No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also, I read in the Tribune today that it wasn't so much that the NCAA is pissed at Indiana for supplying false reports to them, but more that Sampson and his staff provided false information to the university, and then the university to the NCAA...so, while Indiana may see small repercussions from this, it does appear less likely that the NCAA will be punishing them harshly, rather just frowning upon them for even hiring a coach with a questionable background and look like idiots for doing so

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      Wow, thanks for calling me out TT, except that last year I believed Illinois was better than Duke, and last year Frazier was better than Paulus when both were healthy.

This year is a different case and I have not once said Illinois was better than Duke, or that Frazier was better than Paulus.

Maybe you should learn to read next time before you come after me.
      Whoa whoa whoa, Don't get angry brah.
      1.) You said something more along the lines of Paulus never would be a good point, and that he was overrated since coming into college. When they were both healthy? Is that implying that Fraizier is a better player than Paulus when healthy? Ha
      2.) You said before this season that Duke would be in trouble after losing McRoberts and would be no good.
      3.) You stated Singler was the most overrated prospect before arriving at duke, while I maintained he was the most complete prospect. Who turn out to be right there? Forgot to comment on that? Maybe you should learn how to read?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Thank God, I want that scumbag gone ASAP. Dan Dockage should take over for the rest of the season, which still has some promise and Greenspan can try to save his ass by doing a much better job with this hire.

And Knight has way too much pride to come back, he despises the school for what they did.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• my hatred of Duke is almost uncontrollable.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            Duke would be in trouble after losing McRoberts

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• From everything I have heard, it is almost a lock that Sampson will be fired tomorrow. Also have heard that Steve Alford is the leading candidate to be the next coach at IU.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                From everything I have heard, it is almost a lock that Sampson will be fired tomorrow. Also have heard that Steve Alford is the leading candidate to be the next coach at IU.
                Where did you hear he was the lead candidate? I've said it before, but even if Greenspan loses his mind and decides to hire a coach as terrible as Alford, Knight would do everything in his power to make sure Steve didn't take the job. I don't know if that would have as much pull given Steve's current situation, but don't think he'd be quick to pull the trigger on accepting the offer, which hopefully is never given to him in the first place.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

• Nolan Smith had better get a starting spot next year. They should just give the point and let Paulus be the SG. All he does is shoot 3's anyway. Haha.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                    Where did you hear he was the lead candidate? I've said it before, but even if Greenspan loses his mind and decides to hire a coach as terrible as Alford, Knight would do everything in his power to make sure Steve didn't take the job. I don't know if that would have as much pull given Steve's current situation, but don't think he'd be quick to pull the trigger on accepting the offer, which hopefully is never given to him in the first place.
                    Considering it was Iowa, Alford did a remarkable job in his time there. He has also did a solid job with the Lobos this year as well.

Alford is just the rumor on a few pay boards (not IU ones) that I am on. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                      Considering it was Iowa, Alford did a remarkable job in his time there. He has also did a solid job with the Lobos this year as well.

Alford is just the rumor on a few pay boards (not IU ones) that I am on. We'll see.
                      like you said, Alford isn't a terrible coach...he isn't a great one, but I mean yea, it's Iowa, who wants to play basketball here? We never have any good players and Alford still went to the dance like 3 times in 6 years (granted, he's never won a tourny game), but still, he isn't a bad coach by any means...the only reason he left Iowa is because Iowa fans are morons and think we should be an elite basketball program, they think we should at least make the elite 8 every year, because they are in fact complete idiots

anyways, if I were Indiana I would not hire Alford just because the fans would expect too much from the Jesus of Indiana basketball and he would inevitably fall short of such high expectations

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Nolan Smith had better get a starting spot next year. They should just give the point and let Paulus be the SG. All he does is shoot 3's anyway. Haha.
                        Yeah, that and run Coach Ks offense perfectly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          HAHAHAHAHAHA!
                          No post game...They rely on their athleticism and outside shooting, and that's been their key to success this season.

And yes I was wrong about Duke this year. Paulus is still overhyped for what he is. He's a very, very solid player but it helps having guys like Henderson, Nelson, Scheyer, Singler, etc around him as well.

Also, IU can do a lot better than Alford. Name we're hearing is possibly Lon Kruger.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            Yeah, that and run Coach Ks offense perfectly.
                            I wouldn't say "perfectly". He's still a little too hesitant for my liking. His "perfect job" at running the offense is more of a product of the great ball movement all around than everything going through him. He is a fine fit for the team, though. I'm just a huge Nolan Smith fan and he has an infinitely greater growth potential opposed to Paulus, so I'd like to see him get his PT and be allowed to run the show.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• ASU beat Stanford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're going dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                No post game...They rely on their athleticism and outside shooting, and that's been their key to success this season.
                                You got it there. but the thing is with the offense that coach K has devised this season I'm not so sure how much a post game is a necessity. However, if they get cold with perimeter shooting on the tourney, it could be an early exit. If they stay this hot, I'm not sure anyone could stop them.

Also, another thought. How scary would Duke be this year with McRoberts? He is a big man who could fit perfectly with this system. Just imagine him and Singler, dang.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information