• Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    My Upsets in my bracket:

USC over Boston College
    Michigan over Clemson
    Temple over Arizona State
    Cleveland State over Wake Forest
    Utah State over Marquette
    VCU over UCLA
    Well im a Michigan fan and I really don't like the Clemson matchup. Overly athletic teams give Michigan fits. Clemson has a plethora of 6'5-6'7 athletes that run up and down the court. I think Michigan will get worn down and we lack the ability to score quickly, we need to setup our offense and run our sets. Michigan is terrible on the fast break & Clemson is absolutely going to do everything in their power to speed the game up.

I also don't like the CSU pick at all. Wake Forest is a team that, to me, is built for a NCAA tourney win. They have a PG who can take a game over, and a bunch of versatile athletes. I know they can struggle against a good zone defense, but Cleveland State does not strike me as the team to shut them down.

I see Temple & ASU as sort of similar teams, both relying very heavily on a single player. Only ASU's player is better. And they have a more legit post presence.
    Last edited by El Peefs?????; 03-16-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• I think Michigan can and will make it rain 3 pointers against Clemson. Clemson's defense is extremely pourous. It's much easier to slow down games than it is to speed them up.

Cleveland State has one of the best defenses in the nation, and Wake really struggles to score often.

Temple plays much better defense than ASU and I think Christmas will score enough to beat ASU.

Right now, I have an all-Big East Final Four lol..UL, UCONN, Nova, and 'Cuse

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

I think Michigan can and will make it rain 3 pointers against Clemson. Clemson's defense is extremely pourous. It's much easier to slow down games than it is to speed them up.

Cleveland State has one of the best defenses in the nation, and Wake really struggles to score often.

Temple plays much better defense than ASU and I think Christmas will score enough to beat ASU.

Who does Temple have to match Pendergraph? Christmas and Harden will probably cancel each other out, but pendergraph will most def come strong in that game.

Comment

• I hate the Gophers matchup with Texas. The Longhorns are just much, much more talented. Who knows though, so was Louisville.

The West bracket is pathetic. IMO Uconn, Memphis, and Missouri are all overrated. Also unfortunately for Marquette they have no shot without James to get past the round of 32. I have Uconn coming out of the West right now, but I'm thinking long and hard about Washington.

And I'm headed to NDSU in the fall, therefore they will beat Kansas.

Actually before I got to this part of the post I decided to change from Uconn to Washington.

Final Four
          Louisville
          Pitt
          Oklahoma
          Washington

Final
          Pitt over Louisville

This will undoubtedly change over the next couple days.
          Last edited by yo123; 03-16-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I think Michigan can and will make it rain 3 pointers against Clemson. Clemson's defense is extremely pourous. It's much easier to slow down games than it is to speed them up.

With 'Nova winning it all, right? ;)

The thing I love about this team is we get contributions from everyone in some way shape or form on every night. Look at the box score the next day and Reggie Redding scored only 4 points, but had 11 dimes and 4 steals. A big key to our success is Dwayne Anderson. If we need a big play (usually a board or a stop, sometimes a bucket) he usually makes it, and if he doesn't then we usually don't pull out a close one.

The thing I don't like as much is that we have no one player who I can say will carry us through this tourney. But we have individual players who can carry us through games, it's absolutely no shock to see Cunningham, Reynolds, Fisher, or Stokes as our leading scorer and Anderson, Clark, and Redding all play huge roles. Pena can be very solid for us and is really very talented but he also is an idiot sometimes, easily the most frustrating player on the team though Reynolds and the Corey's can be also. Flashes of brilliance followed by head scratching plays. The other thing that hurts is lack of rotation beyond those guys, besides the obvious lack of height. No team in the East really has a tall guy that can dominate us though, Pittman gave us fits for Texas but I'm not sure they'll be there. Pitt obviously has Blair but we beat them, not to say we definitely will but it's certainly possible we win.

