Worst World Series champion ever.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst World Series champion ever.

What team is the worst (least talented World Series Champion ever)?

My vote would be the 1988 LA Dodgers. Despite Kirk Gibson being named the MVP, no one had tripple digits RBI's despite this time being the beginning of the home run explosion era. No one other than Orel Hershiser on this team was even thought of as a Hall of Fame candidate.

At least the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals was more balanced and have one of the best players (Albert Pujols) in the game on their team.

The funny thing is that knowone cares about this. ESPN is barely covering it and nobody is talking. I find it hilarious because I hate the Cardinals. Hahaha LMAO....They win the World Series and nobody could give a rats ass besides Cardinal fans.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Atleast people cared about the 88' Dodgers and everyone remembers Gibson's homer. There is nothing from this World Series that you can take away and will be remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
        Atleast people cared about the 88' Dodgers and everyone remembers Gibson's homer. There is nothing from this World Series that you can take away and will be remembered.
        other than the fact that the cardinals shouldn't have made the playoffs... let alone win the world series? no.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

If the Tigers would of won the World Series all you would hear about would be the Tigers and there improbable run to the Championship. The Cardinals win and I havent seen anything on espn, or any other station about there victory. I hate the Cardinals, you can tell by there Senior Citizen fan base nobody gives a rats ass about the organization outside of St. Louis.

Comment

That was because the Dodgers weren't supposed to win that series. The A's were supposed to be the far better team and just sweep through. Especially with Dennis Eckersley as the closer. And yet the best closer in the league lost a game for them. That's what makes the Gibson home run memorable.

Contrast that with this year's World Series, and the only news-worthy sotry that many people see is Kenny Rogers and the "gunk" on his hand. The Tigers really shouldn't have been there either.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Who cares whose the worst? Atleast a stupid east coast team didn't win it.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, that was a pretty bad series...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yes, I remember the exact team of 1988 and better yet of 1906

Comment

Kind of like the Steelers

I found out they won a day after they actually did. Thats how much everyone cared.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                      other than the fact that the cardinals shouldn't have made the playoffs... let alone win the world series? no.
                      So, the Cardinals shouldn't have made the playoffs? Well then who do you propose should have made the playoffs out of the NL Central. Last time I checked there is a champion from every division, and last time I checked baseball plays 162 games to determine who makes the playoffs. They shouldn't have won the World Series? Well then who should have won the World Series? There is a reason they play the games people, games aren't won on paper. The Cardinals were severely underestimated because no one seemed to take into account that Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Eckstein, Carpenter, Mulder, and Isringhausen all missed a substantial amount of time. Name me a team that wouldn't struggle when they lose their 1B, CF, 3B, SS, top two starters, and closer. I really don't care about how the rest of the nation feels about the World Series, championships are settled on the field and the Cardinals won the World Series on the field, not on paper. On paper, the New England Patriots shouldn't have beaten the Rams in the 2001 Super Bowl, the 1980 US Olympic hockey team shouldn't have beaten the Russians, the Detroit Pistons shouldn't have beaten the mighty Lakers. Games and championships are settled on the field, nobody gives a rats ass who should have won according to paper.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

who cares who is the worst.. they were the best that season, and thats why they won the world series

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin
                          who cares who is the worst.. they were the best that season, and thats why they won the world series
                          Thank you, someone with some common sense.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman
                            Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                            So, the Cardinals shouldn't have made the playoffs? Well then who do you propose should have made the playoffs out of the NL Central. Last time I checked there is a champion from every division, and last time I checked baseball plays 162 games to determine who makes the playoffs. They shouldn't have won the World Series? Well then who should have won the World Series? There is a reason they play the games people, games aren't won on paper. The Cardinals were severely underestimated because no one seemed to take into account that Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Eckstein, Carpenter, Mulder, and Isringhausen all missed a substantial amount of time. Name me a team that wouldn't struggle when they lose their 1B, CF, 3B, SS, top two starters, and closer. I really don't care about how the rest of the nation feels about the World Series, championships are settled on the field and the Cardinals won the World Series on the field, not on paper. On paper, the New England Patriots shouldn't have beaten the Rams in the 2001 Super Bowl, the 1980 US Olympic hockey team shouldn't have beaten the Russians, the Detroit Pistons shouldn't have beaten the mighty Lakers. Games and championships are settled on the field, nobody gives a rats ass who should have won according to paper.
                            the only team from the national league that deserved to make the playoffs was the mets...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman
                              Originally posted by jkpigskin
                              Thank you, someone with some common sense.
                              Speaking of common sense, remember when you said the Rams and Arizona were better than the Bears and the Vikings? I do.

By the way, I'll probably never let you forget that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information