MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    You don't think the Tigers will play him behind the plate every day? Or mostly everyday?
    Victor declined a deal for more money from the White Sox because of the DH/1B thing, so I think he is probably expecting them to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      They could just as easily stick Huff in RF too. There isn't in a ton of talent there.
      exactly, I dont see it as the end of BB coming to the majors in 2011.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        For the first two seasons, I expect him to catch about as much as he's the DH. But Avila will get his fair share, especially in the second half of the contract.
        Don't forget... he'll probably split his time up equally 3 ways... Catcher, DH and DL. ;)

Comment

• Victor is a willing defensive catcher, he just is not a good one. Know for a fact that some of our pitcher did not feel good throwing to him. Josh Beckett wouldn't play with him, know that for sure. Buchholz loved being caught by Victor though, so go figure. Things like that are widely overrated, but take it fwiw.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            You don't think the Tigers will play him behind the plate every day? Or mostly everyday?
            VMart's bat is valuable from a catchers position not dh
            Like X said, Thome is a better option at dh.
            He's a great offensive catcher but can't throw anyone out.
            It's aggravating to know they're going to steal and know VMart can't do anything about it.
            If he could play better behind the plate, I would have liked the BoSox to match that offer but since he isnt- im fine with Theo letting him go
            Last edited by Nalej; 11-23-2010, 03:33 PM.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• 6/140 offer for Lee from Yanks.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed...n-to-cliff-lee

Comment

• holy ballsacks batman!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• That's a lot of money for sure.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    welcome to NY Cliff

Comment

• Phillies looking to shop Raul Ibanez. Does anyone actually want him? I'd take a couple mid-range prospects for him if anyone wants to eat his contract. Raul was a good signing and all but I hated that 3rd year when we made the deal and I hate it even more now. I don't even care if we don't re-invest that money into Werth, I'd take any right handed bat with solid defense and some pop over Raul.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        I thought he'd be getting at least $25M per year, so that's a little cheaper than expected. I'm pretty sure most here thought he'd be getting that. The question was on the number of years.

6 years is a long time, but I'm pretty sure Lee will not disappoint. He'll probably still be good in year 6. They don't call them the Damn Yankees for nothing.

...interested to know what the Rangers think about that...

Comment

• Here's my guess... The Rangers will offer Lee 7 years at a lesser avg per year... Around $21-22M per.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                            Phillies looking to shop Raul Ibanez. Does anyone actually want him? I'd take a couple mid-range prospects for him if anyone wants to eat his contract. Raul was a good signing and all but I hated that 3rd year when we made the deal and I hate it even more now. I don't even care if we don't re-invest that money into Werth, I'd take any right handed bat with solid defense and some pop over Raul.
                            Haha at anyone offering a mid-range prospect for Raul AND eating his salary.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              The Giants re-signed Aubre Huff to a 2 year $22 million deal. Welcome back to the real Brian Sabean.
                              No, the real Brian Sabean would have offered 4 years and $48M. A 2 year deal for Huff (if we're getting 2010 Huff and not 2009 Huff) is fine for me. I was expecting at least $9M per year, so $11 is not such a big deal. Both Huff and Belt can play 1B/OF so if they feel Belt is ready, then they'll have a place to play both. It's not ideal that way, but they didn't want to have to commit to longer years and more dollars for one of the other 1bs on the market. Also, I heard the 2/22 was just matching another team's offer so I guess it was a "market value" deal.

Also, the Giants won the World Series. I just like writing that.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                                No, the real Brian Sabean would have offered 4 years and $48M. A 2 year deal for Huff (if we're getting 2010 Huff and not 2009 Huff) is fine for me. I was expecting at least $9M per year, so $11 is not such a big deal. Both Huff and Belt can play 1B/OF so if they feel Belt is ready, then they'll have a place to play both. It's not ideal that way, but they didn't want to have to commit to longer years and more dollars for one of the other 1bs on the market. Also, I heard the 2/22 was just matching another team's offer so I guess it was a "market value" deal.

Also, the Giants won the World Series. I just like writing that.
                                He's coming off a career year at age 33 and his 2nd half stats were nothing to be proud of. It's a simple overpay because he helped you win the WS. If there was another team offering that then they're just as dumb.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information