MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
    It's funny you guys brought this up, I just read an article about that. The data they found showed players who don't swing at the 3-2 pitch have much more success than those who do.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2011/...pxp-lawyerball
    Yeah, that may be the case....but the hitter cant strike out in that situation, a borderline call like that he needs to swing.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Daniel Descalso has been money this year.

Kyle Lohse with another great outing as well, can't believe Cardinals are 29-20 with one win from Carpenter, none from Waino (obviously) and Pujols hitting in the .260s.

Comment

• Bob Geren has the brain of a ******* peanut, this guy has cost more losses then any player on the field. Remove his ass off this planet.

Comment

• Todd Frazier!!! Finally.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
            Yeah, that may be the case....but the hitter cant strike out in that situation, a borderline call like that he needs to swing.
            the moral of the story is the runner should not have been stealing. Bad call by the manager.

A swing and a miss doesn't do much to protect the runner anyway, at least not much more than the bat flip at the end. That was a tough pitch

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

• Andrew Oliver will start for Detroit this weekend vs. Boston.

Slick.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                Andrew Oliver will start for Detroit this weekend vs. Boston.

Slick.
                *Runs to waiver wire*

Comment

• Is Leyland doing that bad of a job right now in the eyes of Tigers fans?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                    I don't know if you read the article or not, but again, the data shows that not swinging at a borderline 3-2 pitch works out in the batters favor much more often than swinging does. I myself was surprised to hear it, but it wouldn't be the first time traditional baseball logic was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                      Is Leyland doing that bad of a job right now in the eyes of Tigers fans?
                      Its his old school way of doing things against the sports radio call in guy way of doing things. He's doing a decent job with the lineup but I don't like the way he manages the bullpen. Benoit's struggles aren't helping.

Comment

• Charlie Morton vs Jair Jurrjens...this should be a fun one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Another quality start for Morton...but hot damn is Jurrjens hot right now. Why the hell does he have to be one of Boras' guys? ugh. We need to lock him up. He looks like Maddux this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• J.Beckett is a boss
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Leo Nunez is 18/18 in save opportunities this season. O_O

(he's gonna blow one tomorrow now, but oh well)

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                                Leo Nunez is 18/18 in save opportunities this season. O_O

(he's gonna blow one tomorrow now, but oh well)
                                He has been pretty lights out this year.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information