MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Ryan Theroit traded to the Cards for Blake Hawksworth.
    Like the trade. I mean, I hate every1 in our bullpen except Franklin and McClellan and even they drive me to the edge sometimes. So to get a somewhat useful player in Theriot, I am happy. Plus, he is a former Cub and prolly wanna kick their asses, I am all for that. 102 years is a long time, so lets make it 103!

Comment

• Theriot is the kind of decent hitting, versatile guy that LaRussa wants in his lineup, so he should fit in well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Tulo got a 6 year $120 million extension.
        Rather have Cliff Lee for a few more bucks.

Speaking of which... why hasn't he accepted the Yankees offer already???

Comment

• Originally posted by DHVF View Post
          That's not the only thing you have a soft spot for (I'm sorry, it had to be said)
          Twas a simple time. I miss it and its debates of Shaun Rogers v. Kevin Williams dearly.
          It really was a golden era...

Comment

• What do you guys think Jeter will ultimately get? Is there even a 1% chance he doesn't return to the Yankees?

Comment

• Looks like Tejada to the Giants. Bartlett or Hardy would be good in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• I know its old news but the Uribe contract is so dumb. Uribe had some great playoff hits for us but I see him failing real bad in LA

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                  Like the trade. I mean, I hate every1 in our bullpen except Franklin and McClellan and even they drive me to the edge sometimes. So to get a somewhat useful player in Theriot, I am happy. Plus, he is a former Cub and prolly wanna kick their asses, I am all for that. 102 years is a long time, so lets make it 103!
                  Oh No you guys got Aaron Miles 2.0!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    What do you guys think Jeter will ultimately get? Is there even a 1% chance he doesn't return to the Yankees?
                    I don't think so. I think he'll eventually come to his senses and take the 3/45 deal the Yankees reportedly offered. I don't know everything about the situation, but apparently another front office guy said no way Jeter gets anything close to that anywhere else. Yankees are willing to overpay, but within reason, and I think once Jeter sees that there is nowhere for him to use as leverage in negotiations, he'll sign.

Also I am a beast in my my player on MLB 2k10. I'm 18/30 with 5 homers and 11 RBI. OPS of 1.87.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      I don't think so. I think he'll eventually come to his senses and take the 3/45 deal the Yankees reportedly offered. I don't know everything about the situation, but apparently another front office guy said no way Jeter gets anything close to that anywhere else. Yankees are willing to overpay, but within reason, and I think once Jeter sees that there is nowhere for him to use as leverage in negotiations, he'll sign.

Also I am a beast in my my player on MLB 2k10. I'm 18/30 with 5 homers and 11 RBI. OPS of 1.87.
                      Did you name him PK Pujols?
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Rather have Cliff Lee for a few more bucks.

Speaking of which... why hasn't he accepted the Yankees offer already???
                        I don't believe the Yankees have made an offer yet. According to Yahoo! they are discussing a trade for Zach Grienke with Kansas City.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          I don't believe the Yankees have made an offer yet. According to Yahoo! they are discussing a trade for Zach Grienke with Kansas City.
                          Grienke to the Yankees??? Imagine a Sabathia, Lee, Grienke trio. *drops jaw*

Comment

• Doesn't Greinke have some sort of anxiety disorder? That could turn into a disaster in New York.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• In the Yahoo! article (too lazy to find it, shouldn't be hard if you look) a source close to Grienke says that he's open to playing in New York and that his no-trade clause is about a contract extension and not his anxiety order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                                Doesn't Greinke have some sort of anxiety disorder? That could turn into a disaster in New York.
                                Some kind of social anxiety issue. I remember hearing that it almost entirely derailed his career and he even contemplated early retirement at one point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information