MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
    A clusterfuck that will only have to score 2-3 runs to win a game....
    It's hard to win consistently over 162 games scoring 2-3 times a game. The Giants are built for 5 and 7 games series. But they'll still find it a battle to get into the playoffs every year.

Comment

• Sign Dunn. Trade Sanchez for another bat. Have Linceum/Cain/MadBum as your top 3 and you'd be set up real nice.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think their best bet would be to trade Sanchez in a deal for Prince Fielder, move Brandon Belt to left field and try him there, and then hope to hell that Kung Fu Panda's year this year isn't going to continue. Proposed team...

C: Posey
        1B: Fielder
        2B: Freddy Sanchez
        SS: uhh.......
        3B: Sandoval
        LF: Brandon Belt
        CF: Andres Torres
        RF: Cody Ross

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Or they can stop ruining prospects by moving them to the bullpen.
          They don't always do that. The only person I can remember them doing that with is Feliz. They brought up Holland straight to the rotation. Same with Volquez, McCarthy, Hunter, Harrison...

Besides, how exactly does it ruin the player?

I think it's a good way to get them adjusted to major league pitching at a slow controlled conservative approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            They don't always do that. The only person I can remember them doing that with is Feliz. They brought up Holland straight to the rotation. Same with Volquez, McCarthy, Hunter, Harrison...

Besides, how exactly does it ruin the player?

I think it's a good way to get them adjusted to major league pitching at a slow controlled conservative approach.
            I just don't like the full season in bullpen approach. I'm fine with the way the Rays handled Price or the Yanks handled Joba when they first came up, but full bullpen seasons with no minor league rotation time is not cool. I also hate that Scheppers has become a full time reliever.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I just don't like the full season in bullpen approach. I'm fine with the way the Rays handled Price or the Yanks handled Joba when they first came up, but full bullpen seasons with no minor league rotation time is not cool. I also hate that Scheppers has become a full time reliever.
              Scheppers' innings have to be controlled. He's got a history chalk full on injury. If he was an innings machine, then I don't think the team would've done that, but I think they are doing the right thing in his situation. He was having up and down success in the minors as a starter. He's still a good prospect, but truthfully, the team got worried when he started to get lit up towards the end of the season. If not for that rough patch, I believe he would've been on the post season roster.

Comment

• Even if you think pitchers are relievers long term you're better off keeping them as starters so they can work on their craft. He could have still started in the minors but have an innings limit.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Scheppers' innings have to be controlled. He's got a history chalk full on injury. If he was an innings machine, then I don't think the team would've done that, but I think they are doing the right thing in his situation. He was having up and down success in the minors as a starter. He's still a good prospect, but truthfully, the team got worried when he started to get lit up towards the end of the season. If not for that rough patch, I believe he would've been on the post season roster.
                  He was getting absurdly unlucky at the end of the year. I just don't like the idea of moving Scheppers to the bullpen part time, moving Perez to the bullpen at all or keeping Feliz in the bullpen. They have the money in free agency to go after a guy like Rafael Soriano if they don't want to make Ogando the closer.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I think their are a lot of good middle relief pitchers on the FA market this year. Sign one of them and make them the closer.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He was getting absurdly unlucky at the end of the year. I just don't like the idea of moving Scheppers to the bullpen part time, moving Perez to the bullpen at all or keeping Feliz in the bullpen. They have the money in free agency to go after a guy like Rafael Soriano if they don't want to make Ogando the closer.
                      Oh yeah? I didn't realize it was bad luck that was the reason for his numbers.

As for officially... there has been no word about moving Perez to the bullpen. That was just me talking. The kid is still just 19. I suspect he'll be in the minors all next season too, with maybe a Sept call up.

If I put money on it, I'd say Feliz is in the rotation next season from Opening Day.

I want nothing to do with Rafael Soriano. He's a walking cast. Rangers should bring back Frank Francisco. We're really missing him these days. Ogando might get a shot. So might Warner Madrigal. Rangers have A LOT of pitching prospects that could contribute next season.

Comment

• The sheer number of RP's on the market this offseason gives me hope about the Phillies constructing a cost effective and efficient bullpen to support Madson and Lidge. They need more production out of the entire crew.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Even if you think pitchers are relievers long term you're better off keeping them as starters so they can work on their craft. He could have still started in the minors but have an innings limit.
                          There's some who might think differently. There is no 1 answer that is best for every pitcher.

Comment

• Anyone know a good site for MLB prospect rankings? Or does anyone have a BA account and willing to share info?

Comment

• http://www.minorleagueball.com/

John Sickels does a good job of writing up prospects, and the commentators are all pretty knowledgeable. Also, NIP sometimes comments.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Texas has a good chance to win today. Any time Cliff Lee takes the mound that is true, regardless what happened 4 games ago or who he is facing. But can they go through Cain and Bumgardner without Lee? Little to no chance. I'm not sure what the Giants are going to do with their rotation after today but I'm 100% sure that the 2 guys who combined for 15.2 IP, 7 hits and 0 runs just days earlier against the same team are going to be involved in game 6 and 7 of the World Series if necessary.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information