• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey hey HEY! No passing over the huge COLT CABANA TO WWE news! :D

Colt.

Colt w/ CM Punk as Tag champs

Colt Cabana in a twinkie suit.

Comment

• So what's Colt's move? WWE or TNA or overseas?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Huh?

He signed with WWE, meaning he'll probably be in OVW for a bit before coming up to one of the three mains.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          Huh?

He signed with WWE
          Thank you sir I was unaware of his signing. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NmemjjnMTA Some australian kid posted the whold Wrestlemania here is Umaga vs Lashley

Jags:8-8
            Duke B-Ball:22-10
            Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
            4/16/07 R.I.P VT
            sig by jackalope

Comment

• Just go to Dailymotion.com, all the wrestlemania videos are there, and numerous other events.

Comment

• Random contemplation on Backlash:

On paper, this looks boring.

Tag belts - Not going to switch so quick. So whoever the Hardy's face, such as TWGTT (or whatever they are called, or whoever else is out there), probably isn't going to win.

Intercontinental - This is really a lost belt. Who has it? Do they even know or care? And they are going to build up credible heat for that belt this quick after basically forgetting about it. I think Umaga has it, and I think they need him to drop it to move him on to other areas, but I think they'll probably revisit Umaga vs. Lashley. Although ... that might not be a bad thing. Have Umaga beat Lashley to take the ECW title, and forfeit the Intercontinental, and spend a few post-Backlash weeks building up a tourny to draw some roles in, and tourny's always allow for the potential face/heel switches.

Whatever the title Cena has is called (World Championship? World Heavywieight? whatever) - It's looking like Cena vs. Michaels, with the likelihodd being Cena winning. Actually, I think it'd be a nice way to start a Cena heel turn if they have Michaels win, but I don't see it. If Michaels win, Cena can come out, hear the boos, and then just say screw you to everyone at the end of the show.

Was randomly contemplating this, but maybe they should go with a three way (Orton/michaels/Cena), have Orton win the title in a fluke, and let Orton/Edge have their controversy out right now until Summerslam. Edge is probably out until post-Backlash, allowing him to come back at that point. They can spend another month on a final Michaels/Cena duel, before moving everyone else on. TOo bad HHH won't let Michaels go to Smackdown, or whatever the arrangement is, as Michaels could really help out some of the green talent there.

The Taker Belt (whatever it's called) - I'll be surprised if it isn't a Taker/Batista redux. They aren't going to put on a better match then they did at Wrestlemania, though.

Probably see Carlito/Flair in some roles after getting jobbed, some useless matches involving, dunno, guys like Nitro/Masters/MVP or whatever. Actually ... hmm ... I'd like to see them go Monty Brown vs. CM Punk from ECW. I think that'd be a great combo for athleticism.

Btw, while I don't like HHH or Jeff Jarrett, at least HHH married into the family. Jarrett's not that good at all ... and I'm not sure he'd get all these chances if his pops wasn't Jerry Jarrett. Samoa Joe really doesn't get enough of a push in TNA. The only reason I'd like to see Jericho in TNA is to see Jericho vs. Styles, which I think could make a lot of money.

As you can see, I'm a bit bored today.

Comment

• Ahhh, wrestling.

I watched WWF religiously from 1990 to right about 2001. Never missed an episode of Raw until '01. I've turned it on occasionally every now and then for the past few years, but it's clearly been in a state of decadence.

IMO, pro wrestling reached it's pinnacle in the mid to late-90's. The WWF-WCW ratings war was at it's peak and both promotions were putting together quality products. The NWO, DX, the Stone Cold - McMahon feud, etc. It was definitely the golden era for the business.

Regardless of what adolescent fan boys will say, pro wrestling has been in a steady decline since the start of the decade. For those of you who grew up as fans from the late 80's through the 90's, you know what I'm talking about.

I guess once you reach the college ago though, this kind of product just loses all appeal. Oh well, it gave me entertaining for over a decade. I can't complain.

