College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    May I ask what is with all the Memphis love? Granted I've only seen two of their games this year but everyone wants to give Cal all these props for what he's done but when you look at their resume and who they've beaten/lost to, I scratch my head.

Yes, they are 26-3, but they don't have any "key wins." Gonzaga and Tennessee to me aren't "key wins." They are solid wins but not the resume builder they need. They are 1-2 against the AP Top 25, that's not very good. Have losses to Syracuse, Georgetown, and Xavier. Again, solid teams but for all the press they are getting, they lose to those 3? Cuse' and GT are 2nd tier Big East Teams and Xavier while a good A10 school isn't that great of a team.

Memphis benefits from playing in a piss poor conference, and especially with this season, a very weak OOC schedule in which they lose 3 games. We beat their #2 school (Tulsa) back at South Padre. I just don't see the hype at all.

The fact that they are getting #1 votes in the polls is really, really questionable. I think a team like UNC, UCONN, Pitt, MSU, etc would destroy them by double digits. When Xavier is quite possibly your biggest game this year, I think that's an indication that your schedule is very, very soft. I'd have them as a 5 or 6th seed, not a 1 or a 2.
    They didn't have many key wins last year and they were a few free throws from a championship. They play great defense, their athleticism isn't just good for C-USA, it's good for anyone and they translate it into lockdown D.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
      They didn't have many key wins last year and they were a few free throws from a championship. They play great defense, their athleticism isn't just good for C-USA, it's good for anyone and they translate it into lockdown D.
      Their body of work last year is a lot better than this year. They had wins against Oklahoma, Siena, Georgetown, UCONN, USC, Arizona, and Gonzaga (I believe all of those teams made the dance). Their two key wins this year, Gonzaga who is overrated and Tennessee who is nothing like they were last year.

Not only did they have better wins, they played a tougher schedule last year. I don't see the hype at all with this years team. Last year for sure with Rose, CDR, Dozier, Dorsey, Anderson, Tabbert, etc...We'll see come tourney time but I see a rude awakening for Memphis if they get a tough matchup early.

I'd like to either see Memphis step into another conference or up their OOC schedule because their schedule this year was a joke. Even their "bracket buster" type games were against 2nd-3rd tier programs this year in the top 25.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
        Its apples & oranges comparing this years Memphis team to last years. They played a tougher schedule last year too. UConn, Arizona, much better Tennessee & Georgetown squads, Gonzaga, Cinci.

Then if you look at their roster, they had two NBA 1st rounders. Two senior big men starting. This squad is a lot less talented & a lot less tested. I think Memphis will get upset early by a team who can hit the 3.

Comment

• adschofield,

I really hope you are watching ESPN2 right now. Kansas down by 13 to Texas ******* Tech. And they just got a horrible charge call, Moonshine or whatever his name is was clearly moving on that play, very bad call.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
            adschofield,

I really hope you are watching ESPN2 right now. Kansas down by 13 to Texas ******* Tech. And they just got a horrible charge call, Moonshine or whatever his name is was clearly moving on that play, very bad call.
            I'm watching..and pulling my hair out concurrently...Ugly

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Just play zone the rest of this game and you'll win probably. Tech can't do **** against, nice adjustment by Selfie I must say.

Comment

• OU down 15 to Missouri

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What the **** Landry. We were only down one, don't have to shoot 3s.

Comment

• Elgin Bailey's season is prolly over, his ankle did not look good at all. Big win tonight, hopefully we can gain some momentum for a deep run in the SEC tourney.

Minnesota needs this win in a real bad way

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                    Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                    I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                    LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                      OU down 15 to Missouri
                      That would be huge for our RPI as well as yours, we both smashed the Tigers.

Comment

• Minnesota beats Wisconsin. Sweeps them for the season. This gives them 21 wins, at least a .500 record in the Big Ten (probably a winning one with the last game against Michigan at home) Along with wins over Louisville, Illinois, and Ohio State, you can put them in the tourney. :)
                        Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-04-2009, 10:40 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Lawrence Westbrook-2
                          Bucky Badger- 0

Comment

• Pretty bad loss, but we'll survive...Texas Tech hit about 20 3 points and Sherron went 3-19...Neither are going to happen on a regular basis.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• So what's the deal with Sam Young? Every time I watch Pitt the guy makes plays...seems to have nice size, a nice stroke, good finisher, and has some athleticism. Not much of an NBA Prospect?

Comment

• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                                We clinch it with a win against Texas Tech...Yeah, I'd say we've clinched the Big 12.
                                I don't need to comment on this, I'd say it speaks for itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information