Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Was going through the list of available SP's that the Yanks could go after. I think it's very much conceivable that they make a play for Brandon Webb at the very least. If he's healthy, he could be a nice lift.
    Webb is absolutely done as an effective starter, and he certainly wouldn't get much help by that godawful left side of the infield defense if he were still effective.

    Also, that list is horseshit Seth. How the hell do they rank Tailon that high and leave Turner off? That's not even to mention how ridiculously high Jaff Decker is (what the hell?) and Teheran being all the way down at 25. Biggest weakness for Myers is none? How about defense?


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • How do we know that Webb is done as a starter? He had a big surgery and rehabbed much of the last 2 years. For a team like the Yanks, you can take a flyer on him, see if he pans out, then option or outright him if it doesn't. You think it's not a good $3mm gamble?



      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        How do we know that Webb is done as a starter? He had a big surgery and rehabbed much of the last 2 years. For a team like the Yanks, you can take a flyer on him, see if he pans out, then option or outright him if it doesn't. You think it's not a good $3mm gamble?
        His fastball is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down and his various rehabs have not gone well.


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          His fastball is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down and his various rehabs have not gone well.
          It's called rehab/recovery. Talk about going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            Project Prospect's top 25 prospects:

            http://projectprospect.com/article/2...-prospect-list


            Surprised they have Taillon ranked so high. I don't think he's a top 10 prospect yet.
            surprised Moustakas is so low

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              It's called rehab/recovery. Talk about going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard.
              Webb is done boy.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Webb is done boy.
                ...and the Yankees are going to sign Cliff Lee.

                I doubt Webb returns to his same dominant form myself, but I wouldn't completely write him off either. He'd be worth a low cost investment by a team willing to allow him to rehab.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  ...and the Yankees are going to sign Cliff Lee.
                  You insisted that the Rangers would.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    You insisted that the Rangers would.
                    Wait.....The Rangers didn't sign Cliff Lee? I thought they had all that TV deal money though.

                    Must say though...I was def wrong....for sure that he was going to Yanks. I'll admit that, but realistically this has worked out perfectly(besides him signing with the Jays :p )

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      You insisted that the Rangers would.
                      I was hopeful and I defended why it wasn't a lock for him to sign with the Yankees. I never "insisted" or implyed that him going back to Texas was a lock. I just said that they shouldn't be ignored. ....and they weren't. In no way was I wrong about Lee's FA experience. Texas was in the race till the end and the Yankees DIDN'T get him.

                      Comment


                      • It has been announced that Russell Martin signed with the Yankees and Cliff Lee is back with the phillies

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dubois89 View Post
                          It has been announced that Russell Martin signed with the Yankees and Cliff Lee is back with the phillies
                          I heard Abe Lincoln got shot, too. Can anyone confirm?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                            Wait.....The Rangers didn't sign Cliff Lee? I thought they had all that TV deal money though.

                            Must say though...I was def wrong....for sure that he was going to Yanks. I'll admit that, but realistically this has worked out perfectly(besides him signing with the Jays :p )
                            After further research, I found out the money doesn't start coming in until 2013... or is it 2015? I forget.

                            Regardless, it wasn't the money that kept the Rangers out of the race. ...and that was what people were claiming the Rangers shortcomings would be.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              I heard Abe Lincoln got shot, too. Can anyone confirm?
                              Link or it didn't happen!

                              Comment


                              • Seemed to me like the Rangers didn't get Lee because a) they didn't represent the place where Lee most wanted to go(obviously Philly and b) they couldn't offer the most money


                                Seems like the Rangers were a distant third to be honest.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information