College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    This is crazy now I have to go out and buy all West Virginia stuff after buying all K State things this year. I hope Huggins stays there for awhile. I know its is hometown so he should. I hate WVU football, but now I have to love their hoops team. HUGGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Belein had a good recruting class too, but nothing to what Huggins left at K-State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      Belein had a good recruting class too, but nothing to what Huggins left at K-State
      Beasley will follow him right to WVU... He always wanted to be coached by Huggins. The only thing im worried about what happens with Bill Walker? He was there last year as a freshman played in like 7 games then was hurt for the rest of the season.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Beasley will follow him right to WVU... He always wanted to be coached by Huggins. The only thing im worried about what happens with Bill Walker? He was there last year as a freshman played in like 7 games then was hurt for the rest of the season.
        He'll probably stay there or just go to the draft this year b/c he's not going to transfer and then go in the draft two years from now.

Comment

• Weiser said they will not let the recruits out of their scholly to follow Huggy to WVU.He was P.O'd to say the least

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            Weiser said they will not let the recruits out of their scholly to follow Huggy to WVU.He was P.O'd to say the least
            Well Beasley is still in high school so he can follow him. The rule is if the coach leaves you are released of your signed letter of intent.
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Well Beasley is still in high school so he can follow him. The rule is if the coach leaves you are released of your signed letter of intent.
              no, it isn't. an loi is a legally binding contract between the school and player. the player can't just opt out of it, the school has to release them from the agreement.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
              Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                no, it isn't. an loi is a legally binding contract between the school and player. the player can't just opt out of it, the school has to release them from the agreement.
                If the coach leaves before he gets to the college he can opt out. Thats why if Donovan would have went to Kentucky all the players that he had going to Florida were going to follow him to Kentucky too.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Gilispie is a tremendous hire for Kentucky. He doesn't have the track record of some of the guys they probably wanted to hire, but he's the hottest young candidate out there and it was smart of them to go after him before another team did.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• you know nothing about college LOI structure then. They CANNOT opt out of an LOI under any circumstances. The school can grant them a release, but the players signed a contract that is legally binding. They can play for that school or no one if the school does not grant them a release.

Titty sprinkles

Comment

• by the way...thought this was interesting: http://www.kansas.com/277/story/37784.html

"It appears the transition has caused some coaches to wonder if K-State's incoming freshman class is up for grabs. And, according to Sutton, it might be.

'I spoke with Mike earlier today, and he said there were three schools who would take us,' he said.

Which three schools?

'N.C. State, Florida State and USC,' Sutton said.

All of this, Sutton said, could be avoided if K-State retains assistant coach Dalonte Hill or, even better, if he's promoted to head coach. Sutton said he and Beasley could be persuaded to honor their original commitment."

Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Beasley has talked about it for forever and now it opens up the chance of playing overseas.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Would there be any chance of us bringing in DeAndre Jordan?

Comment

• Gillispie is the new Kentucky coach, good choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Gillispie is the new Kentucky coach, good choice.
                              Before he got to Texas A&M that program was nothing but in those 3 years he turned them into a top 25 caliber team and a team that some thought could contend for a national title.

Comment

• Gillespie's a very solid hire. I think he's a solid in-game coach that's still developing. That said, his key recruits have all been from Texas, as he's a Texas guy and knows that area. He needs to get someone that has a broader recruiting reach.

It's going to take time, barring a Lucas/Patterson combo going there. The talent level just isn't there, and the best guess is that, for the next 1-2 years, if they can simply get into the NCAA tourny's, it'll be progress in many respects, provided the recruiting can pick up again.

I can respect a guy wanting to go home, and I'll be surprised if Huggins leaves WVU. It sucks for Kansas State, but I think Huggins will end up taking WVU further than Beilein might've been able to.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information