No announcement yet.

What's In Your CD Player - a.k.a. The Music Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because of my affinity for Office Space, this is the only rap song I'll listen to:

Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta ~Geto Boyz

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• haha such a great song and even better movie

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Dropkick Murphys- The Warrior's Code

bonekrusher on the sig magic
        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

• Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
          Dropkick Murphys- The Warrior's Code
          There Having a free concert at Lafayette Square in Downtown Buffalo right now.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Blue Oyster Cult - Cities On Flame with Rock and Roll

Comment

• One of the most underrated albums of all-time!!
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain View Post
                velvet snow.. is a way cool song. Are manchester orchestra opening for KoL? If so, they're awesome.... great opener, great band.
                No Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is opening.
                Originally posted by nvot9
                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                  Actual musical talent > Talking with a beat in the background.

Obviously it's not all rap, but in general.
                  You are aware the **** you hear on the radio and on MTV, from which I'm guessing your making your generalization from, is far from the epitome or the of majority hip-hop right? If you don't like the music that is fine, but why say it's just "talking over a beat", when you obviously know very little about it. Just because the artist is not a musicians in the general or classical sense , doesn't take away from the talent that some of these guys have. It is more then "drop it's like it's hot" or "Baaallliin" or whatever cliche you want to throw in there.

I just don't get how some rap fans criticize rock, and rock/metal fans criticize rap, when they are obviously ignorant of the genre. I'm not at all a fan of Metal, but I'm not going to make a generalized statement like "Metal is full of talentless hacks, making incoherent noise", just because I don't like it. It wouldn't be a fair assessment.

There is a middle ground to all of this, where we can meet, where there is one absolute truth. And that is...Nickelback sucks.

Comment

• sweetest girl- wyclef, akon, and lil wayne,not that much into mainstream rap but this songs great

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                      There Having a free concert at Lafayette Square in Downtown Buffalo right now.
                      thats was teh only concert i have ever been to... it was pretty good actaully i enjoyed it... some guy tried to fight me... i hate when that happens

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• you know, ballin isnt just makin money, it was a cult hit first on M.O.B. (Members of Byrdgang) and isnt just something to hit markets and saturate it, its a slogin and way that byrdgang roll, remember hes part of a group that also includes Juelz Santana. My favorite song is Ya Dig, with Jim Jones and Stack Bundlez(RIP). **** they do isnt just for money, its a lifestyle that gets them killed, haterz

Squad Up

Comment

• Jay-z Pharell -Blue Magic
                          Go check it out....

Comment

• Royce Da 5'9": Politics

Comment

• Johnny Cash - Walk the line

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Kashmire - Led

Comment