X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tupac will always be the best rapper/performer

no one was even on his level and still not

:!:
    I need to get friends signed up on Lockerz.com to get more points. Costs you nothing. PM me email addy for invite.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation420

There are many people above his level though.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff

I guess it depends on what you like.

Comment

i just heard the cd, its ok, and biggie is a better than pac.

not to be off topic: but any body hear jay z's diss on jim jones Brooklyn high,
          BROOKLYN

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
            Originally posted by DChess
            isnt he dead?

his music before he died was so much better, now its just studio edited.
            It's mostly unreleased tracks that are remixed and then they'll guest feature other artists occasionally. I didn't like how they edited what he was saying in the 'Loyal to the Game' CD but some of his other after-death CDs have been good.
            im excited, hes got true flow

Comment

tupacs ressurection was pretty nasty, but this cd i think is nothing comprared to it,

Comment

Tupac is severely overrated, especially by people who don't seek out anything other than what's on MTV/BET/radio.

And all this crap about Tupac being not just a rapper, but a poet pisses me off. No **** he's a poet, rap is a form of poetry. It's like saying, "Not only is he a chef, but he's a cook too!" Even before he got his "Rose that grew from concrete" published, he was a poet. Same way 50 Cent is a poet (albeit a crappy one, but whatever), same way Talib Kweli's a poet, etc.

Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Creek Lewis

Tupac is severely overrated, especially by people who don't seek out anything other than what's on MTV/BET/radio.

And all this crap about Tupac being not just a rapper, but a poet pisses me off. No *********** he's a poet, rap is a form of poetry. It's like saying, "Not only is he a chef, but he's a cook too!" Even before he got his "Rose that grew from concrete" published, he was a poet. Same way 50 Cent is a poet (albeit a crappy one, but whatever), same way Talib Kweli's a poet, etc.
                  '

Tupac is considered a poet because he writes tradional poetry. Your average rapper probably doesn't. In fact, there is a course in a university dedicated solely to Tupac's poetry.

You can't really argue that one rapper is "better" than another because it's all personal preference. If you look at sales, critique, and overall fan appreciation though, I think you would be hard pressed to find a "better" rapper than Tupac.

Comment

Ugh. Pac is just on another level intellectually than the rappers these days. I think he would be sick to see guys like Joc and Ross make so much dough.

Yeah, he had a bunch of terrible songs but man, he sure did have some incredible ones as well. Krazy? Thugz Mansion? Come on. Dude was redic. I like Biggie but he wasn't on the same planet.

Comment

Re: New 2Pac CD

Originally posted by Greg Behrendt
                      2Pac's newest CD is going to drop November 11th. I can't wait until this album drops.
                      I feel for the confused white suburbian youths. Seriously.
                      I use that term also :?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Tupac's good but he's overrated. His death immortalized his songs so people still talk about them. I really like some of his songs like Changes, Thugz Mansion, All eyes on me, and Krazy, but I'd take Snoop Dogg over him any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06
                          Tupac's good but he's overrated. His death immortalized his songs so people still talk about them. I really like some of his songs like Changes, Thugz Mansion, All eyes on me, and Krazy, but I'd take Snoop Dogg over him any day of the week.
                          Wow, that's one rapper that people rarely say is better than 2Pac.

Comment

Obviously who's the best is all subjective, it depends on what you like. Snoop Dogg's put out just as many awesome songs, if not more. In fact most casual rap fans I know say that their favorite rap song is the next episode. He put out tons of great songs of which many were extremely popular- 187 on an undercover cop, Gin and Juice, ain't nothing but a G thang, the next episode, and drop it like it's hot just to name a few. One thing I've never liked about 2pac is that he's a bit one dimensional, quite a few of his songs aren't all that different from each other and when he tries singing, IMO it's not a great sound.

Comment

Obviously who's the best is all subjective, it depends on what you like. Snoop Dogg's put out just as many awesome songs, if not more. In fact most casual rap fans I know say that their favorite rap song is the next episode. He put out tons of great songs of which many were extremely popular- 187 on an undercover cop, Gin and Juice, ain't nothing but a G thang, the next episode, and drop it like it's hot just to name a few. One thing I've never liked about 2pac is that he's a bit one dimensional, quite a few of his songs aren't all that different from each other and when he tries singing, IMO it's not a great sound.
                              Since when is Drop It Like It's Hot a rap song? :shock: I didn't mind Snoop Dogg back when he was Deathrow but he seems to have changed his music quite a bit since then.

Comment

Andre Nickatina>Tupac.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information