Comment

• My final four:

Wake, UConn, Villanova, UNC

UNC over UConn

Some upsets i got
              VCU over UCLA, Arizona over Utah, USC over BC, Maryland over Cal, Michigan over Clemson
              Really wanted to pick us but in a pool where the pot is 250 winner take all, I can't

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
              Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
              I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
              LOL props to Paul

Comment

• My upsets (I included 10's over 7's although they're kind of iffy)

Arizona over Utah
                USC over BC
                Maryland over California
                Wisconsin over Florida State
                VCU over UCLA
                Western Kentucky over Illinois
                NDSU over Kansas- This was one half homer, one half thinking that Kansas is overrated.

Three 12 over 5's might be too many, I may change one. Probably Wisky/FSU.
                Last edited by yo123; 03-16-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Michigan does make it rain 3's, they also are the worst 3 point shooting team in the Big 10. It isnt always easier to slow a game down than speed it up, especially at the college level. When you have a deep squad of athletes running a full court press an entire game against mediocre ball handlers ....

Cleveland State has one of the best defenses against Horizon league competition. They havent seen anyone like Teague, Johnson, & Aminu.
                  Last edited by El Peefs?????; 03-16-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                    My final four:

Wake, UConn, Villanova, UNC

UNC over UConn

Some upsets i got
                    VCU over UCLA, Arizona over Utah, USC over BC, Maryland over Cal, Michigan over Clemson
                    Really wanted to pick us but in a pool where the pot is 250 winner take all, I can't

Do it, as a pac guy, I can tell you that if your guards come to play, you guys match up well with the huskies. Vanardo>Brockman, it's just that the other guys on your team will need to show up too, because Isiah Thomas and crew will.

Comment

• Michigan is such a hot and cold team, it is hard to predict when they will show up. The fact that they live and die by the 3 isn't good news for them, regardless of who they play. I mean, 2 weeks ago they lost to Iowa because they couldn't hit a 3 and 2 days ago they demolished us because they couldn't miss (plus Sims beasted).

Comment

• I started out with Michigan but have since changed, mostly because of peefs haha.

Either way Trevor Booker and Deshawn Sims is going to be a great matchup to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                          Do it, as a pac guy, I can tell you that if your guards come to play, you guys match up well with the huskies. Vanardo>Brockman, it's just that the other guys on your team will need to show up too, because Isiah Thomas and crew will.
                          Thats the problem, Bost, Stewart, and Turner have been very inconsistent all year. Jarvis is a top 5 big man in college ball and did a great job on Chism today (just 5-17) but Brockman is the best guy he's played all year. I really want to pick them but Bost and Turner just scare me a little too much. I got til thursday to make up my mind though haha

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                          Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                          I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                          LOL props to Paul

Comment

• Sims is a beast if we actually can get him the ball in the post. I mean this is also affected by the talent/size of the opponents post players, but a lot of games Michigan simply doesnt feed the ball low to Sims and he has to come out around the 3 point line to get the ball. Both of the PG we play are former walk on's and our SF leads the team in assists (majority of which are drive + kick). Michigan isn't a great passing team and we struggle at post entry.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                              Sims is a beast if we actually can get him the ball in the post. I mean this is also affected by the talent/size of the opponents post players, but a lot of games Michigan simply doesnt feed the ball low to Sims and he has to come out around the 3 point line to get the ball.
                              Yup, and I don't understand it. That is just terrible coaching imo. See Iowa game 1 vs. Iowa game 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Yup, and I don't understand it. That is just terrible coaching imo. See Iowa game 1 vs. Iowa game 2.
                                I edited my post after you posted this, but it isn't just coaching. Both of our PG didnt earn their scholarships until this (their last of eligibility) year. Manny Harris has good assist totals, but thats from drawing the defense on his drives and kicking it. CJ Lee is the teams leader, can setup the offense, plays as hard as anyone in the country, but he isnt an amazing PG. Then we play 3 freshman a lot of minutes. Passing is not this teams strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information