• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poetry

does anyone write it or are u guys too manly to write it lol

Too manly...

stephenson86

Comment

I actually performed spoken word back in highschool, and planned to go college to major in english(creative writing). But I got bored with it.

Comment

i was in rapping poetics, well it was supposed to be poetry like the ones you hear in like cafes and **** but when we did concerts and stuff it was rap. and i was throwing it down

Comment

Pretty much too manly. I can only handle certain types of poetry. I detest the rest of it.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I'm taking a class in college on it now. Some of it is pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              Pretty much too manly. I can only handle certain types of poetry. I detest the rest of it.
              what types of poetry do u like

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                I'm taking a class in college on it now. Some of it is pretty interesting.
                Same. Like, learning how most of Shakespeare's love sonnets were written to men.

When I first saw this thread, I was seconds away from posting the lyrics to "Caress me down"...

Comment

Some contemporary poets Bob Holman, Saul Williams, Beau Sia and Taylo Mali, are some of the bets around check there stuff out.

Comment

Ehhh, it isn't that i don't like poetry...but i couldn't throw down if i tried.

Not really the artsy/creative wrighting type....but i can bang out one hell of a lab report!

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
                      Ehhh, it isn't that i don't like poetry...but i couldn't throw down if i tried.

Not really the artsy/creative wrighting type....but i can bang out one hell of a lab report!
                      Yeah, not such a great idea. Your johnson is the worst possible place to get a papercut... last time I let the stripper tell me what will be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        what types of poetry do u like
                        Epic. Although honestly, I haven't read many epics, but that seems to be what I would like the most.

Epics aren't always poetry, though, so that might mean I don't like any poetry (or very little).

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                          Yeah, not such a great idea. Your johnson is the worst possible place to get a papercut... last time I let the stripper tell me what will be fun.

Ok, now we are trying a little to hard to be Mr. Funny.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Writing that is based around being vague seems counter-productive to me.

Comment

I like the poetic qualities in hip hop, so I guess I should get into it more. Some of it is too discreate for me to like and I hate the romantic stuff. I wouldn't know where to start if I was to write it. I'm not creative in the slightest.
                              Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                              #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information