Comment

• Some Backlash predictions of mine;

WWE Title
                    Fatal 4-Way Match
                    John Cena [c] vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge

Womens Title
                    Melina [c] vs. Mickie James

World Heavyweight Title
                    The Undertaker [c] vs. King Booker

World Tag Team Titles
                    The Hardy Boyz [c] vs. Ric Flair & Carlito

ECW Title
                    Bobby Lashley [c] vs. Snitsky

Extreme Rules
                    The ECW Originals (RVD, Sabu, Dreamer, Sabu) vs. The New Breed (Burke, Cor Von, Thorn, Striker)

- Id think they would involve Kennedy somehow.

- I would also think theyd add Umaga defending the IC title against someone.. but i mean, who?

- They will probably save the Benoit/MVP rematch for Judgment day (SD PPV).

- Batista vs. Finlay is possible, i guess. I could see a WM rematch, but id really rather not. (I loathe Batista)

- Id love for Punk to be on the card, and Id love a Cor Von/Punk feud, but I cant really see it happening, as the New Breed is trying to recruit punk, but that can always change in the next few weeks. Hell, it might tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
                      Ahhh, wrestling.

I watched WWF religiously from 1990 to right about 2001. Never missed an episode of Raw until '01. I've turned it on occasionally every now and then for the past few years, but it's clearly been in a state of decadence.

IMO, pro wrestling reached it's pinnacle in the mid to late-90's. The WWF-WCW ratings war was at it's peak and both promotions were putting together quality products. The NWO, DX, the Stone Cold - McMahon feud, etc. It was definitely the golden era for the business.

Regardless of what adolescent fan boys will say, pro wrestling has been in a steady decline since the start of the decade. For those of you who grew up as fans from the late 80's through the 90's, you know what I'm talking about.

I guess once you reach the college ago though, this kind of product just loses all appeal. Oh well, it gave me entertaining for over a decade. I can't complain.
                      I actually haven't watched a single wrestling show in ... hmm ... 8 years maybe. Last one I followed was in high school I think. I follow it online though, sort of a thing to look at when I get bored.

Comment

• Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
                        Ahhh, wrestling.

very true. you poor young children have no idea what wrestling is.

did you know wrestling existed before wrestlemania I? lol. If you can find anything from 1984 wwf get it. it will make you appreciate professional wrestling, and loathe this crap you see on tv today.

I actually watched my first RAW since, probably they were still called WWF, and I was appalled to see that they still use the same BORING format as 10 years ago. I think the formula still goes something like...

Show starts
                        Heel comes out to the ring; talks a little.
                        Face comes out to a big cheer, and talks about the heel.
                        Banter back and forth a bit.
                        one guy offers a challenge conveniently for "any place, any time"
                        other guy suggests "tonight, in this very ring"
                        Crowd goes crazy, as the wrestlers look to start the match.
                        Music of some Bad Guy authority figure (McMahon, Bischoff, Coach etc)
                        That guy promptly halts the impromptu match, crowd gets pissed.
                        Instead of that, he sets up 3 or 4 other matches for the night.

Come on that is so old and tired. they have been doing that for too long. why not start the show with a good match, then do all that crap. or how about this.. SCHEDULE MATCHES AHEAD OF TIME, SO PEOPLE HAVE THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO! wrestling really stinks nowadays, but I have a rather large wrestling library, so it keeps me interested.
                        I'm Charles Rogers. I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns

Comment

• Simply because we comment on todays wrestling does not mean that we have no clue about the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                            Simply because we comment on todays wrestling does not mean that we have no clue about the past.
                            Very true, anybody else think Ken Kennedy gives off a "I would've been badass in the Attitude Era" vibe that few other current wrestlers do?
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Nor can we do much to change it so why is it necessary for you to attempt to belittle us for accepting what we got and finding it still entertaining?

Besides the past isn't exactly gone, Ric Flair is still here. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• oh I don't mean any disrespect.. please don't take it as such.

the point I was trying to make is, I haven't watched any wrestling for 5+years, and to watch it today, and seeing that things haven't changed very much at all. it's sad, because every time I get excited, and think that they may have something going to draw this lifelong fan back in, vincent k mcmahon has to ruin it for me. He seems to never give the wrestling fan what they want. It seems like he misses a lot more than he hits these days.

thats all I meant. I didn't mean to offend anyone that enjoys todays product, just stating that I think professional wrestling 84-2000>>>>>>2001-Present.
                                I'm Charles Rogers. I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information