I Am Legend... Prequel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Legend... Prequel?

I have heard and read that there will be a prequel to I Am Legend, starring Will Smith..

I love the idea and concept of the movie. Does anyone know anything more and know if this is true or false?

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

This will probably get merged.

Anyways, I enjoyed the first one up until the dog died. Then it fell to pieces.
    Not sure why they need a prequel when almost all of the back story was given in this movie.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'm confused as to what the prequel could be about?

I do think a SEQUEL could be done. If you've read the book, if you take some creative twists you can make the first movie lead into the 2nd half of the book.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Not sure why they need a prequel when almost all of the back story was given in this movie.
        Dude, we have the exact same opinion.

The movie was oscar worthy up until the dog died, then it just fell apart. Not enough action after that, the ending sucked, and the overall sadness of the dog dying just distracts you from the movie alittle bit.

Anyway, does anyone have anymore information on if this is ACTUALLY going to be filmed for not?

Comment

Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Yep pretty much this. The first two thirds wasn't all that bad. Once the chick and child showed up tho it went to ****.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            Yep pretty much this. The first two thirds wasn't all that bad. Once the chick and child showed up tho it went to ****.
            Same thing happened with Hancock minus the child part. Maybe next Will Smith movie they make, halfway through the movie they should just call it a rap and release that...

Comment

book was way better than the movie, idk why so many critics loved it

Comment

Given how disappointing I am legend the movie was, I won't be seeing it if there is a prequel.

I laughed at the ending, but that is because I always imagined they brought the blood sample containing the antidote to this colony and no one there knew what to do with it or had the facilities to extract the antidote.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                  Given how disappointing I am legend the movie was, I won't be seeing it if there is a prequel.

I laughed at the ending, but that is because I always imagined they brought the blood sample containing the antidote to this colony and no one there knew what to do with it or had the facilities to extract the antidote.
                  I second this. It's a shame because it could have been an all-time, academy award type movie up until the dog died. I have no idea what they were thinking.

I didn't know Michael Vick was co-director...!!!! LOLZZZZZ

Anyway, everyone loves dogs so that just ruined it, then anna and ethan come and its just boring and the ending is epically bad.

But i will still ask, does anyone know if this is actually in development....?

Comment

The scene where he has to kill the dog in his arms is my single strongest memory of that movie. I actually liked it. I thought it was powerful, and I needed to see some kind of bad thing actually happen in the forward plot, not some flashback or suspense of the thought that it could.

And I own a German Shepherd...
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Smh.. I almost cried at that bro.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PREQUEL IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!?

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually enjoyed it.
                        I plan on reading the book too since everyone seems to think it was >>> than the movie
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

When I googled it I got a lot of "IAL sequel greenlit" stuff.

IMDB has something for it in 2013.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                            I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually enjoyed it.
                            I plan on reading the book too since everyone seems to think it was >>> than the movie
                            I liked it too. The first hour was epic, but after that I think it tailed off.

I really wish they thought of a better last half hour though, the lack of action and ending really prevented this movie from being a classic.

If there is a prequel, hopefully it lights hollywood on fire and brings back some credibilty to the first movie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              Smh.. I almost cried at that bro.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE PREQUEL IS ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!?
                              Crying is a good thing for me. ;)

And after googling it and clicking the 2nd thing that popped up, here's what Will Smith said after being asked:

Collider: Speaking of Robert Neville and I am Legend, there has been a lot talk about you possibly doing a prequel or sequel to that film. Could you tell us what it is and what excites you about going back to that character?

Will Smith: We have a fantastic prequel idea…we’re still trying to work through a couple of bumps in the story. It’s essentially the fall of the last city – the last stand of Manhattan. The movie would be…within the body of the movie D.C. and then Manhattan would fall as the last city. It’s a really cool idea trying to figure it out…there’s a reason why we have to take a small band and we have to get into D.C. So we have to make our way from New York to D.C. and then back to New York.

Question: Will the dog be back in it?

Will Smith: Yes, the dog will be a puppy.
                              This was in Dec. 2008. IMDB lists an "Untitled I Am Legend Prequel (2013)" in it's listings, and puts it as "in development," also.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information