Cloning? Should we or should we not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WMD View Post
    I would like my own personal Gianna Michaels..
    That is part of the weirdness that I don't think humanity is ready to handle. Would clones be real people with rights, or just utility bodies for medicine/labor/sexual pleasure/etc? Governments or corporations determining personhood on any level seems like a terrible idea to me.

Comment

What sense could it possibly make to clone extinct animals? That completely violates the purpose of natural selection.

On that subject... you couldn't populate a species with clones unless you had a ton of DNA sources. There needs to be significant genetic variation within a species.

We do not have the infrastructure to handle dinosaurs. If Jurassic Park taught us anything it's that dinosaurs cannot be controlled. MADNESS I SAY! Jeff Goldblum isn't coming to save us.

Cloning is badass. But there's no reason to think that clones would be any different than twins... they could potentially have completely different personalities based on life experiences, and such.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Obviously Jurassic Park 3 taught us that dinosaurs can be contained if you just put them all on an island. The only problem would be pteradactyls, but then you just build a giant bird cage to hold them....wait...nevermind, because people leave the damn gate open so they escape...

Also, I would totally go to a Jurassic Park. If I was gonna die early, dying by dinosaur would be badass.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          i disagree that the ability to survive an asteroid collision suggests un-fitness.
          Well... the levels of oxygen in the atmosphere are currently insufficient to sustain a high number of extremely large land animals. So... they would have died eventually... or become much smaller... which is what happened.

well you could, they'd just all have freak-offspring. and you'd need to continue to clone the parents to keep the numbers up. it would, likely, be financially unsustainable.
          I'm not sure the financial stability is the most important consideration, but yes... very unstable. Granted... Jurassic Park was a complete financial failure as well. Good luck getting investors. Scoff.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
            Triceratops are for riding, not walking.
            Screw riding. I'm flying everywhere on my pterodactyl.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Well if this was trully like Jurassic Park, there would be no need to worry about breeding. The dinosaurs on the island were asexual because of the reptile DNA they used, so they could reproduce no matter what. That's what caused the problem in the first place...

Comment

Are you ******* serious? A mammoth? That's tight **** dude.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Now all we need is a mention of a Sabertooth Tiger and we have officially discussed every animal in the original Megazord.

Comment

forget animals. clone me a sex slave of scarlett johansson.
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I'd be down with cloning women for sex slaves.

Comment

actually i probably would be down with cloning sheep for sex slaves too.

but scarlett is my first choice
                        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Clone as much as you want. Why the hell not? Let's get real weird with it.
                          Tooooo funny!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

What's the worst that could happen?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I hate Jurrasic Park just because of those two kids. I was rooting for big T to eat them.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                                I'd be down with cloning women for sex slaves.
                                You don't have to clone women to be able to have them as sex slaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information