College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    But the point of the 16 seed is basically to give the 1 seed a free game. Arizona and Wisconsin are much better than 16 seed teams.
    I'm saying that Arizona/Wisconsin should play for the final 12 seed not the final 16 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
      That's true. Good call.

I think everyone could agree that Arizona/Wisconsin would be a much better game than Morehead vs ASU.
      Yes. And it's not even like the play in game has to be for 16. Give those smaller schools with no chance the 15 and 16 seeds still. But like you said, make the play in game for the final 12 seed or whatever, so that we can see 2 decent, bigger/more known teams actually have to earn the last spot. Not only does it make them earn the spot/not take away from the 16 seeds that earned it, but it would be an intense game.

Comment

• I've got in 1 pick wrong so far. Damn you LSU! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
          I'm saying that Arizona/Wisconsin should play for the final 12 seed not the final 16 seed.
          Well I guess that's what I get for not reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I don't claim to be unbiased, but I like Minnesota's odds tonight.
            I like Minnesota tonight as well. More of a hunch than anything else, but they're a solid team and Texas has really struggled lately. Wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong, but that's the pick I made in most of my brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              I like Minnesota tonight as well. More of a hunch than anything else, but they're a solid team and Texas has really struggled lately. Wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong, but that's the pick I made in most of my brackets.
              Yeah, same here. Just got a gut feeling to go with Minnesota.

Then again, I had a gut feeling to go with UNI, so... :/

Comment

Washington will definitely beat UConn IMO. Brockman can get Thabeet into foul trouble, and after that, it's done. This is the same UConn team that lost first round last year, just a year more experienced.

I have them in the Final Four. Washington has really been overlooked, especially since their bracket is so weak. Isiah Thomas has been flying under the radar this year and should be right there with Tyreke Evans in the freshman of the year race imo.

Comment

• It's such a good idea. I don't know why they don't do it. Honestly, I've never watched a play-in game in my life. But if Arizona was playing Wisconsin on Tuesday night, I would have been watching. Also where was the Morehead/Alabama St. game played? How empty was the arena? They stand to make more money between attendance and ratings by doing it the way suggested here.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    I have them in the Final Four. Washington has really been overlooked, especially since their bracket is so weak. Isiah Thomas has been flying under the radar this year and should be right there with Tyreke Evans in the freshman of the year race imo.
                    I totally disagree on the weak bracket. If I were to rank my 10 teams most likely to win it all in the tourney, Connecticut, Memphis, and Missouri would all be in it.

Conversly, I think the South is pretty weak. Outside of North Carolina I think Gonzaga is probably the next strongest team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I totally disagree on the weak bracket. If I were to rank my 10 teams most likely to win it all in the tourney, Connecticut, Memphis, and Missouri would all be in it.

eh, Memphis hasn't really beaten anyone other than Gonzaga this year. I know that point has been beaten into the ground but in the past they haven't seemed to be very disciplined. Last year their talent made up for it but I don't see the same talent on this team.

Missouri is way too up and down for my tastes, and I can't see them putting together six wins in a row over good teams.

I could see Uconn, but I've seen Washington play a lot this year and I really like them. They're very balanced with Brockman inside and good guard play in Thomas and Dentmon.

Comment

Yeah, same here. Just got a gut feeling to go with Minnesota.

Then again, I had a gut feeling to go with UNI, so... :/
                        Haha same here, thus the lack of confidence in my Minnesota gut feeling.

Comment

• I'm in a tourney where you get points based on the seeding of the teams (ie: if the #2 seed wins you get 2 points, if the #15 seed wins you get 15).

I've got Morgan State over Oklahoma tonight. Probably the most likely 15 seed upset.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm in a tourney where you get points based on the seeding of the teams (ie: if the #2 seed wins you get 2 points, if the #15 seed wins you get 15).

I've got Morgan State over Oklahoma tonight. Probably the most likely 15 seed upset.
                            If Blake Griffin gets in foul trouble I wouldn't count you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              It's such a good idea. I don't know why they don't do it. Honestly, I've never watched a play-in game in my life. But if Arizona was playing Wisconsin on Tuesday night, I would have been watching. Also where was the Morehead/Alabama St. game played? How empty was the arena? They stand to make more money between attendance and ratings by doing it the way suggested here.
                              I believe it was at Dayton because the winner plays Louisville in Dayton.

The only point I see them making is that although some teams are the last ones in, the 16 seeds is technically lower than a 12. And so being the worst possible seed, the playin game is to see who plays the top overall seed. That logic makes sense, but I just feel like having a more competitive game, between more recognized programs that don't have an auto bid is both more exciting and would bring in more money from attendance and TV viewing.

Comment

Washington will definitely beat UConn IMO. Brockman can get Thabeet into foul trouble, and after that, it's done. This is the same UConn team that lost first round last year, just a year more experienced.
                                Thabeet does not get into foul trouble. Happens maybe once every 15 games-ish. There are only 2 players in CB that can give Thabeet trouble, and they're Hansbrough and Blair.

Wasington is overrated anyway. They're killing a weak looking Miss St squad. Great.

We're not the same team as last year. Last year, Thabeet was useless offensively, Adrien had an average mid-range game, Price couldn't shoot 3s, Edwards got barely any minutes and we didn't have Kemba Walker.

On the negative end, Austrie has regressed as a shooter and Dyson is injured.

Kansas had multiple early exits before winning the tourney last year. If anything it should be a positive that we're the same team as last year considering how players usually improve every year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information