Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I bet Johan is pissed for not getting the 2005 CY over Colon after today's results. I'm pretty suprised it only took the writers 5 years to learn how dumb they were in previous years.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • It's because stats have boomed into the mainstream over the last few years.


      RIP TheManInBlack

      Comment


      • Man I want a bat like Adam Dunn in Baltimore that would be a boost.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

        Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          It's because stats have boomed into the mainstream over the last few years.
          I know but still suprising the writers have changed their ways that quickly.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Yeah. No way Upton is worth that much. The fact that the Diamondbacks even want to trade him proves he's not worth that. He's not proven enough yet. His value is still based on projections. And if he doesn't hit those projections, his contract gets expensive. Probably why Towers is shopping him around.
            He most definitely is, only reason he is being discussed is because the D'Backs made a ridiculous demand and people are doing everything they can to try to match it

            Comment


            • Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              He most definitely is, only reason he is being discussed is because the D'Backs made a ridiculous demand and people are doing everything they can to try to match it
              He's not worth two Top 10 prospects. Contract wise he's worth what he'll be getting but not the return the Dbacks are looking for.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                He's not worth two Top 10 prospects. Contract wise he's worth what he'll be getting but not the return the Dbacks are looking for.
                I would consider him worth two top ten prospects. I'd definitely trade Butler, Myers and Aaron Crow for Upton (if I HAD to, I would substitute Hosmer for Butler, which would be two top ten prospects).


                RIP TheManInBlack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  I would consider him worth two top ten prospects. I'd definitely trade Butler, Myers and Aaron Crow for Upton (if I HAD to, I would substitute Hosmer for Butler, which would be two top ten prospects).
                  You're better off getting similar production from an IF at a cheaper rate though. An .800 OPS from a top prospect isn't that hard to come by. It's more diffcult to compare a pitching prospect to him though. Gun to my head I would do Butler and Crow though I think. I'm not very high on Crow though.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    You're better off getting similar production from an IF at a cheaper rate though. An .800 OPS from a top prospect isn't that hard to come by. It's more diffcult to compare a pitching prospect to him though. Gun to my head I would do Butler and Crow though I think. I'm not very high on Crow though.
                    Upton could conceivably play center field, and that's pretty damn valuable all things considered. I would definitely do Crow/Butler, as I've never been all that high on Butler (I still say he's overrated) and Crow has issues.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Upton could conceivably play center field, and that's pretty damn valuable all things considered. I would definitely do Crow/Butler, as I've never been all that high on Butler (I still say he's overrated) and Crow has issues.
                      Butler is what he is at this point but he's still a very good bat. If Upton played CF his value would be much higher but I'm not sure he could do it.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        ..........Yes he does, if he can harness it properly. His fastball/slider combo is ******* ridiculous, he just can't seem to control them at all (although I did hear that his fastball did dip in velocity).
                        Yes, his fastball's velo dropped a **** ton. He may have had better stuff in college but Bard's stuff is electric and i havent seen the same Miller since like his first year or 2. Hes not the same guy



                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                        Comment


                        • Felix for Cy was the right thing to do, but the egregious error that the voters committed by robbing Johan in 2005 will forever taint the award for me.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by djp View Post
                            Felix for Cy was the right thing to do, but the egregious error that the voters committed by robbing Johan in 2005 will forever taint the award for me.
                            I want that Johan back.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              I want that Johan back.
                              So do I. Johan was all class, always business here. It was so hilarious to watch people try to hit his changeup, cause they knew that **** was coming and still had no chance.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                Congrats King Felix.

                                And did I just see a post from T24L? WHere the **** you been man? The Giants won the World Series. I swear. It's true.
                                Seriously T2, I thought maybe you sabermetricly slapped someone to hard and got suspended or banned.
                                Man I came on here looking for you after the Rays lost Rangers series. I was so bummed out, went to game 2 and sat in LF and had chant for Carl because I didn't we'd ever see him in Tampa again. The chanting was almost as depressing as losing the WS in 2008, seriously. Then I had to work for game 5 which meant I had to listen to people who couldn't possibly care any less about baseball openly root for the Rangers just cause they thought it was funny and I had to listen to that from the time the game started to 6am. I just wanted to see another Rays fan. If there is a hell then that's it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information