College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Oh come on, even I could mop up in the WNBA. Give him a little credit.

No. Rebbeca Lobo would beat him in one on one.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      It pained me to get through the Bama/Arkansas game, but I'm a believer in Richard Hendrix. He won't be a star, but I think he's going to be solid in the NBA. Really like his game.
      He's a beast. He was sick for the UK game, in some ways I was dissapointed (wanted to see him vs. Patterson) and others glad (well, he's good and didn't play).

UK's RPI keeps going and going.... Hell, if we lose to Tennessee on Sunday it'll probably either stay idle or go up because of our SOS shooting into the top 10.

Comment

• Great game between Wisconsin and Michigan state going on. I'm kind of upset all this NFL news is taking me away from the game.

Comment

• Kevin O'Neil is pissed

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            Great game between Wisconsin and Michigan state going on. I'm kind of upset all this NFL news is taking me away from the game.
            Big win for the Badgers tonight...57-42! With two easy games left it looks like the Badgers can finish the Big Ten at 16-2. With a solid Big Ten tourney performance they could be a 2 seed in the field of 65

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Big win for the Badgers tonight...57-42! With two easy games left it looks like the Badgers can finish the Big Ten at 16-2. With a solid Big Ten tourney performance they could be a 2 seed in the field of 65
              I hope you're joking...There's way too many great teams ahead of them...There's probably only 1 #2 seed up for grabs (I doubt KU, UCLA, or Duke drop below a #2 seed), plus Indiana, Louisville, Georgetown, and UConn are ahead in the pecking order for the last spot

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• 57-43... What a thriller. Second time MSU scored under 45 this year, ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  57-43... What a thriller. Second time MSU scored under 45 this year, ouch.
                  first time was vs. us...WOOOOOO

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    I hope you're joking...There's way too many great teams ahead of them...There's probably only 1 #2 seed up for grabs (I doubt KU, UCLA, or Duke drop below a #2 seed), plus Indiana, Louisville, Georgetown, and UConn are ahead in the pecking order for the last spot
                    First, Indiana is in no way ahead of Wisconsin. Unless we have an extreme let up and drop one to Penn State or Northwestern we have at least a share of the Big Ten title and we beat Indiana twice. None of those Big East teams are ahead of us yet. Either Georgetown or Louisville will be knocked out no matter what because they play each other. If Georgetown wins out they'll be ahead of us, but they'd have to beat Marquette, Louisville and the Big East tourny. Kansas will probably be knocked out of a 2 seed when they lose in the Big 12 touny.

In no order the one and two seeds:
                    Memphis
                    UCLA
                    Duke
                    Tennesse
                    UNC
                    Texas
                    Wisconsin
                    Stanford/Georgetown/Kansas

There's a strong possibility we're a two seed. Also Bo Ryan should be coach of the year.

Comment

• Pearl and Calipari deserve coach of the year over Ryan...Ryan isn't even having the best "coaching" year in the Big Ten, Painter deserves it more

Comment

• Sean Miller (Xavier) for Coach of the Year...

I know it sounds backwards to not award a college coach for bringing in great players but Calipari/Pearl's teams were expected to do well. Xavier is rolling through a A10 schedule that is no push over (as well as a win over Indiana, @Kent St.) and they lost two good seniors last year. Just great balance, very well coached team. It'd be a shame if Indiana doesn't give him a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Sean Miller (Xavier) for Coach of the Year...

I know it sounds backwards to not award a college coach for bringing in great players but Calipari/Pearl's teams were expected to do well. Xavier is rolling through a A10 schedule that is no push over (as well as a win over Indiana, @Kent St.) and they lost two good seniors last year. Just great balance, very well coached team. It'd be a shame if Indiana doesn't give him a shot.
                          I can agree with that, I was just throwing out 2 names that I thought deserved it more...I honestly want Painter to win it, I don't think there's a more surprising team, and they start 4 freshmen, but at the very least he should get Big10 COY

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            Pearl and Calipari deserve coach of the year over Ryan...Ryan isn't even having the best "coaching" year in the Big Ten, Painter deserves it more
                            Memphis and Tennessee were supposed to be great. Had Memphis gone undefeated I'd say Calipari no question, but now the weakness of the conference does come into play. The Badgers lost their two best players in Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor who accounted for around 50% of our offense last year. We weren't supposed to be in the top 4 of the Big Ten let a lone win it. Also take a look at the rosters. Tennessee and Memphis have stars and first round picks. Wisconsin plays as a team and none of the players will be drafted. I think we're an even better team than we were last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Memphis and Tennessee were supposed to be great. Had Memphis gone undefeated I'd say Calipari no question, but now the weakness of the conference does come into play. The Badgers lost their two best players in Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor who accounted for around 50% of our offense last year. We weren't supposed to be in the top 4 of the Big Ten let a lone win it. Also take a look at the rosters. Tennessee and Memphis have stars and first round picks. Wisconsin plays as a team and none of the players will be drafted. I think we're an even better team than we were last season.
                              idk I would still argue both should get it over Ryan, but there is also the argument that you just made which is completely valid...I guess it's just the fact that I can't give national coach of the year to a coach who shouldn't even win his conference coach of the year

Comment

• Painter and Ryan are getting it done, either one would be deserving. I didn't know much about Wisconsin coming into this year but with Tucker/Taylor gone I thought they weren't going to make the tournament. Neither of them are going against the best schedules (Memphis' schedule is harder than both) but it's not like they're loaded either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information