Who's the AL ROY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    I cannot believe Weaver has more votes than Verlander.
    Not anymore.

Papelbon closes games. Unless he saves 55 games, I don't see him having much of a chance against Verlander or Liriano. No clue why Weaver is on this poll by the way. Right now, it is neck and neck with Verlander and Liriano, but I just have a feeling that Liriano will sleep a tad bit because I don't think Minnesota is going to continue the way they have been playing.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If there were two rookie awards (pitching and offense), then who would the offensive award go to? Kenji Johjima? Or would they go all Matsui on him, and not count him as a rookie. Or how about Melky Cabrera ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur
        I cannot believe Weaver has more votes than Verlander.
        Not anymore.

Papelbon closes games. Unless he saves 55 games, I don't see him having much of a chance against Verlander or Liriano. No clue why Weaver is on this poll by the way. Right now, it is neck and neck with Verlander and Liriano, but I just have a feeling that Liriano will sleep a tad bit because I don't think Minnesota is going to continue the way they have been playing.
        I feel the same exact way. If Minnesota falters towards the end of the season, Verlander wins, but if we continue with this hot play and stay in contention, Liriano could very well win.
        SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804
          If there were two rookie awards (pitching and offense), then who would the offensive award go to? Kenji Johjima? Or would they go all Matsui on him, and not count him as a rookie. Or how about Melky Cabrera ?
          Those are the only options? :?

Comment

Johjima has decent offensive stats, but he has been calling horrible games for the Mariners. Hell, no pitcher has under a 4.19 ERA on the team. And Melky doesn't deserve the Gold Glove(I keep telling you this).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
              (To get this out of the way -- by offensive I meant non-pitching...)

No those aren't the only options, just two I offered.

AL Rookies

Comment

Why only pitchers for the poll?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Buc
                  Why only pitchers for the poll?
                  Have you seen the AL rookie batters?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

AL Rookies
                    wow not that much PT for offensive rookies in the AL this year. Johjima has the best offensive numbers but like brodeur said he has been terrible at calling games this year so i would have to go with cabrera.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur
                      Johjima has decent offensive stats, but he has been calling horrible games for the Mariners. Hell, no pitcher has under a 4.19 ERA on the team. And Melky doesn't deserve the Gold Glove(I keep telling you this).
                      Everyone keeps telling me this. Either way, I don't mind a 1000 fielding % and a league leading (actually a 3-way tie) 9 outfield assists --- in limited time.

Comment

Liriano if the Twins make the playoffs. If not, Papelbon.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Col
                          Liriano if the Twins make the playoffs. If not, Papelbon.
                          I agree

Comment

this will get locked soon but im gonna say papelbon b/c the red sox wouldn't be close to where they are without him.
                            It's not getting locked.
                            good to know. if djp was on (which he never is) it would be.
                            Well, he is no longer an off-topic mod.
                            whyd they change the forums that the mods have? and why is Xio a mod?

Comment

Papelbon as of right now. Verlander would be my second choice.

BoneKrusher

Comment

AL Rookies
                                Hmmm I thought Granderson was a rookie, he must have played enough games last season to lose that title for this year. He has better numbers than these rookies, .284 11HR 47RBI 7SB 63R and 0 errors with a 100% fielding percentage out in center.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information