No announcement yet.

Professional Wrestling Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If youre talking about the recent Mark Henry situation, then that was just a case of Henry not knowing Hayes. Booker did an interview about a week ago saying Hayes has always 'thought he was black' and no one who knew him ever considered anything he did to be offensive, because he wasnt doing it to be mean.

Hayes was the SD Head Writer when Booker had the best World Title reign of his career, and arguably the best world title reign in recent memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
      This should be great news for DH Smith as he wasn't being used on Raw at all and he could potentially be one of the biggest stars on Smackdown in a year or two. Of course thats contingent on them actually featuring him prominently. It should be good for Shelton too as long as Michael Hayes doesn't become the head booker of Smackdown. As long as they give these guys the ball and let them run with it I'm sure they'll get over if not with the mic then just with their work in the ring.
      hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahah

Ohhh boy.. that'll never, ever, ever, EVER happen.

Comment

• If theres anything the WWE doesnt let its guys do anymore, its let them take the ball and run with it while being themselves. Every little thing is so scripted now.

Comment

• I know it's as the late great Gorilla Monsoon would say highly unlikely but a guy can dream right lol?! I was just saying I don't think they're really lacking anything and the only thing holding them back is the bookers/decision makers. If you look throughout wrestling history old and recent stars basically became stars not because of any script tv writers but because they were given the ball and allowed to succeed or fail on their own. I know the business has changed a lot since then but that's always going to be the best way to create new stars. Even though it's pro wrestling and it's a work it's really stupid to script everything as the best angles and matches are always going to be the ones that are realistic and believable.

Comment

• Where the **** is the Boogeyman?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Where the **** is the Boogeyman?
              Probably somewhere hanging out with Bastion Booger, the Red Rooster and..... I dunno, the Shockmaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Probably somewhere hanging out with Bastion Booger, the Red Rooster and..... I dunno, the Shockmaster.
                Don't forget Doink now........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I know it's as the late great Gorilla Monsoon would say highly unlikely but a guy can dream right lol?! I was just saying I don't think they're really lacking anything and the only thing holding them back is the bookers/decision makers. If you look throughout wrestling history old and recent stars basically became stars not because of any script tv writers but because they were given the ball and allowed to succeed or fail on their own. I know the business has changed a lot since then but that's always going to be the best way to create new stars. Even though it's pro wrestling and it's a work it's really stupid to script everything as the best angles and matches are always going to be the ones that are realistic and believable.
                  Yeah, I agree.. Everything is just so heavily scripted these days. Wrestlers aren't allowed to get their actual personalities involved in their character because their interviews and promos are 100% scripted.

Or the writers just do something completely idiotic and do something like making a very talented wrestler play the character of a mentally challenged person. What a travesty that was, Nick Dinsmore went from "Mr. Wrestling" to Eugene.

Comment

• Have any of y'all been to a WWE show recently like in the last 2 years? I'm curious about the rules as far as flash cameras or cell phone cameras and how big the merchandise stands are?

Comment

Have any of y'all been to a WWE show recently like in the last 2 years? I'm curious about the rules as far as flash cameras or cell phone cameras and how big the merchandise stands are?

Went to Backlash this year. Cameras were cool as long as they weren't professional and nobody cared about cell phones. The merch stands were pretty decent, but since it was a PPV the items were pretty much based on the higher end matches.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        Went to Backlash this year. Cameras were cool as long as they weren't professional and nobody cared about cell phones. The merch stands were pretty decent, but since it was a PPV the items were pretty much based on the higher end matches.
                        Thanks, I haven't been to a show since 2000 so I don't quite know what to expect. The mark in me is pretty excited just because it's a PPV and before I've only been to Raws Smackdowns Nitros and one ECW show which I believe was a house show.

Comment

Thanks, I haven't been to a show since 2000 so I don't quite know what to expect. The mark in me is pretty excited just because it's a PPV and before I've only been to Raws Smackdowns Nitros and one ECW show which I believe was a house show.

I was really excited to see Backlash since it was a PPV and of course it was the first PPV after Mania. I got to see Kane retain, the Taker retain, and Trips win his 12th title. That in and of it self is awesome, I mean HHH has only won the title on 12 seperate occasions and I can honestly say I was there for # 12.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Great way to start Smackdown with HHH and Edge with dueling promos. Yeah tipping a feud between them is obvious but still for the first time in a long time I'm excited and actually watching Smackdown as opposed to just flipping channels. Again they show that the brand splits are worthless with Batista showing up and spearing Edge, and matches involving Batista/Umaga and Edge/Matt Hardy but still it looks like the Draft has at least worked in resparking my interest in Smackdown.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• I went to see cm punk at walmart today in rockwall near dallas and it's not like we left real late but when we got there there mustve been about 2000 people in line and we were turned away from getting autographs. but i did take a couple pics of him with my phone and with a digital camera, not sure how well they came out. the signing was from 1-3 ct and we got there about 1 but apparently people had been in line since 7 am lol. i really just underestimated the popularity of punk and wrestling in general. i wasnt really dissapointed though as im not a mark for autographs. im going to noc tomorrow with my brother.

Comment

• You shouldn't have been surprised, the Rockwall-Rowlett-Mesquite-Garland area has a ton of wrestling fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information