The Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Soccer Thread

Couldn't find one, so I decided to start one. How many soccer fans are out there. Yesterday I talked to one, and I'm guessing there are more out there.

Anyways, anybody watch the Barcelona vs. Arsenal game today?

Really unfortunate injury for Fabregas, weird way to injure yourself, kicking a penalty kick. I'm guessing the collision with Puyol had something to do with it.

He thinks he's out for the rest of the season with a broken fibula. Big loss for Arsenal, he's a good player. For Spain's national team, also a significant loss, but they've got all kinds of depth, they'll probably find a replacement.

Props to clover_jeez!

It's been a little buried, but http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Didn't catch any of today's games, but I was pretty excited to see Bayern get the advantage in the last minute yesterday.

But yeah, that definitely blows if Fabregas is out. Rooney got hurt, too, but that's only a few weeks. Still, he'll miss the second leg in the quarters and possibly the game against City (which I may have more interest in than others)

Comment

Also, Puyol and Pique are gonna miss the next games due to a red card and multiple yellows. Gonna be tough to lose both starters.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I watch a lot of English football. I like Arsenal, they play good football. They looked outclassed for long periods last night though, especially in the first half.

With Puyol and Pique suspended, it makes for an interesting second leg, hopefully Arsenal can hit them on the counter attack.

I didn't realise that the Fabregas injury was so serious. It looked like he hurt himself taking the penalty.

"When I took the penalty, I was quite strong, but after when I went to get the ball, I could not walk any more," he added.
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/8598122.stm

Comment

Bayern Munich is ma team and I love them. I was so happy to see them pull out the late winner against Man U. Im telling you this team is dangerous, does anybody have better wing play in the world with Ribery and Robben. Now we get Gomez and Schweini back for the 2nd leg and Man U wont have Rooney :D hey supermcgee if u are a bills and bayern fan then we are a match made in heaven. lol.

its gonna be real tough for arsenal to win in Nou Camp with Fabregas (watching it live it only looked like he pulled a calf muscle or something like that).

btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers?

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by Lions WMD
            None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

Comment

Not really a Bayern fan, but I'm certainly rooting for them against United and maybe even the rest of the way if they pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by billsfootball15 View Post
                btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers
                Neither, my Scottish team is Aberdeen
                Last edited by Who Dat Nation; 04-02-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billsfootball15 View Post
                  Bayern Munich is ma team and I love them. I was so happy to see them pull out the late winner against Man U. Im telling you this team is dangerous, does anybody have better wing play in the world with Ribery and Robben. Now we get Gomez and Schweini back for the 2nd leg and Man U wont have Rooney :D hey supermcgee if u are a bills and bayern fan then we are a match made in heaven. lol.

its gonna be real tough for arsenal to win in Nou Camp with Fabregas (watching it live it only looked like he pulled a calf muscle or something like that).

btw, who dat nation, celtic or rangers?
                  I'm not doing this at all to be a dick or rag on your team, but I actually think Bayern is pretty overrated.....Fiorentina outclassed them in the last round and Bayern advanced due to a horrendous gaff on the linesman's part and an absolute wonder goal by Robben. I would be pretty shocked if they advanced past a full strength United, then again, utd. without Rooney has proven to be not such a strong side, so I could see it. I just don't get the Bayern love.....especially Ribery.....he is good player no doubt, but he isnt world class imo. He had a pretty poor game for an elite talent in the first leg. He is electric on the ball, but so often did absolutely nothing with it. Is there really much of a difference between him and a guy like Jesus Navas.....not imo, yet one guy is hailed as an elite player in all of football and the other had to fight his way into his national team. Just looking at France, Malouda is playing better than him this year and its not really close.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Soccer thread...todays best april fools joke

Comment

Bayern's wing play is simply to much. Ribery is a beast and is really enjoyble to watch. Im new to soccer or futbol, but this guy is simply sick. Why is EVERYONE a fan of the top name teams? Props to WDN, for choosing a middle of the pack team in Aberdeen. I my self like Hearts in Scotland.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        Soccer thread...todays best april fools joke
                        I play soccer and watch soccer, so **** you.

But.... + rep because that was really funny lol.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                          I play soccer and watch soccer, so **** you.

But.... + rep because that was really funny lol.
                          Can you do this lol

Comment

Liverpool fan here as some of you will know... real disappointing season for us, but if we can salvage 4th place and win the Europa League (both tall orders), it wont be quite such a colossal fail. I could rant all day about Liverpool but it's a bit late

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I watched the Liverpool game last night, those benfica fans are crazy. They threw at least two flares on the pitch.

I think you'll beat them in the return leg.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information