No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His bat can already play in the majors that's for sure. It would be a mistake to get rid of him when Jorge's career is winding down though. I'm not convinced Romine can hit yet even with all the glowing scouting reports on him.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      His bat can already play in the majors that's for sure. It would be a mistake to get rid of him when Jorge's career is winding down though. I'm not convinced Romine can hit yet even with all the glowing scouting reports on him.
      Well BA has soured on him too. He fell to 6th on the Yankees list. I'm not sure he'll ever hit for decent power, but I expect to hit for better average than he did this year. Here's their list

1. Jesus Montero
      2. Gary Sanchez
      3. Dellin Betances
      4. Manny Banuelos
      5. Andrew Brackman
      6. Austin Romine
      7. Hector Noesi
      8. Eduardo Nunez
      9. Slade Heathcott
      10. Brandon Laird

Comment

• I thought that was coming out on the 10th.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I thought that was coming out on the 10th.
          Apparently it was supposed to be today and then pushed back to the 10th. But it somehow got out in print editions? I'm not sure.

Comment

• Do you like that list? I'm sitting on the fence about your top 10.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Mets and Hisanoria Takahashi split ways. He was looking for 3 years $15 million for some reason. He's actually a pretty good 4th or 5th starter or a nice bullpen piece on a winning team. I could see the Yankees making a run for him.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                The Brewers need starting pitching like crazy. I think they trade Prince Fielder for pitching and sign a 1st baseman.
                I would love for the Jays to make a run at Prince. They definately have the young pitching to make a legit offer.

IN other news, BA came out with the Jays updated top ten prospects:

1. Kyle Drabek, rhp
                2. Deck McGuire, rhp
                3. Anthony Gose, of
                4. Travis D'Arnaud, c
                5. Zach Stewart, rhp
                6. Asher Wojciechowski, rhp
                7. J.P. Arencibia, c
                8. Carlos Perez, c
                9. Aaron Sanchez, rhp
                10. Jake Marisnick, of

Complete overhaul from when AA first got here. Can anyone give me some info on how the list looks, I don't know much about Minor League Baseball.

Comment

• It looks average to me. I don't like Drabek all that much but Deck and Gose are intriguing as we said in IRC. I'm suprised Arencibia isn't higher.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't see why Travis d'Arnaud is so goddamn high.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      I don't see why Travis d'Arnaud is so goddamn high.
                      Hype from the Halladay trade?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Hype from the Halladay trade?
                        It's this "offensive tools" **** when he hasn't done anything since a short stint in low A in 2008 and an even shorter stint in A in the same year. He's a good defensive catcher, but I don't see why he's rated higher than JP, other than age.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          It's this "offensive tools" **** when he hasn't done anything since a short stint in low A in 2008 and an even shorter stint in A in the same year. He's a good defensive catcher, but I don't see why he's rated higher than JP, other than age.
                          I'm with you on that. I still enjoy BA but they have really slipped the last 3 years in my mind. Their rankings get weirder every year.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If they rank Ynoa this year, then I'll believe they are completely lost. They always have a tendency to over rank Engel Beltre for the Rangers though, so I'll keep my eye on that as well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'd be suprised if Ynoa was still ranked considering his past at this point. They go tools and draft position/international signing bonus way too much over actual production these days.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I do read BA for prospect reports, but I'd put BP, Keith Law, Sickels and some others above them in terms of actually prospect rating at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information