No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thought: Walt kept spinning the gun on the table. The third time it pointed to the plant on the patio. A tip toward using some kind of home grown poison?

Combine that with the Huell pat down scene, and the writers quietly created a case to question whether Gus or Walt is behind Brock's illness. Then add in the fact that Walt was absent and unaccounted for in the entire middle portion of the episode.

And as I said before, this plot seems more Walt-like for its haphazardness and numerous unaccounted for variables than it does a typical Gus plot. Gus is far more calculating and I don't see his motivation for risking losing Jesse's loyalty.

Walt knew he could manipulate Jesse into believing Gus would harm children based on a previous act. He can play innocent. And frankly, Gus wouldn't repeat harming a child because it would be a tip off for his involvement.

I think this is Walt's doing. Before his semi-reconciliation with Jesse at his house, Walt had clearly concluded that his relationship with Jesse was irreparable and Jesse's loyalty had fully shifted to Gus. It may be cruel and shocking of Walt to target Brock, but he was at his most desperate point and Jesse's well-being was no longer important to him after their repeated falling outs.
    Last edited by Xiomera; 10-03-2011, 03:07 PM.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      Is the entrance to the lab all that obvious to the naked eye? I only remember seeing the machine move aside to reveal the doorway once and it was the first time Walt was taken to the lab. I mean, I don't see how Hank is going to see it in a photo if he doesn't know precisely what he's looking for.

I have no doubt the lab will be found, I just don't recall the entrance being so glaringly noticeable.
      I'm in the same boat as you, I couldn't agree more. I pointed out earlier that there was not hint that Gomez noticed anything, and the dog continued on so I find it hard to believe that anything was noticeable. I'm sure Hank will see something to key in on tho, like finding the los pollos flier and just jumping right to Gus being a meth supplier.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        Another thought: Walt kept spinning the gun on the table. The third time it pointed to the plant on the patio. A tip toward using some kind of home grown poison?

Combine that with the Huell pat down scene, and the writers quietly created a case to question whether Gus or Walt is behind Brock's illness. Then add in the fact that Walt was absent and unaccounted for in the entire middle portion of the episode.

And as I said before, this plot seems more Walt-like for its haphazardness and numerous unaccounted for variables than it does a typical Gus plot. Gus is far more calculating and I don't see his motivation for risking losing Jesse's loyalty.

Walt knew he could manipulate Jesse into believing Gus would harm children based on a previous act. He can play innocent. And frankly, Gus wouldn't repeat harming a child because it would be a tip off for his involvement.

I think this is Walt's doing. Before his semi-reconciliation with Jesse at his house, Walt had clearly concluded that his relationship with Jesse was irreparable and Jesse's loyalty had fully shifted to Gus. It may be cruel and shocking of Walt to target Brock, but he was at his most desperate point and Jesse's well-being was no longer important to him after their repeated falling outs.
        The mere fact that I'm questioning the plausibility of such a far-fetched plot and whether Walt could stoop to this level of evil is a testament to how brilliant the show is. This plot is one of two things: Either a stunning twist or a well-orchestrated red herring. The payoff will be exception either way.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I can also still potentially subscribe to the whole "Brock stole the cigarette that happened to contain ricin" possibility. Seems just like Jesse to start wildly theorizing that someone MUST BE responsible for a consequence of an action that was rightfully his. He likes to avoid blame by projecting it upon others. This has happened before.

I think Gus being responsible for Brock getting sick is the third most likely of these scenarios. I actually won't be disappointed if the writers never even reveal how Brock was poisoned (at least right away). I love the ambiguity and keeping the audience in the dark about certain plot points and only showing us the consequences.

Vince Gilligan has been quoted many times as saying he likes to (paraphrasing here) give the audience Point A and Point C and let people fill in Point B on the timeline of events themselves.
          Last edited by Xiomera; 10-03-2011, 03:23 PM.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Brock stealing the cigarette would be pretty lame and wouldn't advance the plot in any direction. I think that's definitely the third most likely.

Comment

• Another point, because they're coming fast and furious to me as I think about the episode:

If Gus honestly didn't poison Brock, then he probably left that hospital conversation believing that Jesse suspected HIM of doing the poisoning. And as a result, he thought better of getting in his car because he no longer had Jesse's loyalty (or at least had reason to doubt it).
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Brock stealing the cigarette would be pretty lame and wouldn't advance the plot in any direction. I think that's definitely the third most likely.
                How so, if that is what happened the plot was already advanced so idk how you can say that. I think if anything thats THE most likely.

Originally posted by WMD
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Brock stealing the cigarette would be pretty lame and wouldn't advance the plot in any direction. I think that's definitely the third most likely.
                  It might be lame, but it also seems plausible based on how kids realistically behave. Brock looks up to Jesse and it's hardly a stretch to think he'd want to emulate him by trying to smoke. Maybe he was smart enough to flip another cigarette upside down in the pack. Then Jesse wouldn't be suspicious of one being missing.

It does advance the plot because the "how" and "why" Jesse and Walt team up is less important than the simple fact that they do. Maybe it doesn't have to be a sinister, calculated plot. Occam's Razor perhaps? (The simplest explanation is the most likely explanation).

With that said, I still think Walt being involved is the most likely option.
                  Last edited by Xiomera; 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                    How so, if that is what happened the plot was already advanced so idk how you can say that. I think if anything thats THE most likely.

It was just be a boring/weird way to conclude that part of the story, when it was the main point of the second to last episode of the season. It seems to me like it has to go deeper than that. Walt being behind it I could buy, this thread has kind of strayed me into that line of thinking.

Comment

It was just be a boring/weird way to conclude that part of the story, when it was the main point of the second to last episode of the season. It seems to me like it has to go deeper than that. Walt being behind it I could buy, this thread has kind of strayed me into that line of thinking.
                      Maybe but who knows. I highly doubt that it was Walt who did it, if Walt did it A. how would he have gotten the cigarette from Jesse and B. He knows how to make it, he wouldn't have to bother stealing it from him.

I doubt it's Gus because how would Gus even know Jesse had the poison in the first place?

I think the best explanation is simply that Brock tried one of Jesse's cigarettes. But I'd be willing to bet we'll never actually find out what happened.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• I'll repeat, IF Walt poisoned Brock, I doubt VERY much he actually used ricin and not something less fatal.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• if it wasn't accident then Saul/Huell were most definitely involved, maybe as a way to stay out of Gus' crosshairs or just helping Walt

Comment

• Coupled together with Walt's recent request to leave the business,

Comment

• I just see absolutely no way that Walt did it, sorry. He didn't leave the house that day, and involving Saul would mean that not only is Huell able to grab the cigarette THAT quickly, but that Saul would even be willing to harm a child. Saul is a crooked guy, but he is not violent or harmful in any physical manner and would not stoop to those levels. My belief is that Gus did it, and I really doubt the other explanations will pan out. It's just a simple thing Gus did.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Don't listen to Corey. He's actin' a fool.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information