No announcement yet.

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got selected for Overwatch in CS:GO. This could be fun.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• About to hit the Confirm button for the rest of my PC parts. It's a tough button to press, I think I'll just close my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
        About to hit the Confirm button for the rest of my PC parts. It's a tough button to press, I think I'll just close my eyes.
        I waffled for days about buying a laptop. I didn't need per say but it will come in handy for work and the gaming ability will be great as well.

In the end I had the girlfriend make the decision and luckily she said buy it.

Comment

• Installing 3DMark so I can get a benchmark of my current system. It will be fun to compare the results when I put my new rig together next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
            I waffled for days about buying a laptop. I didn't need per say but it will come in handy for work and the gaming ability will be great as well.

In the end I had the girlfriend make the decision and luckily she said buy it.
            That's always that best kind of girl to have.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Wasn't there a site that helped you pick out parts for building a computer? I really have no idea what I'm getting into with that stuff. If I don't intend on getting into gaming too hardcore right now, but maybe later, what parts should I not spend much on and upgrade later?

Comment

• I was going to post this is the Video Game discussion thread too, but I thought this might be helpful for you WMD.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can.../1100-6418829/

It's very easy to build a solid PC for the price of a console.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Cool beans. I'll use this to help build a computer and then I'll steal all your **** in Day Z in like 3 months.

Comment

• My computer runs DayZ completely fine and was built years ago. Actually I really haven't found a game I couldn't play on decent settings.

You can do this for cheap WMD, especially if you're ok 'gaining' the OS instead of buying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                      You can do this for cheap WMD, especially if you're ok 'gaining' the OS instead of buying it.
                      Don't you work for the government? Are you trying to get me killed???

Comment

• I am a contractor! For the last time!

Comment

• Do you have access to a Microcenter? You can get a ridiculous value on the CPU & Motherboard - and possibly Memory there.

Basically, the best budget value CPU and GPU are the i3 4130 (~$115) and the GTX 750 TI (~$145).
                          Last edited by nepg; 04-21-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                            I am a contractor! For the last time!
                            same difference.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information