X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sik wit it
    Originally posted by Boston
    Originally posted by danman253
    Sweetness you overrate Illinois way to much. They would not beat Duke, and Michigan-Illinois would be a good matchup.
    And Keep in mind i think DUke is very overrated.
    As do you with Michigan.
    how bout both teams won't finish in the top 2 of the big ten so it doesn't matter, they both suck
    This is for numero 3. Of couse Wisky and OSU are better.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by danman253
      Sweetness you overrate Illinois way to much. They would not beat Duke, and Michigan-Illinois would be a good matchup.
      I'm done with this argument. Duke is the most overrated team in the nation right now, and I'm sticking to it.

I've made my case for why we're a better team than them and no one can dispute me on the matchup. The only thing I've heard from tt and jags on the Illini is that they suck and Duke is god.

I'm through arguing this because they can't step up and break down the matchup. Nor can they say anything about Duke besides their record. At least you could break down Michigan, JBond could break down Ohio State, and cards could break down IU. But besides yoda, tt and Jags have done nothing but talk about their record, which I could care less about. And oh yay, you beat two highly overrated teams that were once ranked, congrats. You also got spanked by an inconsistent Marquette team on a neutral floor, fully healthy.

I don't give a rats ass about your record. You have one less loss than we do. I care about you being able to argue the other side, which you've yet to prove to me you can do. I've made a matchup post, twice, and no one has disputed it. I've brought out stats and how they lost more than we did, yet we fell 20 more spots in the rankings and they stayed top 15 and they can't dispute that.

So until you can come in hear and argue civaly that...

A) Duke is a top 10 team, hell that Duke is a top 15 team

B) Illinois sucks

C) Duke is a better team matchup wise

D) You'd be at your record without the likes of Paulus, McRoberts, Scheyer, and Nelson for a better part of the season

I'm not going to talk about it anymore. It's like talking to a monkey with you guys. I ask you to argue with me (not on records) on matchups, and you can't. I ask you to prove to me that the only reason Duke was ranked in the top 15 this year was because of their ranking, and you can't counter it, or you've yet to counter it.

I've asked you how a top 6 team can only beat Holy Cross and Kent State at home barely and you can't. I ask you how you can barely beat Gonzaga, who played their worse game of the year and you played your best and you can't.

Until you can argue the other side here I'm just going to stop on this, beause it's like talking to a wall. Oh and another thing, Florida lost twice this year "because of injuries." So how isn't Illinois having 3 times as many injuries a valid argument here, yet we're 12-2, with the same number of losses?

Here's my other argument on why Illinois is not as good as I think are. We don't have a go to guy, we dont' score a lot of points, we have trouble with dribble penetration at times on defense, we're inexperienced, we fall in love with the 3, we forget to go down low, and we committ bad turnovers.

Regardless though, if we play like we're capable of, we're a damn good team. You may not think it but I do, and that's all I care about. Battle 6 injuries throughout the season and then come back to me on how the hell we're 12-2.

sweetness out....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston
        Originally posted by sik wit it
        As do you with Michigan.
        how bout both teams won't finish in the top 2 of the big ten so it doesn't matter, they both suck
        And I won't argue that. They're clearly better on paper than us, but keep in mind we do play them at home. 8) :D

And sik wit it with another intelligent post on the Illini, "they suck." It's pretty much laughable right now.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
          As do you with Michigan.
          And I won't argue that. They're clearly better on paper than us, but keep in mind we do play them at home. 8) :D

And sik wit it with another intelligent post on the Illini, "they suck." It's pretty much laughable right now.
          Wisconsin beat a number two team. I don't see how they couldn't beat Illinois.

Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston
            Originally posted by sweetness34
            As do you with Michigan.

They beat them at home keep in mind. It' won be easy for Wisky, I can tell you that right now. Plus Wisky struggles at the Hall, the hardest place to play in the nation, well ok one of the hardest places to play.

