No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently the Rangers were also chasing V-Mart. ...they probably drove up his asking price. But honestly, I would've like him for the Rangers, but that's probably because I love the guy in fantasy baseball. lol.

Now they're looking at Vlad and Konerko as DH possibilities. Wish they were going for Dunn.

Comment

• Pirates trade Zach Duke to the DBacks for a PTBNL. Hopefully that player is named Jarrod Parker. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Not looking good for the Rangers to sign Lee.... :(

"Nolan Ryan told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Cliff Lee (Twitter link). The Rangers will try to sell the appeal of Texas to Lee, an Arkansas native, but they don't have the same spending power as the Yankees."

"Neftali Feliz told Jose Caceres of Hoy he's heard rumors about the Rangers planning to move him to the rotation, but on the team's end, "Nobody has said anything to me." SI's Jon Heyman tweeted earlier today that the team would consider the move if they can't sign Cliff Lee. "
        so should DM sxcpet a call from Daniels assoon as Lee goes to NY?

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Pirates trade Zach Duke to the DBacks for a PTBNL. Hopefully that player is named Jarrod Parker. :)
          It's a rule 5 player, so one of the following:

C Ed Easley
          2B Mark Hallberg
          OF Evan Frey
          RHP Josh Ellis
          RHP Bryan Henry
          1B Sean Coughlin
          OF Cyle Hankerd

Hallberg and Frey being the only 2 I've ever heard of

I wouldn't expect either team to get better because of this

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            It's a rule 5 player, so one of the following:

C Ed Easley
            2B Mark Hallberg
            OF Evan Frey
            RHP Josh Ellis
            RHP Bryan Henry
            1B Sean Coughlin
            OF Cyle Hankerd

Hallberg and Frey being the only 2 I've ever heard of

I wouldn't expect either team to get better because of this
            Won't be Hankerd. He's only protected on the AA roster which means his value has gone to ****. Excellent raw tools, but he hasn't performed and has been oft-injured. Easley wouldn't surprise me. He's an ex supplementary round pick, but the last thing the Pirates need is another catcher.

Add Wes Roemer and Thomas Layne to the mix

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• You mean it won't be Jarrod Parker?!?! Oh noes!

Comment

• Twins have dipped into the Japanese market, winning the negotiating rights to 2B/SS Tsuyoshi Nishioka for approximately $5.3M.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Dodgers sign Jon Garland to a year for 5 million, with an option for 2012. I REALLY like their rotation going into next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    Dodgers sign Jon Garland to a year for 5 million, with an option for 2012. I REALLY like their rotation going into next season.
                    id like it more with Cliff Lee :(

lol i could only hope.

I just wish they would go after another big stick....and if they dont get it, at least they tried.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• You know as well as I do.

They haven't been announced yet.

Last edited by Siddique; 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• I wanted Javy Vazquez.

Comment

• Wrong thread, so I'll add something minor here to save face.

I wish the Phillies protected Kissock, I don't want to lose him like they lost Monasterois in the Rule 5.
                          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                            Wrong thread, so I'll add something minor here to save face.

I wish the Phillies protected Kissock, I don't want to lose him like they lost Monasterois in the Rule 5.
                            Chris Kissock?

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                              Chris Kissock?
                              Nothing reliever that's 25 and never been above AA.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Nothing reliever that's 25 and never been above AA.
                                is that who hes talking about though?

i play at the same school that he played at, i know him pretty well. good guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information