No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORLANDO, Fla. -- Speedy outfielder Rajai Davis has been acquired by the Toronto Blue Jays from the Oakland Athletics for a pair of minor leaguers in the second trade of the general managers' meetings.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5818537

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      I've heard it is around 86 now and that he's progressing well and should be ready to go. He was never a flame thrower, so I don't expect him to pull a Ubaldo type pitch anytime soon.
      Didn't he used to throw a 94-95 mph sinker? If so, that's a significant drop in velocity.

Comment

• Webb is shot. No way he does anything productive anymore.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Tigers are in "serious discussions" with Adam Dunn

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
            Tigers are in "serious discussions" with Adam Dunn
            I'd like Dunn for the Rangers, but I don't think they'll pursue him. He'd be a great DH to replace Vlad.

Comment

• Go to Los Angeles Dunn and Play LF in Adamdunnwood

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                Go to Los Angeles Dunn and Play LF in Adamdunnwood
                I don't know why a NL team would want him. His defense is horrible. An AL team who could just have him hit makes a lot of sense though.

He's from Texas.... Come home baby!

Comment

• Dombrowski has used way too many resources on relievers recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    Didn't he used to throw a 94-95 mph sinker? If so, that's a significant drop in velocity.
                    I don't ever think it was that high. Maybe high 80's, but I doubt it was mid 90's.

Comment

• It seems like the White Sox are willing to deal Gavin Floyd. He'd be a real nice fit in the Mets rotation and he's signed to a team friendly deal. I wonder what Williams would want in return.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                        nah 2 seamer could hit 91-93, sinker was always 87-90 and his nasty change was 71-74

actually he may of thrown it harder as a rookie but learned to take a bit off of it so it would have extra dive the next few years

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                          Tigers sign Joaquin Benoit to 3 yr/16.5 million contract.
                          So it begins. If he's 80 - 85% of what he was last year that's a good signing. If he's what he was last year then it's a great signing, he was rock solid here in Tampa. Any word on the Tigers signing Carl Crawford as well? Rays Index has said all along that it was the Tigers or Angels(no surprise) with the Tigers being the favorites.

Comment

• Seems the Pirates weren't joking about going after Jorge DLR. I doubt they land him, but it'd be great if they did. I just hope he doesn't turn out like another Oliver Perez.

Comment

• Excellent, I'm surprised we were able to get anything for him. We had a crowded outfield and Raj never regained the form he showed the 2nd half of '09. He just stopped taking walks, almost reverted back to his '08 form. For Toronto fans, he has good range in the OF but makes the occasional boneheaded play. Should be good for a defensive replacement and pinch runner (really fun to watch him tear around the bases, he'll be a fan fav because of it).

Comment

• i just wanna say thank god Gardenhire won Manager of the Year. he's the boss and deserved it big time
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information