No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or maybe it's because nobody really cares about the rankings right now, and putting anyone in the top 5 right now means little with conference play having not even started yet, which is when we'll see who the real top teams in the nation are.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Since Bill Walker has joined Kansas State they are 4-0. Now 10-3 overall and they are coming off two big wins. One over USC and another one over New Mexico in the Las Vegas holiday classic. Huggins is doing an excellent job in his first year. My other team Cincinnati is 8-3 they are also coming off a win against NC State. Not to bad for 2 teams that werent supposed to do anything this season.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
        Originally posted by TitleTown088
        Originally posted by GB12
        Originally posted by cardsalltheway
        Originally posted by TitleTown088
        hey sweetness, your right there is no way in hell duke shouldn't be ranked #6 in the nation. However i do think that #5 is more fitting. :D
        If you think Duke is a legit top 5 team, you're crazy.
        http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2708150

I agree with you but the poll doesn't.
        oh but cardsalltheway knows way more than k any colledge basketball expert, didn't you know?
        Not every coach has seen Duke play that much this year. They probably just see the record and the Duke name and think they're a great team, when really they're not.
        yeah those coaches pay alot less attention to duke than you do . what do they know?

BTW they actually know what to look for when the watch a team play. They don't just decide where a team should be ranked based upon if they like them or not. I can't believe you think you know more about ranking teams than coaches and you think they only rank duke high because its duke. BTW i admit duke is overrated at Number 5 probably, but they are top 15 or so.
        However, the most overrated team in the NCAA is OSU. That's right you heard it here first. 8)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• No, I didn't hear it here first. People have been saying since before the season. Coaches aren't the gods you think they are and the head coaches don't even always do the rankings themselves. Yes I hate Duke, but that has no affect on how I view them as a team. I had this same exact arguement with Cleveland31 a while back. I'm not trying to act like a college basketball genius, because I'm not one. But I can guarantee you that I have watched more Duke games than Dane Fife has.

Comment

• I hope Knight breaks the record tonight.

Comment

• Oh my god Spencer Hawes just hit a 3-pointer with no time left to send it to double overtime.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I just found out some the greatest news of my entire life. I just got a ticket in the student section for the Wisconsin vs Ohio St game Jan. 9th. **** em Bucky!

Comment

• TTU played like crap tonight.

Comment

• Oregon pwns, off to the first 12-0 start since the 1940s

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

• Damn. Trojans pull the upset. They definitely got preferential homecourt treatment and four of our five best players got fouled out as a result, but props to them for pulling it out. Great game until the end when it became a little more apparent that USC was getting the homecourt calls, but good game nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by iworshipbender
                        Oregon pwns, off to the first 12-0 start since the 1940s
                        Beating 1 good team.

Comment

• nebraska aint bad either. plus we have dominated the crap competition

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

• ANd the heels win again. My pick for champions this year look great, UNC may finish the regular season with under 3 losses.

Michigan wins!!!!!!!!vs army

Comment

• whats going on sweetness, your illini are losing by 12 to Xavier

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123
                                whats going on sweetness, your illini are losing by 12 to Xavier
                                but they are still top 25 :roll:

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information