MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djp View Post
    It's not all that bad for Florida. Uggla is basically a rental, and they are super lucky he rejected 4/48. I don't think he's going to be worth anywhere near what he will get.
    If he takes to another position well, or at least adquately, 4/48 isn't bad at all for someone who is going to hit you in the low 30s for HRs. Maybe more in a different park.

Comment

• Wow is that all they really got? Figures he's staying within the division.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Dunn is a good reliever and Infante is a good utility guy I suppose, but come on. How many ******* relievers are the Marlins going to acquire this offseason?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I would have given up Meek/Hanrahan and someone else for Uggla if that's all they wanted.

Comment

• The Marlins have good starting pitching. Their bullpen was an issue and the defense was also a problem, so that's where Infante comes in. Depending on if they can find the offense to win enough games, they will be dangerous. Big if at this point, since Uggla was most of their offense last year. It also depends on if Dunn can help the pen.

Comment

• Why the rush to deal him anyway? Let the market develop a little and someone loses a FA they wanted and perhaps that team overbids for offense then. I just don't get this one.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                The Marlins have good starting pitching. Their bullpen was an issue and the defense was also a problem, so that's where Infante comes in. Depending on if they can find the offense to win enough games, they will be dangerous. Big if at this point, since Uggla was most of their offense last year. It also depends on if Dunn can help the pen.
                Infante isn't exactly an all world defender, and Dunn isn't much more than a LOOGY. Between this and the Cameron Maybin disaster, I don't know what the **** is going on with the Marlins.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'm with djp. The Marlins are lucky he didn't take their deal. But they are stupid for what they got in return.

Uggla's power is legit, but it's nearly all or nothing with him. This past season wasn't so bad, but I still question his worth as a hitter. Being a Rangers fan, I know all too well about power hitting without getting on base consistently. It does nothing to help your team over the long haul. Your success is fake success.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I'm with djp. The Marlins are lucky he didn't take their deal. But they are stupid for what they got in return.

Uggla's power is legit, but it's nearly all or nothing with him. This past season wasn't so bad, but I still question his worth as a hitter. Being a Rangers fan, I know all too well about power hitting without getting on base consistently. It does nothing to help your team over the long haul. Your success is fake success.
                    His OBPs the last three years: .360, .354, .369..........How is that not getting on base consistently? You act like he's ******* Joe Carter.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      His OBPs the last three years: .360, .354, .369..........How is that not getting on base consistently? You act like he's ******* Joe Carter.
                      Hm. Better than I thought. Carry on.

Comment

• UGGLA!!!! I'm psyched. I loved Infante, but this was a helluva deal for us. Now, if we could only move Alex Gonzalez.

But that's unlikely...at least we'll have excellent right handed power from our middle infield.

I'm so happy about this one. Good work Wren. Sign his ass up long term right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• What the ****?!

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• So....

C Mccann Left
                            1B Freeman Left
                            2B Uggla Right
                            3B Chipper Jones Switch
                            SS Gonzalez Right
                            LF Prado Right
                            CF Mclouth Left
                            RF Heyward Left

With a rock solid rotation. I like it, aside from Mclouth. I used to love him, but he's lost his swing. And with his injury history...Joe Mather will be starting in Center before you know it. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• So this means Conrad stays on as the utility player........?

Comment

• The Marlins pulled off a bad signing and a bad-not-awful trade in the same day. Who do they think they are, the Mets?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information