No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs signed Wood for 1 year $ 1.5 million. How are all these RP's getting crazy deal and Wood only gets that. Weird. I know he turned down more money from the White Sox but still.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Willingham is going to have major problems in that huge Oakland OF.
      The outfield isn't really huge. If you compare the dimensions to other parks I think it's fairly average. It's the foul territory and the night air that make it a pitchers park.

Comment

Cubs signed Wood for 1 year $ 1.5 million. How are all these RP's getting crazy deal and Wood only gets that. Weird. I know he turned down more money from the White Sox but still.
        He has had his issues the last two years, but given the contracts handed out this offseason he still should have gotten like 2 years/$6 million.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          He has had his issues the last two years, but given the contracts handed out this offseason he still should have gotten like 2 years/$6 million.
          Yeah that's what I was thinking. You have guys like Guerrier, Crain, and your boy getting outrageous deals so it was suprising to see Wood get so little.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cubs signed Wood for 1 year $ 1.5 million. How are all these RP's getting crazy deal and Wood only gets that. Weird. I know he turned down more money from the White Sox but still.
            Yankees should have re-signed him and hoped him and Prior could re-kindle some magic.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
              Yankees should have re-signed him and hoped him and Prior could re-kindle some magic.
              Prior is done, no thoughts of him ever doing anything again should be had.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Cubs got a bit of the "hometeam" discount on that one... I think he just loves the Cubs organization, and Cubs fans love him.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Red Sox signed Andrew Miller to a minor league deal. I think he makes it with some coaching. He's probably done as a starter at this point, but we're going to be trying the Daniel Bard experiment all over again with him.

Interestingly enough, we also signed Ryan Harvey, who we're converting to a pitcher.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• I'm excited about the Jenks signing. Especially since it was for only two years
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                      Wood was ridiculously good as a Yankee last year. I'm shocked he went that cheap. When he is healthy, he is much better than any of these relievers.

Comment

• I honestly thought the Red Sox would take a look at him. Surprised they didn't for what he went for
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• He clearly wanted to be a Cub.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                            I honestly thought the Red Sox would take a look at him. Surprised they didn't for what he went for
                            Wood might have been told he'll have a chance to win the closers job in Chicago though. Might be why the Sox and Yankees didn't really consider him. Especially at that price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              Wood might have been told he'll have a chance to win the closers job in Chicago though. Might be why the Sox and Yankees didn't really consider him. Especially at that price.
                              There is no way he has a chance to win the closers job. Marmol is a fantastic closer. He is better than Kerry Wood in almost every facet.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Somebody clearly duped Wood is he thinks that. Marmol is an absolute stud.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information