MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Of course he is because he is a SP. But Rivera is hands down the best ever at his position. Where as Maddux a lot of times wasn't even the best SP in his rotation. At least in my opinion.
    He was by far the best pitcher in the Braves rotation, and it wasn't even close. Don't give me that ****.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      He was by far the best pitcher in the Braves rotation, and it wasn't even close. Don't give me that ****.
      Over the course of his career his was. But if I needed one win in a big game in the playoffs, I'm going with Smoltz. If Maddux wasn't getting his normal 6 extra inches on each side of the plate, he wasn't as effective.

Comment

Over the course of his career his was. But if I needed one win in a big game in the playoffs, I'm going with Smoltz. If Maddux wasn't getting his normal 6 extra inches on each side of the plate, he wasn't as effective.
        I.........just no. Just no Jughead, you're better than this.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I.........just no. Just no Jughead, you're better than this.
          I know you hate this but baseball is more than numbers. Maddux's are phenominal. But I've never seen a pitcher get more plate than Maddux in his career. And in the late 90's I certainly feared Smoltz more than Maddux. Smoltz could just dominate you. Maddux's game was too dependant on how lenient the ump was going to be that night. More times than not he got the extra inches from him thoguh.

Comment

• So ummm... the Yankees... lol at their offseason. They've pretty much gotten owned.

On the other hand, LOVE what the Red Sox did. Adding Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez... scary.

Comment

I know you hate this but baseball is more than numbers. Maddux's are phenominal. But I've never seen a pitcher get more plate than Maddux in his career. And in the late 90's I certainly feared Smoltz more than Maddux. Smoltz could just dominate you. Maddux's game was too dependant on how lenient the ump was going to be that night. More times than not he got the extra inches from him thoguh.
              It wasn't that much of a difference from all random star pitchers. I still say Pedro in his prime is better than any pitcher I will ever see, but Maddux is easily top three.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                So ummm... the Yankees... lol at their offseason. They've pretty much gotten owned.

On the other hand, LOVE what the Red Sox did. Adding Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez... scary.
                Well this was a weak offseason. I don't think the Yankees ever really wanted anyone except obviously Lee. I think they had interest in Werth but not real strong interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  So ummm... the Yankees... lol at their offseason. They've pretty much gotten owned.

They have way too many defensively inefficient guys on the team, that is their main problem.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

They have way too many defensively inefficient guys on the team, that is their main problem.
                    It's just really Jeter and A-Rod. Everyone else is solid or better.

Comment

It's just really Jeter and A-Rod. Everyone else is solid or better.
                      They are stuck with them both for a long ass time, and Posada isn't exactly a world beater anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

They are stuck with them both for a long ass time, and Posada isn't exactly a world beater anymore.
                        Well Posada isn't catching this year. At least not more than 10-15 games. Eventually A-Rod will be our DH and hopefully Jeter can take to 3B quickly. Jeter is only one year removed from a very solid defensive season. A-Rod's been bad for a few years now.

Comment

• Montero is also pretty terrible defensively.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Nick Swisher is terrible also.

Pedro Martinez was the best pitcher I'll ever see. His 99 and 00 seasons are just ridiculous.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Swisher isn't terrible. He's ok. RF at Yankee Stadium is easy enough to play for him. On the road at some of the bigger parks, he's a bit of an adventure.

Comment

Swisher isn't terrible. He's ok. RF at Yankee Stadium is easy enough to play for him. On the road at some of the bigger parks, he's a bit of an adventure.
                                Nope I'm pretty sure he messes up more balls in RF than I've seen in a while. He's a butcher.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information