Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      (12/t) + t = 8
      12 + (t^2) = 8t
      (t^2) - 8t + 12 = 0
      then solve
      (t - 2) (t - 6) = 0
      so t is 2 or 6
      Lol ok yeah. Got that right before you posted this. Thanks.

One more?

10 + ----- 2n-5 = 2n+5
      n^2-1 ----- n-1 -- n+1

I apologize. I'm sure this is easy as well. I know I have to get the LCD.
      Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I assume this is meant to be (10/(n^2)-1) + ((2n-5)/(n-1)) = (2n + 5) / (n+1)

You need to rearrange n^2 - 1 to (n-1)(n+1), then multiply through the whole thing by (n - 1) and then (n + 1), once you have multiplied through you should have:

10 + (2n-5)(n+1) = (2n+5)(n-1)

multiply out the brackets and rearrange until you get an equation in the form a^2n + bn + c = 0, then solve.
        Last edited by UKfan; 02-04-2009, 12:51 PM.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
          I assume this is meant to be (10/(n^2)-1) + ((2n-5)/(n-1)) = (2n + 5) / (n+1)

You need to rearrange n^2 - 1 to (n-1)(n+1), then multiply through the whole thing by (n - 1) and then (n + 1), rearrange until you get an equation in the form a^2n + bn + c = 0 then solve like before, I don't have a pen and paper handy to solve right now but hope that helps.
          It does. The rearrangement is what was throwing me off.

Thanks.
          Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Brits may beat us in mathematical skill, but at least we don't have massive overbites. =P

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I got it! YES!

Took forever.
              Virginia Tech.

Comment

• How to factor x^2 - 2x?

Like I said, not my best mathmatical day.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  How to factor x^2 - 2x?

Like I said, not my best mathmatical day.
                  x(x-2)

i believe that's what you're looking for

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Err. Wow.

Thank you.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      Brits may beat us in mathematical skill, but at least we don't have massive overbites. =P
                      Woooo! Go overbites!

Actually I did my degree in maths, was cool to see I still remember somethings haha.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I have an English exercise which is an all or nothing grade. All I have to do is write 4 lines of dialogue between two people. I have to get it 100% correct in order to get the "E" grade(Excellent). So is this 100% perfect, and no comma, parentheses, periods, punctuation wrong? Thanks a ton. +Rep to whoever helps thanks. Here is the Dialogue:
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        “Man, it’s really hot in here,” I said.

He grinned and said, “Wait ‘till you walk into the pressing room.”

“Oh really,”

“Yeah, really.” he said as he wiped the sweat off his brow.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Is this perfect?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                          I have an English exercise which is an all or nothing grade. All I have to do is write 4 lines of dialogue between two people. I have to get it 100% correct in order to get the "E" grade(Excellent). So is this 100% perfect, and no comma, parentheses, periods, punctuation wrong? Thanks a ton. +Rep to whoever helps thanks. Here is the Dialogue:
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, really,” he said as he wiped the sweat off his brow.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Is this perfect?
                          made a few adjustments....can't guarantee 100% correct

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I have an English exercise which is an all or nothing grade. All I have to do is write 4 lines of dialogue between two people. I have to get it 100% correct in order to get the "E" grade(Excellent). So is this 100% perfect, and no comma, parentheses, periods, punctuation wrong? Thanks a ton. +Rep to whoever helps thanks. Here is the Dialogue:

“Oh really,”

Is this perfect?
                            Grammar is my worst subject, but 'Oh really' I think has a period due to it being purely dialogue.

And then yeah really should hae a comma, not a period.

It is my worse subject. So I may be wrong.

I probably seem pretty unintelligent in this thread. Oh well. I'm not (unintelligent that is).
                            Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              made a few adjustments....can't guarantee 100% correct
                              I also think those are correct.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

“Oh really,”

Is this perfect?
                                Instead of saying "Oh really", you have to put a ? after the really since it's a question.

No rep needed.

That's all I answered since the other two guys got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information