyed rooting for a team more than that squad. Some of them became slightly douchey after the fact...especially that figging bastard, ball-pocketer, Doug Mientkiewicz...but it was an amazing year.

Red Sox take the cake with Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/etc.
      Papelbon's a bit of a Rodney Harrison arch-type. If he's on your team, you love him. If he's not, you hate him. Beckett's injured too often to be douchey (quit being a blistered *****, and pickle your hand!)... How is Youk a douche?

Comment

• Yeah that's the other problem why I hate Rollins and Victorino. They make all these comments about Reyes celebrating and so forth and they go do it and it's even worse.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• In the end, if the Phillies weren't winning divisions and playoff series, you wouldn't care. I'm sure there's tons of douches on the Royals, but no one cares bc they don't win. In the end, it's a matter of fan jealousy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

In the end, if the Phillies weren't winning divisions and playoff series, you wouldn't care. I'm sure there's tons of douches on the Royals, but no one cares bc they don't win. In the end, it's a matter of fan jealousy.
            I'm not jealous at all and I still think Victorino is a douche. He's about the only one. Rollins just isn't very good and Hamels isn't a douche. He's just kind of flaky.

Comment

In the end, if the Phillies weren't winning divisions and playoff series, you wouldn't care. I'm sure there's tons of douches on the Royals, but no one cares bc they don't win. In the end, it's a matter of fan jealousy.

It's not jealousy, it's the fact that they are hypocritical **** mongers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                This was the magical perfect storm of the 2004 Red Sox. I've never enjoyed rooting for a team more than that squad. Some of them became slightly douchey after the fact...especially that figging bastard, ball-pocketer, Doug Mientkiewicz...but it was an amazing year.

Papelbon's a bit of a Rodney Harrison arch-type. If he's on your team, you love him. If he's not, you hate him. Beckett's injured too often to be douchey (quit being a blistered *****, and pickle your hand!)... How is Youk a douche?
                Meh, I would hate Papelbon even if he was on the Mets. I guess Youk isn't a "douche" per se, but I get that vibe from him. Maybe it's the cue ball and goatee.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

If a player is going to crowd the plate, the pitcher has every right to throw inside. If it hits you, there is a retaliation. It's not only Joba who has had issues with Youklis. The guy is a great hitter, but if you stand that close, you will get hit. Utley gets hit all the time. Does he scream and yell and curse? No. He goes to first base.
                  Im playing baseball collegiately right now, and we are told to put one under the guys chin if he gets to close to the plate. And then we just continue to pound it in until he backs up....its the pitchers plate, not the hitters.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Words cannot describe how sexy this is.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Words cannot describe how sexy this is.

Buy one for yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                        Im playing baseball collegiately right now, and we are told to put one under the guys chin if he gets to close to the plate. And then we just continue to pound it in until he backs up....its the pitchers plate, not the hitters.
                        I'm alllllll for it. Don't like it? Don't crowd.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          Buy one for yourself?
                          Bought one for your mom.

Comment

• The Mets GM search is down to 2. Sandy Alderson and Josh Byrnes.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If Alderson doesn't get the job I will cry. He is so perfect for the Mets.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                The Mets GM search is down to 2. Sandy Alderson and Josh Byrnes.
                                Who are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information