College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it could go like this
    Beasley- goes overseas for one year if he is unable to opt out and transfer to WVU which he will do
    Walker- will enter the draft and see how it pans out
    Patterson- WVU huggins is a sick recruiter he can pull it off
    Jai Lucas- Oklahoma
    all the A&M recruits will see who the new coach is first

Comment

• also btw a player should be allowed to opt out of their commitment because its the coach that recruits them not the school... remember oklahoma last year? sampson really screwed them there, thats whats gonna happen to Texas A&M IMO noones gonna stay... i have to say i was a bit suprised at the gillipese hiring i woulda thought hed want to stay at a program he built and he signed an extension i thought mike ford was the best match a UK alum and he coulda done wonders for the program

Comment

• Gillispie really really really impressed at his press conference today. He seems extremely geniune and eager, we're all thrilled to have him... Especially after all the things he said in his press conference. Finally we may get an uptempo aggressive style which has been so prominent on our championship teams.

DeAndre Jordan should be interesting. He said (when it was rumored Gillispie signed the extension) that he would've probably followed him, our AD's mentor is TAMU's AD so I'm hoping that he grants him release only under the condition that he doesn't stay in the Big 12.

We've got a solid shot still with Jai Lucas with Gillispie, both TX boys and Lucas said that we "got a steal" in Gillispie. I'm hoping for Lucas, Jordan and a Juco PF and we still should be pretty solid next year... Probably better than this year.

I'm thrilled to have Gillispie as our coach, I'd rather take a shot with a motivated guy still learning than get someone that's proven to be mediocre. The turnarounds he's made at UTEP and TAMU are just amazing, as well as his help in recruiting at Illinois. He's a great face for UK.

Comment

• http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=22172

Big Ten moving to an 18 game conference schedule.

Comment

• Not that he will ever step a foot on the court but Mike's son, Jefferey Jordan will walk on at Georgetown.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
              Not that he will ever step a foot on the court but Mike's son, Jefferey Jordan will walk on at Georgetown.
              Jordan and Ewing on the same team. If only they were half as good as their fathers.

Comment

Not that he will ever step a foot on the court but Mike's son, Jefferey Jordan will walk on at Georgetown.
                I wondered what he was going to do. Before Tubby left it was rumored he would walk on at UK, thought it would be cool to have a Jordan on the team.

Comment

• Looks like we got Alex Legion who dropped out of his commitment with Michigan after Amaker left.

Comment

• Thank Favre Dumbo went pro.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

moving 3 point line back. Whats next 27 second shot clock? what a joke.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

Comment

• The 3 point line should be moved back. It's a joke how these college kids are raining 3 like it's nothing. The 3 point should be made more difficult and I hope this goes through.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          The 3 point line should be moved back. It's a joke how these college kids are raining 3 like it's nothing. The 3 point should be made more difficult and I hope this goes through.
                          Moving it back will kikely lead to alot more uncontended 3 pointers, not less. Moving it back spready the defense more than you can imagine. this is weak,a couple more feet, and coulple more seconds off the shotclockare and we have the NBA jr.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            Moving it back will kikely lead to alot more uncontended 3 pointers, not less. Moving it back spready the defense more than you can imagine. this is weak,a couple more feet, and coulple more seconds off the shotclockare and we have the NBA jr.
                            I don't think the shot clock will change in college so thats nothing to worry about. The 3 pointer is what gives a lot of these mid majors an advantage because they shoot the 3 so well. It's a little tougher shoot moving it back and I still think they'll be contested. Granted it does spread the D that much more but you still won't have the superstar mentality of the NBA. College is and always will be more of a team game than the NBA even if the 3 is moved back.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think the NCAA should be doing more to guarantee parity and scheduling for the mid-major and 'tweener conferences. Right now, the NCAA accepts mediocrity and really terrible OOC schedules from big time programs. They should be forcing Duke to go on the road to play S Illinois in a home and home with shared revenues. They should be giving teams like Temple "buy" games at Florida, etc. They should strive for top competition at all times during the season. Right now, everything is stratified with the majors dictating everything, the mid-majors and tweeners getting screwed, and the low Division 1 teams raking in lots of money to get embarrassed every season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Whoops.... ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information