College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rush23Hester View Post
    Have you been to a game? As a Duke fan I can honestly say that the Duke crowd is great because it is in fact the Duke crowd. The student section is insane during the game, you should see what happens during the commercials.
    The Duke crowd is great because it's the Duke crowd? Not exactly the way to win an argument.

Comment

• Big win for UT basketball. Bruce Pearl should get a statue.

Comment

• Only 6 of the 20 players from the game were actually from Tennessee.

0/5 Mephis starters
        3/5 Tennessee starters
        2/5 Memphis bench
        1/5 Tennessee bench

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Only 6 of the 20 players from the game were actually from Tennessee.

0/5 Mephis starters
          3/5 Tennessee starters
          2/5 Memphis bench
          1/5 Tennessee bench
          Kinda surprised none of Memphis' starters are from Tennessee considering Memphis is a pretty talented city in terms of high school basketball talent, but then again, memphis is a powerhouse so they can recruit well nationally. Those are probably the only compliments I'll ever give to Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
            You're missing the boat on Robinson, trust me. He's probably our most athletic starter, and by a fair bit too. He's very quick and very explosive with amazing hops. He doesn't use his athleticism like he should on offense, instead going for stupid pull up jumpers (know your role son), but if Calhoun really forced him to penetrate and attack he would be tough to stop. On defense you can easily see his athleticism because his technique is horrible (defensive stance) but he still manages to stay with his man and blocks shots in a hurry. He glides all over the place.
            I have to say, Robinson looked like a totally different guy out there today. As you mentioned he wasn't trying to do as many pull up jumpers and he really took it to the basket, despite the loss.

All in all, I thought we played well - despite the loss. We're a good team and we just need to get some conistency at the beginning of the game so we're not constantly playing from behind.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Absolutely unbelievable Kansas State box score in their loss. This is a must see:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280540239
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                Absolutely unbelievable Kansas State box score in their loss. This is a must see:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280540239
                It's fairly pathetic. I realize everyone beyond Beasley and Walker are nowhere near their talent level, but they could at least be good roleplayers. They don't want the ball, they don't know what to do when they can't get their star the ball, they can't pass, they can't play defense, and they can barely keep possession of the ball. Beasley's going to have to really step up into a leadership role and attempt at making the players around him better, because this is fairly ridiculous. If someone drops 44 with a great percentage in college and their team still can't win, there's a problem. Can't wait for KSU/Texas on Monday. I'd like to see K-State step it up.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Oh yeah. Derrick Rose showed me a lot today. Very solid performance. Not sure if he's necessarily as great as some are hyping him up to be just yet, but he's very good. It would benefit his growth to step out of the shadow of CDR, however, but I'm not completely sure CDR will let him. We'll see. Tournament time should be interesting.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Tyler Smith is the most consistent player for the Vols all-around. I hope he doesn't bolt to the pros.

Comment

• Derrick is one of the most fun to watch guys I've seen at that age. I think it'd be best for him to stay another year and carry a team in college before hitting the NBA. He could really put up some huge numbers when the older guys leave after this year.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• LOLOLOLOL.... Scott Van Pelt (of Sportscenter) just name dropped the biggest UK message board. He said something along the lines of, "We didn't get the chance to show the UK-Arkansas highlights but we didn't forget Kentucky, I salute my friends at Catspause". Catspause is the biggest UK fan message board, we have like 4,000 people at a time on there. He was being sarcastic but it cracks me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          They don't impress me.
                          It should if you watch college basketball... Cameron, Rupp, and Assembly are the most difficult places to play.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Michigan takes down Illinois.

Not a very good game for either team, but a win is a win. I'll take it considering wins have been hard to come by this year. After starting 1-9 in conference play we've won 4 of the last 5. Three games left: vs Northwestern, @ Penn State, and vs Purdue. Here's hoping we can win those first two.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              It should if you watch college basketball... Cameron, Rupp, and Assembly are the most difficult places to play.
                              They get into it, no doubt. I just wish it seated more. Anyone can make a high school gym loud (obviously it's bigger) but to make 20k+ get loud is something else. I would think they could seat that many, any idea when a new gym is coming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                                Michigan takes down Illinois.

Not a very good game for either team, but a win is a win. I'll take it considering wins have been hard to come by this year. After starting 1-9 in conference play we've won 4 of the last 5. Three games left: vs Northwestern, @ Penn State, and vs Purdue. Here's hoping we can win those first two.
                                **** the first two. Win the last one please.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information