No announcement yet.

PoKEMON THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started Crystal today. There are no pokemon at all that I want to train so I currently have a level 26 Croconaw after two gyms. I started training up a Geodude, but oh yeah I can't get a Golem. Then I picked up an Abra, but same thing.

Comment

• In the Sevii Islands in FireRed right now.

Lineup:
      lvl. 54 Blastoise
      lvl. 52 Exeggutor
      lvl. 52 Raichu
      lvl. 52 Rhydon
      lvl. 49 Flareon
      lvl. 31 Shellder (Cloyser-in-training)

Bench:
      lvl. 50 Dewgong
      lvl. 44 Pidgeot
      lvl. 42 Kadabra
      lvl. 50 Zapdos
      lvl. 50 Articuno
      lvl. 50 Moltres

Right now I'm feeling deep. If I can get that Cloyster going soon it'd be great. Shellder learns Ice Beam at Level 49, which is a royal pain in the ass, but it must be done. Starting my night, he was at Level 23 so I'm happy to have grinded out eight tonight but it's an uphill battle right now.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
        Page before talked about the hardest pokemon to beat in the game...Whitney's Miltank. Seriously took me 2 battles to beat her b/c she milk drank that thing to death. I was rollin with Ampharos and Quilava lvl 30.

So as they say, if you cant beat them, join them. Rockin a lvl 70 Miltank now
        Amen, I always used to have trouble with that Miltank. This time around I didn't dick around at all. Heracross + STABbed Brick Break = OHKO.

Milotic always was a pain to beat whenever I encountered it. I remember Surge's Raichu giving me a pain whenever I didn't take a Diglett with me and Sabrina was always a pain in R/B/Y because of the lack of useful Bug moves and the Ghosts being wiped out with Psybeam because of their Poison coupling.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
          Page before talked about the hardest pokemon to beat in the game...Whitney's Miltank. Seriously took me 2 battles to beat her b/c she milk drank that thing to death. I was rollin with Ampharos and Quilava lvl 30.

So as they say, if you cant beat them, join them. Rockin a lvl 70 Miltank now
          I'm not gonna diminish what you said because EVERYONE says that Miltank is tough, but I've never had trouble with it. I just beat her in HG/SS with the in-game trade Onix (my HM slave). I just used Rock Smash a few times. The only problem with Miltank is that it uses Attract if your pokemon is male.

The hardest gym leader I've ever faced was Pryce (the Ice leader in HG/SS). First of all my Pokemon were way underleveled because I didn't realize that Pryce was the 7th gym leader and I hadn't beat the 5th or 6th yet. 2nd of all he has a Piloswine that uses Hail and then just throws 100% accuracy Blizzards at you. Piloswine is Ice/Ground so it has no 4x weakness and it's a pretty good tank. I guess if you have Typhlosion he'd be easy but I took Chikorita->Meganium. Meganium is a waste of a slot because it's pure grass type and I never get to use it. I swapped it out for a Houndoom once I beat the Elite 4 the first time.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm having a dilemma....do I want Slowbro or Slowking? (If Slowking I'm just going to use a cheat once I get King's Rock since I can't actually trade him.)

Comment

• Is there a cheat that lets you evolve guys that need to be done via trade? Cause I couldnt get the other links posted to work. And Slowking is a beast.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                Is there a cheat that lets you evolve guys that need to be done via trade? Cause I couldnt get the other links posted to work. And Slowking is a beast.
                I'm just going to put in the Gameshark code that allows you to edit the Pokemon in your party.

I for some reason thought that you got Slowking by trading Slowbro with the King's Rock, but I just found out that isn't the case....so I needed to decide.

I was thinking Slowking too, just because I've never had one before.

Comment

• I found a Gameshark code which allows you to substitute any Pokemon in for the next wild Pokemon you encounter. Im gunna build my ultimate dream team and use them throughout the entire game. Im playing Silver via emulator. Any suggestions for awesome Pokemon?

- Gengar
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -

Lets fill up the slots!
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I R WINNAR!

wow that was actually pretty easy. getting Articuno was a good idea: one Blizzard from it beat Lance's Lvl 60 Dragonite with just one move. the weird thing was that I never used Nidoking...I think (I'm trying to remember if I used him once). My winning staff:

Raichu Lvl 53
                    Charizard Lvl 53
                    Kadabra Lvl 53
                    Lapras Lvl 53
                    Nidoking Lvl 52
                    Articuno Lvl 52

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• i think i'll teach someone blizzard just for Lance. gonna use my blastoise, mr. mime, jolteon, vileplume, nidoking and growlithe.

also, trying to be a real pokemon master I've caught 90 type of pokemon. go me!
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Well, I cant get the gameshark codes to work for Visual Boy Advance. Damn emulators. My dream team dream is ruined!

Comment

• Basically playing Silver I was very lazy in building my Pokemon up, and am now at the Elite 4 with all my pokemon at lvl 36 or below, except Lugia who is 40... yeesh this could take a while!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                            Basically playing Silver I was very lazy in building my Pokemon up, and am now at the Elite 4 with all my pokemon at lvl 36 or below, except Lugia who is 40... yeesh this could take a while!
                            haha. I am the same boat

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• yeah this is why this is my best team ever...I rolled in with all Pokemon but one at Lvl 52, the other at Lvl 51.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                Well, I cant get the gameshark codes to work for Visual Boy Advance. Damn emulators. My dream team dream is ruined!
                                I had trouble with it at first too, but I got it working. I don't have the link to the website I use here at work, or I'd just post the codes, but you have to make sure to input two of them to make any wild pokemon appear.

XXXXXXXXX - Code for the Pokemon
                                YYYYYYYYY - Code for the level of the Pokemon

Put them both in at the same time, on two seperate lines in the "cheat list" menu. Worked for me to catch a Houndour early in the game.

There's a different code that you enter pretty much the same way to change the Pokemon in your party to a different one too. I've had that one work but it's buggier, so I ended up not using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information