No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.C State women's coach Kay Yow dies of cancer at 66. Hall of Famer with 700+ wins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3857041

R.I.P

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      The first game of the season is especially relevant right now.
      Selective memory is fun.

I am comparing those resumes, all of them are better than Kentucky. If you think Kentucky has a better resume than West Virginia and Georgetown you're out of your ******* mind. Gimme a break. Kentucky has played a MUCH easier schedule and has the same record as both.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Jeez.. this Duke game is painful to watch even for a Duke fan. Beating Maryland by 40+.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          The first game of the season is especially relevant right now. Watch that game and any of our last 10 and tell me that's the same team. But yes, it's very reasonable to base how good a team is by their first game of the season.

Considering we gave up 111 that game and only gave up over 70 three time since.
          Riggghhhtt....so lets dismiss games now. Regardless of whether or not you are the same team, you lose to VMI at home. Your resume right now is not as good as Illinois', Georgetown's, or West Virginia's.

Plus as I said, the SEC sucks.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• UConn looking to snap Notre Dame's 45-game home win streak tonight. Bob Knight the color man for the game, should be entertaining. If you don't remember, here's what Thabeet said in the beginning of the year.

"I played Luke Harangody and he was not tough"

Well Thabeet, Harangody went for 32 and 16 against you last year, so not sure what you meant by that comment. Anyway, if UConn's guards can play as well as they did against Villanova, the Huskies have a good chance.

Paul

New York Giants
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks (unfortunately)
            UConn Basketball
            Virginia Tech Football
            UConn Football

Comment

• Craig Brackins wnet Jodie Meeks on Kansas today.42 points and 11+rebounds and yet his team lost.that is a sign your supporting cast sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                UConn looking to snap Notre Dame's 45-game home win streak tonight. Bob Knight the color man for the game, should be entertaining. If you don't remember, here's what Thabeet said in the beginning of the year.

"I played Luke Harangody and he was not tough"

Well Thabeet, Harangody went for 32 and 16 against you last year, so not sure what you meant by that comment. Anyway, if UConn's guards can play as well as they did against Villanova, the Huskies have a good chance.
                Thabeet means he's a cocky player who talks a big game then doesn't perform at a high level.

Comment

• Hasheem Thabeet is one of the most overrated payers in College Basketball. He can't sniff Hansbrough, Griffen, harangody, or Varnado's game.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                  Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                  I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                  LOL props to Paul

Comment

• This is a tough loss for Tennessee.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                      Hasheem Thabeet is one of the most overrated payers in College Basketball. He can't sniff Hansbrough, Griffen, harangody, or Varnado's game.
                      James Harden is better than all of those players besides Griffen. God damn Blake Griffen is too good this year. =(

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I hate playing Wisconsin. Because no matter how good you are on offense, they will lock down and make life miserable. Almost threw that game away at the end.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          I hate playing Wisconsin. Because no matter how good you are on offense, they will lock down and make life miserable. Almost threw that game away at the end.
                          That's why my 3 favorite teams outside of ASU are Wisconsin, Georgetown and Syracuse because they teach great fundamental defense.

Comment

• So Washington was leading UCLA 67-66 and then UW went on a 12-0 run to put the game away. Wow this team really sucks without Kevin Love/Arron afflalo.

Final Score UW 86 - UCLA 75.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                              That's why my 3 favorite teams outside of ASU are Wisconsin, Georgetown and Syracuse because they teach great fundamental defense.
                              Well so does Weber, but Ryan's style is to lock down for 40 minutes on defense, limit possessions, and slow the game down. That flex offense is very well run though.

It's another reason Ryan doesn't go far in March. Their game doesn't translate over well to the other conferences plus the refs call it tighter in March than they do in the Big 10, which is known as a physical conference.

I think we let off the accelerator after we got up by 15 and you can't do that against a team like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Well so does Weber, but Ryan's style is to lock down for 40 minutes on defense, limit possessions, and slow the game down. That flex offense is very well run though.

It's another reason Ryan doesn't go far in March. Their game doesn't translate over well to the other conferences plus the refs call it tighter in March than they do in the Big 10, which is known as a physical conference.

I think we let off the accelerator after we got up by 15 and you can't do that against a team like that.
                                Bo Ryan really justs need 1 dynamic player to take over the offense (a la Arlando Tucker) and then the team can be very good lethal in March.

Also, Washington just took over 1st in the PAC-10 and will come down to the AZ schools next week, specifically playing ASU next Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information