Bataan Memorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bataan Memorial

I was going to post this in the random discussion thread, but I decided that the Bataan Bastards more than deserved a thread of their own. I'm heading to White Sands, New Mexico to participate in the Bataan Memorial Death March.

History of the Bataan Death March

I encourage you to read up a little about the death march and think about the guys that were forced to endure it. I can't wait to meet the survivors this weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Good fro you. My brother participated in the Bataan Death March Memorial march last year.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
      I was going to post this in the random discussion thread, but I decided that the Bataan Bastards more than deserved a thread of their own. I'm heading to White Sands, New Mexico to participate in the Bataan Memorial Death March.

History of the Bataan Death March

I encourage you to read up a little about the death march and think about the guys that were forced to endure it. I can't wait to meet the survivors this weekend.
      No mama, no papa and no Uncle Sam.

Are you stationed at White Sands?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

That's awesome man, enjoy the cause. I read the link you posted. I had no idea of it until now.

Comment

A couple of years ago I went to the local legion and watched a survivor of the march/pow camp speak about his experiences. there were also a vet who served on the USS Ward ("the first shot club") and a fighter pilot who served in the pacific. they all had incredible stories to share. it was a fantastic experience.

enjoy your experience.
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            No mama, no papa and no Uncle Sam.

Are you stationed at White Sands?
            No, me and a few guys from my unit were lucky enough to get orders to come down and participate.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Just finished the Bataan. It was pretty brutal. I don't think I've ever been as sore as i am now in my entire life. 26.2 miles, 14 miles uphill, soft sand, 50 lbs on my back...i'm smoked

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

My dad's an amateur runner (he's not good at all but likes to run in 5ks and such) and he's mentioned this to me. Great job man.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                  Just finished the Bataan. It was pretty brutal. I don't think I've ever been as sore as i am now in my entire life. 26.2 miles, 14 miles uphill, soft sand, 50 lbs on my back...i'm smoked
                  Moleskin is your friend.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information