No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck of a game. At least for this one, it seemed like the Big Ten officials were going with seniority in the paint, because Oden got abused on several occasions with no call. Still, he had four blocks and 21 points. They have a crazy hard stretch coming up though.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Go Buckeyes!!!!

We struggled there at the start of the second half but we came through. Mike Conley tore it up there for awhile. 10 assists for the game.

Good game Cardsalltheway

Comment

• Good game by the Buckeyes. Mike Conley and Daquean Cook are both going to be special players. I always thought Conley was a product of Oden, but at the end of the game tonight, he showed he was for real. DJ White played like absolute crap tonight, luckily the 3's were falling for us tonight though. I'm not one to complain about officiating, but I thought it was pretty bad tonight. OSU shot three times as many free throws as we did. DJ was getting hacked down low and that last block by Oden was goaltending. Our defense, for once, is what held us back in this game. We couldn't make the key stops at the end we needed to. Again, congrats to Ohio State, we'll see what happens when you come to the Hall.

Comment

• Huh. Must've just been bad officiating all-around, because I thought Ohio State definitely got the short end of the stick. Really, they were just much more aggressive, while Indiana was settling for jumpshots, as far as free throws go. Of course, the commentators did say they would allow a lot go in the Big Ten this year.

As for calling that block by Oden goaltending, unfortunately, I don't think that's debatable. It didn't look like it was coming down at all.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow
            As for calling that block by Oden goaltending, unfortunately, I don't think that's debatable. It didn't look like it was coming down at all.
            It was in the air for like 5 seconds before Oden went up and blocked it. It looked like goaltending to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardsalltheway
              Good game by the Buckeyes. Mike Conley and Daquean Cook are both going to be special players. I always thought Conley was a product of Oden, but at the end of the game tonight, he showed he was for real. DJ White played like absolute crap tonight, luckily the 3's were falling for us tonight though. I'm not one to complain about officiating, but I thought it was pretty bad tonight. OSU shot three times as many free throws as we did. DJ was getting hacked down low and that last block by Oden was goaltending. Our defense, for once, is what held us back in this game. We couldn't make the key stops at the end we needed to. Again, congrats to Ohio State, we'll see what happens when you come to the Hall.
              Oden was getting hacked all night as well

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow
                It was in the air for like 5 seconds before Oden went up and blocked it. It looked like goaltending to me.
                Well, five second in slow motion.

Not that the amount of time a ball is in the air has any bearing on if a block is goaltending or not. But you could be right about it being goaltending. I'm sure we'll see the play again on Sportscenter.

Comment

• Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                  Good game by the Buckeyes. Mike Conley and Daquean Cook are both going to be special players. I always thought Conley was a product of Oden, but at the end of the game tonight, he showed he was for real. DJ White played like absolute crap tonight, luckily the 3's were falling for us tonight though. I'm not one to complain about officiating, but I thought it was pretty bad tonight. OSU shot three times as many free throws as we did. DJ was getting hacked down low and that last block by Oden was goaltending. Our defense, for once, is what held us back in this game. We couldn't make the key stops at the end we needed to. Again, congrats to Ohio State, we'll see what happens when you come to the Hall.
                  And they actually called it. You guys had 35 frickin free throws.

Comment

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                    And they actually called it. You guys had 35 frickin free throws.
                    Yep and we only made 24 of them.

Comment

• Still 13 more than we made. I don't want to talk about this because it sounds like I'm making excuses, when I'm really trying not to. OSU played well and deserved the win. I think we've proved that we're one of the top teams in the Big Ten however.

Comment

• I bow to Coach K.......I mean I know we haven't played the best of teams. Howeva, I am suprised we gots only 1 loss. Cuz this isn't the Duke team of old.....

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
                          I bow to Coach K.......I mean I know we haven't played the best of teams. Howeva, I am suprised we gots only 1 loss. Cuz this isn't the Duke team of old.....
                          Good to hear a Duke fan admit that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
                            Originally posted by TitleTown088
                            Originally posted by TitleTown088
                            I love that Bluedevils defense and passing game. They might not have scoring down, but the rest of the fundamentals are just terrific.
                            And Oden should just never shave. Right now he could pass for 40, but if he makes that a goatee, he could get into the 50s.
                            You can thank coach K for that.

McCroberts is laying dimes, damn.
                            Well if that wasn't obvious.

But seriously, they need to start recruiting some real talent. They recruit a bunch of guys that are already known for their intelligence on the court and fundamentals, and then they happen to come into a place that teaches the fundamentals the best. Recruit some big time athletes and Coach K can lead them to championships every year.
                            Gerald Henderson jr., Nolan Smith, and kyle sigler will help with that..

BTW what kind of name is Daquawn?
                            Singler is not a big time recruit. A very solid player yes but not a big time athlete
                            http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=1260411. The number 1 ranked SF is not a big time recruit? :roll: who cares if he's not big time athlete, he's good. big time pick up for Duke.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
                              I bow to Coach K.......I mean I know we haven't played the best of teams. Howeva, I am suprised we gots only 1 loss. Cuz this isn't the Duke team of old.....
                              well yeah, losing JJ and sheldon isn;t good for any program, but this will be a good team come tourney time when the young guys get some more expirance.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I absolutely can't stand duke. Everything about them, their fans, their coach, their players. After every old fashioned three point play the duke assistants make love to each other. Then we got Greg Paulus, the little freak who treats their teammates' leg like a 12 year old treats a jungle gym. Whats up with his stupid black wristband too? What does it stand for, nothing? It looks stupid get rid of it. Not to mention Dicky V who gives Coach K head before each game. I love it every year come tournament time, Duke finds a way to **** up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information