College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    Markus Kennedy, a 2010 big guy, will commit to Villanova tomorrow per Adam Zagoria. Looks like it purely came down to 'Nova being closer to home for him.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/28/m...on/#more-15853
    He's down to Nova, WVU and Temple. Should pick Temple since it's still close, and he can actually play here rather than riding the pine at Nova.
    Temple University Owls

Comment

• we've figured for a while hes been going to 'nova

adrian payne, come on down

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
        He's down to Nova, WVU and Temple. Should pick Temple since it's still close, and he can actually play here rather than riding the pine at Nova.
        He's announcing his verbal decision today in like 5 minutes, and sources say that he's going to announce he's going to Nova, that's all I was posting. There's an article on philly.com as well. Nothing official but it seems like that's going to be his decision barring something shocking. Despite what the article says he's been down to WVU and 'Nova for awhile per rivals, seems like that's what it more or less came down to anyways. And he will definitely get minutes here.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...his_dream.html

Comment

He's announcing his verbal decision today in like 5 minutes, and sources say that he's going to announce he's going to Nova, that's all I was posting. There's an article on philly.com as well. Nothing official but it seems like that's going to be his decision barring something shocking. Despite what the article says he's been down to WVU and 'Nova for awhile per rivals, seems like that's what it more or less came down to anyways. And he will definitely get minutes here.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...his_dream.html
          No, he's been down to Nova, WVU and Temple.

Anyway, Allan Chaney should hopefully visit Temple soon. Kansas State transfer Ron Anderson made an official visit the other day.
          Temple University Owls

Comment

• Latavious Williams to decide Monday

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/29/w...nday/#comments

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• I hope Markus has a comfortable seat on the bench.
              Temple University Owls

Comment

I hope Markus has a comfortable seat on the bench.
                If he was a backcourt guy, I could maybe see what you're saying. But 'Nova has no depth in the front court, wants to be built as a power team, and has liked him for quite some time. There's clearly a plan for this kid, and I think he's going to have a great career here and be a fantastic player for Jay Wright and staff. There's a reason the scholarship offer for him stayed on the table as opposed to recruiting some other more highly touted guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  KM is awful at everything. Kentlake has the #1 Long Jumper in the nation. Top that.
                  If by 'awful' you mean 'totally awesome' then yes, KM is just that. Kentlake is in the middle of nowhere.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

If he was a backcourt guy, I could maybe see what you're saying. But 'Nova has no depth in the front court, wants to be built as a power team, and has liked him for quite some time. There's clearly a plan for this kid, and I think he's going to have a great career here and be a fantastic player for Jay Wright and staff. There's a reason the scholarship offer for him stayed on the table as opposed to recruiting some other more highly touted guy.
                    As I said previously in this thread, they'll recruit a top frontcourt player to take his minutes. He would've started at Temple (or at the least been the 6th man).
                    Temple University Owls

Comment

As I said previously in this thread, they'll recruit a top frontcourt player to take his minutes. He would've started at Temple (or at the least been the 6th man).
                      I still think he's a starter his sophomore year at the latest. There are no other high quality bigs on this team, and we are recruiting no other high quality bigs in 2010 or 2011. Mouph Yarou, if he stays for his soph year, will be the only person locked into a starting spot, and Kennedy would be a fantastic compliment. He knows he's going to have to work hard and practice well to get minutes so it's not like he's in the dark there, but I think he will and if he does the sky is the limit.

The staff wanted him over any other big that they could get in 2010 and has wanted him for awhile, being the first school to offer him a scholarship. He also chose a school where he was comfortable with the staff and their goals for the players, as long as the academics.

I understand he probably had a good shot to get play time, but I can't blame him for committing to 'Nova and because he's been a personal favorite among 2010 recruits for quite some time, I'm glad he did commit to come here.

Comment

I still think he's a starter his sophomore year at the latest. There are no other high quality bigs on this team, and we are recruiting no other high quality bigs in 2010 or 2011. Mouph Yarou, if he stays for his soph year, will be the only person locked into a starting spot, and Kennedy would be a fantastic compliment. He knows he's going to have to work hard and practice well to get minutes so it's not like he's in the dark there, but I think he will and if he does the sky is the limit.

The staff wanted him over any other big that they could get in 2010 and has wanted him for awhile, being the first school to offer him a scholarship. He also chose a school where he was comfortable with the staff and their goals for the players, as long as the academics.

I understand he probably had a good shot to get play time, but I can't blame him for committing to 'Nova and because he's been a personal favorite among 2010 recruits for quite some time, I'm glad he did commit to come here.
                        Cmon man, he picked Nova over Temple because we're not in a major conference, and he'll get big time exposure. How much he plays remains to be seen. Jay Wright is also one of the slickest salesmen in college recruiting. Dunph ****** up by not offering first.
                        Temple University Owls

Comment

• I hope Mississippi St. gets Renardo Sidney, seems like a possibility.

Comment

Cmon man, he picked Nova over Temple because we're not in a major conference, and he'll get big time exposure. How much he plays remains to be seen. Jay Wright is also one of the slickest salesmen in college recruiting. Dunph ****** up by not offering first.
                            I think you're oversimplifying it. The early offer and emphasis on graduating guys were huge factors as well. Comfort level with the staff and school can't hurt either. 'Nova is ANYTHING but a school to stay at for a year or two and jump to the NBA. The conference may have been why Temple was eliminated, but it's not always as simple as where the program is and what conference they play in. There were certainly other factors.

Obviously the chance to come in and play for a very successful team in a good conference with good guards that can get him the ball helps. He said that the tourney run and what we did with minimal big men was a factor, I'm sure he sees this as an opportunity to make some noise on a team that doesn't have many talented bigs but still does well. But in that case, he feels that he can get nearly as much or as much play time here as he could at Temple. Whether he's right or not remains to be seen, but if he works hard he will be and it's nice to have the confidence.

And I dunno what you're talking about with Wright being a slick salesman in recruiting, the guy is straight up with all of our recruits. Everybody comes in saying that they don't know how much they'll play but they know they need to work to get minutes, and he basically TOLD Tyreke Evans to go to Memphis. He gets guys that are sold on the type of program he runs and are willing to work to come in and play because they know they're not guaranteed minutes.

Comment

And I dunno what you're talking about with Wright being a slick salesman in recruiting, the guy is straight up with all of our recruits. Everybody comes in saying that they don't know how much they'll play but they know they need to work to get minutes, and he basically TOLD Tyreke Evans to go to Memphis. He gets guys that are sold on the type of program he runs and are willing to work to come in and play because they know they're not guaranteed minutes.
                              I didnt mean that negatively; he's one of the best recruiters in the country. Something *does* seem a little off about him, though. I think our joke on some of the boards is they get nice cars for coming to Nova :P
                              Temple University Owls

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                I hope Mississippi St. gets Renardo Sidney, seems like a possibility.
                                USC and UCLA don't want him...something is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information