MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficially report on Posey:
    @AmyGGiants: Unofficial update: Posey has broken leg and torn ligaments.
    No Pablo and now no Posey. All focus now has to be towards acquiring a catcher. No way can they go through the season with just Whiteside and Stewart. At least Brandon Belt is being called back up.

Comment

• That's crappy news. Sorry Borat.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
        Unofficially report on Posey:

No Pablo and now no Posey. All focus now has to be towards acquiring a catcher. No way can they go through the season with just Whiteside and Stewart. At least Brandon Belt is being called back up.
        There are no catchers to acquire though. You might better off going with a defensive guy there and upgrading somewhere else.

Comment

Unofficially report on Posey:

Ugh thats not good. Been a Posey fan for a few years now.

Not to mention hes on my fantasy team :-(

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            There are no catchers to acquire though. You might better off going with a defensive guy there and upgrading somewhere else.
            Marty Lurie (Giants post game host) suggested Pudge. A lot of Giants fans are suggesting (talking themselves into) Bengie Molina. I would agree with you, on standing pat with Whiteside, if Pablo can come back healthy and Belt steps up but this team has been struggling to generate runs even with a healthy Posey.
            Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?; 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Marty Lurie (Giants post game host) suggested Pudge. A lot of Giants fans are suggesting (talking themselves into) Bengie Molina. I would agree with you if Pablo can come back healthy and Belt steps up but this team has been struggling to generate runs even with a healthy Posey.
              Well I dunno how many runs Bengie or Pudge will help you produce at this point. Pudge right now is .205/.256/.342. You might as well just stick with Whiteside. There are a lot of positions you can upgrade at where good players could be available. There are just no catchers out there. If a team has a good catcher, they're not letting them go.

Comment

• I would say Reyes is an even better fit now but that's really not true considering they'd have noone to drive him in. Maybe the Giants hope the Brewers tank and they make a move for Prince?
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  I would say Reyes is an even better fit now but that's really not true considering they'd have noone to drive him in. Maybe the Giants hope the Brewers tank and they make a move for Prince?
                  Montero for Matt Cain? I think Cain is a player we might be going after anyway in the offseason. If he's available, which I think he very well might be.

Comment

• Cain in Yankee Stadium would spell so much trouble. If I'm the Yankees I wouldn't take Cain.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Montero for Matt Cain? I think Cain is a player we might be going after anyway in the offseason. If he's available, which I think he very well might be.
                      Dont see them trading Cain for essentially a one year replacement seeing as they already have Belt at 1B

Comment

• We'll give you Doumit or Snyder. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                          We'll give you Doumit or Snyder. :)
                          More likely the Pirates will trade McCutchen or Walker for some Minor League Pitchers.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                            More likely the Pirates will trade McCutchen or Walker for some Minor League Pitchers.
                            Different management....

Comment

• Originally posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
                              Dont see them trading Cain for essentially a one year replacement seeing as they already have Belt at 1B
                              Belt can play Left and Montero would then move to first.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Good god. Red Sox jump all over the Tigers a day after annihilating Cleveland.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information