No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait you're a Miami football fan and a UConn basketball fan? How did that work when they were both in the Big East?

Comment

• bout to be 10-0

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Wait you're a Miami football fan and a UConn basketball fan? How did that work when they were both in the Big East?
        lol.

I've been a UConn fan since Denham Brown signed (2003 I believe).

I've been a Miami fan (football) since 2003 as well. It just sort of happened. I cheered for Miami against OSU and then I've been a fan ever since, although I wasn't a serious fan until 2005, starting with the ****** loss to FSU in the opener and culminating in the LSU blowout in the bowl game. I still don't really know why I became a Miami fan....I used to be a Dolphins fan and I would always buy Canes and Dolphins gear, but then I became a Bucs fan in 2002.

idk...it's weird being a huge football fan and living in Canada. Fanhood just comes randomly.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I am 8-0 right now... but it gets interesting tonight. I have

OU
          Minn
          Duke
          VCU
          WKU
          Nova
          Mich
          Gonzaga

Comment

• Minnesota wins the tip... and thus the game?

Certainly off to a good start.

Comment

• Pittman is huge compared to Ralph Sampson. Ralph will fill out his body eventually, but he ain't there yet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                Thabeet does not get into foul trouble. Happens maybe once every 15 games-ish. There are only 2 players in CB that can give Thabeet trouble, and they're Hansbrough and Blair.

Wasington is overrated anyway. They're killing a weak looking Miss St squad. Great.

We're not the same team as last year. Last year, Thabeet was useless offensively, Adrien had an average mid-range game, Price couldn't shoot 3s, Edwards got barely any minutes and we didn't have Kemba Walker.

On the negative end, Austrie has regressed as a shooter and Dyson is injured.

Kansas had multiple early exits before winning the tourney last year. If anything it should be a positive that we're the same team as last year considering how players usually improve every year.
                I am guessing that was the first UW game you have seen. Isiah played horrible compared to what he normally does and Brockman is the most underrated player in the league. He is a beast in the post and rebounds better than Thabeet. He is the 3rd best rebounder in Pac X history. and historically the Pac X > Big East. But Venoy played really well and Dentman played really well. Q-Pon is a great wing and I dont think UConn can match up with UW's quickness and strength in the post. Isiah took it inside on the best shotblocker in america fearlessly, so I am guessing he is not losing sleep on seeing UCONN after they beat Purdue.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Michigan is shooting horrible. This one could get ugly.

Comment

• Great start by Minnesota, but Ralph Sampson matching up with Pittman is absolutely not going to work. We need to bring Iverson in to guard him.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Michigan is shooting horrible. This one could get ugly.

They have to shoot the 3 well to have a chance. Here's to hoping they heat up!

Lucky for them Clemson can't shoot either right now.

Comment

• March Madness On Demand should be how Internet streams should be. It's worked flawlessly for me so far.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                          They have to shoot the 3 well to have a chance. Here's to hoping they heat up!

Lucky for them Clemson can't shoot either right now.
                          Shooting is the only thing Michigan does real well. When Michigan shoots well they can beat just about anyone. When they shoot poorly they will struggle to beat just about anyone.

Clemson is keeping U-M in this game because they are chucking up threes. They aren't a three point shooting team. It's alright, considering how this game started I will gladly take a 2-point lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                            I am guessing that was the first UW game you have seen. Isiah played horrible compared to what he normally does and Brockman is the most underrated player in the league. He is a beast in the post and rebounds better than Thabeet. He is the 3rd best rebounder in Pac X history. and historically the Pac X > Big East. But Venoy played really well and Dentman played really well. Q-Pon is a great wing and I dont think UConn can match up with UW's quickness and strength in the post. Isiah took it inside on the best shotblocker in america fearlessly, so I am guessing he is not losing sleep on seeing UCONN after they beat Purdue.
                            Yeah, I don't watch Pac-10 basketball, but nothing impressed me about Washington.

I don't even think UConn is that good, but you're picking all the wrong things to point out. "I don't think UConn can match up with UW's quickness and strength".......???? We're talking about Thabeet, Adrien and Robinson. Some of the quickest and best interior defenders at their respective positions. You have to be crazy to think you're gonna beat us in the post with quickness and strength.

Varnado is an individual shotblocker, and he was in foul trouble all game. We have a defensive system that consistently ranks among the best in the game in shotblocking. We foul less than any team in CB. Nothing short of DeJuan Blair or an NBA big man can last in the paint against us.

I hope your players aren't losing sleep over the thought of playing us. Confident, aggressive inside scorers are the ones that suffer the most because they put up shots that come back to them unexpectedly. It's guys like Harangody that gameplan against our D and stay away from the rim that have success.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Washington has gotten too much undue hype in the tourney. I think they lose to Purdue. I think UCLA is the better Pac 10 tourney team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Dang...only miss so far was the MISS st game. I had high hopes for that upset. Either way, I have purdue winning the next game so it doesn't really matter.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information