The Hall is gonna be rockin baby. We'll hold Tucker to 12 points and Taylor to 10. Unfortuantely though Butch is going to go off for 35.

Comment

As do you with Michigan.

They beat them at home keep in mind. It' won be easy for Wisky, I can tell you that right now. Plus Wisky struggles at the Hall, the hardest place to play in the nation, well ok one of the hardest places to play.

The Hall is gonna be rockin baby. We'll hold Tucker to 12 points and Taylor to 10. Unfortuantely though Butch is going to go off for 35.
              I know. I was being sarcastic. Somebody needs to designate a smiley for that. January's going to be a big month for the Badgers.

Hitman D

Comment

As do you with Michigan.

another, if i recall correctly that is the first time i've said it. Its still the truth though. Stop livin the dream that dee luther or james will save you.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
                  Sweetness please tell me something that is supposed to impress me about Illinopis at this point, because i don't see it...

Also you obviusly did not watch the game Michigan was in it until about 12 minutes left in the game.
                  no kidding. illinios is a joke.
                  *sweetness puts gun to head, and pulls trigger*

Argue this. Please, because you've yet to argue it without saying we suck. Break down our team or your opinion holds no water to me.

You too danman, and jags.
                  as your opinion holds no water to me" whatever the hell that means.....

I just want you to answear one question for me sweetness and if you can give me a viable answear i'll shut up about it. How exactly do you proclaim a team with a Worse record and no top 25 victories is better than a team with 2 top 25 victories and one loss to a top 25? Andnone of this " on paper were better" or " we have injuries" BS. Guess what? basketball isn't played on paper, and also if you have injured players they don't play either so you can't factor them into the argument either because were talking about RIGHT NOW who is better, not when your players come back . what illinios wins are supposed to support your agrument for a top 25 ranking Belmont? Jackson State? georgia southern? Idaho State? I mean what a joke dude ,you had to chances to prove your top 25 by beating maryland or arizona. You have failed to beat any team to mention yet. For some one to think anyone with this record should be top 25 is pure stupidity. Agian duke has beaten georgetown and gonzaga, who are ten times better than any opponent you have beaten. Even indiana and Airforce are better than any team illinios has beaten IMO. That makes 4 wins that are more solid than any you have... so yeah.. illinios is better as of right now alright. Why don't you just go ahead and say the Panthers are better than the Saints just because they looks better on paper while your at it. And to answear your question about paulus, yeah he is overratedbut it's not like hes terrible. the rest of the team is still solid, mccroberts is a little overrated IMO too, but he still a very very solid player. He dosen't score 25 points a game usually , but he can pass very well, and he is a monster on the boards. Also, he can throw down some points when he needs it. Anyways, i just think your whole argument is very very weak.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

As do you with Michigan.

butch has been playing out of his mind lately, i dont see it staying it this way unless something clicked. Badge attack got 5+ that could lead in scoring every night.

Comment

• hey sweetness, your right there is no way in hell duke shouldn't be ranked #6 in the nation. However i do think that #5 is more fitting. :D

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
                        hey sweetness, your right there is no way in hell duke shouldn't be ranked #6 in the nation. However i do think that #5 is more fitting. :D
                        If you think Duke is a legit top 5 team, you're crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                          hey sweetness, your right there is no way in hell duke shouldn't be ranked #6 in the nation. However i do think that #5 is more fitting. :D
                          I can't wait untill Duke plays a ledgit team.

Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2708150

I agree with you but the poll doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
                              Originally posted by cardsalltheway

oh but cardsalltheway knows way more than k any colledge basketball expert, didn't you know?

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088
                                Originally posted by GB12
                                Originally posted by cardsalltheway

oh but cardsalltheway knows way more than k any colledge basketball expert, didn't you know?
                                Not every coach has seen Duke play that much this year. They probably just see the record and the Duke name and think they're a great team, when really they're not.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information