College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    How exactly do you plan Marquette/MSU is going to stop the ultra-talented UNC frontcourt? Not to mention stop Lawson too.
    Guard play wins your tournament games. Dominic James is just as quick as Ty Lawson and more polished as a PG.

Paul

New York Giants
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks (unfortunately)
    UConn Basketball
    Virginia Tech Football
    UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
      Thank you. I feel I'm the only one, all my friends are like UNC is gonna win it all. I don't thiink Hansborough is the same player with the mask and their inexperience will kill them when they play an experienced team.
      Not an expiranced team? Who cares? Do you remember the Team Roy won with in 2005? I think 6 or 7 of the players were underclassmen, and they still won it. ABout Hansborough, I agree 100% that he may not be the same with the Mask( thank you henderson), but if he is everyone better watch out. Also, remember this is comming from a Duke fan too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Guard play wins your tournament games. Dominic James is just as quick as Ty Lawson and more polished as a PG.
        Maybe on the offensive side of the ball..Lawson will break Jame's ankles all day.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

Comment

James-McNeal-Mathews is one of the top gaurd trios in the country but I don't have them beating UNC.

Comment

• I'm as happy as I could be for overachieving UVA's draw. Higher seed than I thought as well.

Early final four (I'll flesh through it a bit more and come up with picks again later):

Florida vs. Pittsburgh
            Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

with the final being

Georgetown over Florida.

But that's early and I'll think over it some more.

Comment

• Pittsburgh Toon?

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3 View Post
                Pittsburgh Toon?
                I think Pitt will knock off UCLA, Kansas, I don't know, still debating.

Aaron Gray can manhandle Lorenzo Mata, that's the big factor in my eye.

Paul

New York Giants
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                UConn Basketball
                Virginia Tech Football
                UConn Football

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  Dream Final 4: UNC - Michigan - Arizona - Buffalo

Predicted Final 4: UNC - Pitt - Florida - Texas A&M
                  This post is from November 14. With the brackets the way they are, it is still possible. I believe!

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                    I'm as happy as I could be for overachieving UVA's draw. Higher seed than I thought as well.

Early final four (I'll flesh through it a bit more and come up with picks again later):

Florida vs. Pittsburgh
                    Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

with the final being

Georgetown over Florida.

But that's early and I'll think over it some more.
                    Pitt? Really?

Here's my final 4.... Kansas vs Maryland
                    Georgetown vs. Texas A&M

final Kansas vs. Texas A&M. Kansas wins.

they get smoked.

Comment

• I just think Maryland is too inconsistent to beat Florida, particularly, in the backcourt.

Dunno, Kansas seems to have such a clear path ... but I'm just not a big fan of that squad for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me that, if VA Tech and So. Illinois both win, the winner of that game gets into the elite 8.

I'm not a huge fan of UCLA. Very good team and very beatable. I think Pittsburgh can handle Wright State, but Duke should give them a scare. As much as I like Duke ... and while they do have a lot of raw talent and getting back Gerald Henderson will help big time, I'm just not sold that they can do it. But ... to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me that, if Duke is playing consistently (and in particular, Paulus) that Duke makes a surprise run there. McRoberts played real well down the stretch, and Henderson was emerging, with Paulus getting more consistent. But it's hard ... as that team was so up and down at times, and a veteran team like Pitt, dunno.

That said, those are my early picks.

Comment

I just think Maryland is too inconsistent to beat Florida, particularly, in the backcourt.

Dunno, Kansas seems to have such a clear path ... but I'm just not a big fan of that squad for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me that, if VA Tech and So. Illinois both win, the winner of that game gets into the elite 8.

I'm not a huge fan of UCLA. Very good team and very beatable. I think Pittsburgh can handle Wright State, but Duke should give them a scare. As much as I like Duke ... and while they do have a lot of raw talent and getting back Gerald Henderson will help big time, I'm just not sold that they can do it. But ... to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me that, if Duke is playing consistently (and in particular, Paulus) that Duke makes a surprise run there. McRoberts played real well down the stretch, and Henderson was emerging, with Paulus getting more consistent. But it's hard ... as that team was so up and down at times, and a veteran team like Pitt, dunno.

Florida has found their swagger and it'll take a top tier team's best effort to take them down. Maryland would have NO chance

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Not an expiranced team? Who cares? Do you remember the Team Roy won with in 2005? I think 6 or 7 of the players were underclassmen, and they still won it. ABout Hansborough, I agree 100% that he may not be the same with the Mask( thank you henderson), but if he is everyone better watch out. Also, remember this is comming from a Duke fan too.
                          Um no they weren't. Sean May, Juwad Williams, David Noel, Raymond Felton, and Rashad McCants were all upperclassmen.

And yes TT, explain to me why you went 8-8 in the conference and why you lost in the ACC Tournament...I'm all eyes.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I just think Maryland is too inconsistent to beat Florida, particularly, in the backcourt.

I agree with Maryland and the Duke comments. However, as I have stated before I feel that the key to Dukes success is Henderson's play more than anyone else's even though he may not be a starter. As for maryland, I hate them with a passion, but they just really seem to be hot right now and playing together really well. Not to mention the coaching ailities of Gary.

they get smoked.

Comment

Do not lose faith in your dookies Yoda. Now is the time for opptimism.
                              I do have Duke in the elite 8 in one of my brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                                I do have Duke in the elite 8 in one of my brackets.
                                Just do one bracket!!! Doing several is like cheating, but if you're gonna put Duke in the Elite 8 you can throw that bracket out

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information