No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not a good situation at all, I know that much. Pitino brought in an old assistant of his Ralph Willard... Willard left his job at Holy Cross as the HC to be Pitino's lead assistant. When this move was made, we all figured there might be a chance Pitino doesn't coach this year or at least for a portion and Willard would take control.

Granted, there's been no mention of Pitino not coaching this year and everything I've heard points to him coaching. I doubt he will be around much longer.

UK vs. UL this year is going to be EPIC. Thank God it's at Rupp WOOHOOO! Those tickets will go for insane money.
    Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 08-12-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Who hasn't had sex with a random woman, then paid for her abortion?

It's a hobby of mine...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Rick Pitino is a pimp
        Originally posted by njx9
        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
          Who hasn't had sex with a random woman, then paid for her abortion?

It's a hobby of mine...

If you are a soccer player. . .
          Originally posted by njx9
          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
            If you are a soccer player. . .
            Or possibly a Duke Lacrosse player...

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              ther is no way any parent lets their kid go to play for him now.might have to resign
              he better not resign before Kentucky owns UL this year . . .

On Andrew Luck
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• At least he paid her for the abortion. Honestly, the abortion thing should be a non-issue. Sure, some people are bothered by it, but it's 100% legal. He cheated on his wife. Big deal. Nobody is going to play for him because of this? C'mon....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• One thing that strikes me is that everyone is saying how appauled they are with this story. I was watching Sportscenter and listening to ESPN Radio on my way to school this morning and everyone was saying how they wouldn't expect Coach K, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo or someone like Thad Matta (just using OSU for an example) to do something like this.

How do you know? No one in there right mind expected this to unfold like this with Pitino...

Roy Williams could be cheating on his wife by having sex with some woman in a resturant as I'm typing this...
                  Last edited by JFLO; 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• America is full of total hypocrites, especially when it comes to sex and marriage. This is nothing new.

Honestly, I have no idea what the big deal is. He ****** a lady in a restaraunt. Good job coach.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• People are making a big deal about it because he's married and because in the initial allegations of rape Pitino said that he never had sex with the woman.

Now it comes out that they did have sex, but Pitino says it was consensual. It's big news because Pitino lied in his original testimony.

Comment

• its a far bigger deal that he didnt get Tyler or Melo to come to Louisville than this is.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• When it comes to woman and marriage, Pitino doesn't exactly have the highest standards. He's always been that way, who knows how many times he cheated on his wife but it's more than once. It was a problem at Kentucky as well.

I really don't have a problem with what he did, it doesn't impact his ability to coach nor does it make him a bad person, certainly not the most ethical one though lol. However, the big thing here is that a LOT of people won't view it that way. I'm certain there will be recruits parents that won't even consider Pitino because of this whether you agree with it or not.

Regardless, I don't think Pitino has many years left in the tank despite this. It is an odd story though. Nail your equipment managers wife in a restaurant then pay for her abortion. It happened 6 years ago on top of it.

Just an odd story. He had a press conference today but he's going to have to hit the PR trail. I feel like this will go away with time but student sections all over the country won't forget.

Everyone has already forgot about Andy Kennedy getting hammered and cussing at/yelling racial slurs to his cab driver. Pitino is more high profile no doubt but our attention span isn't much.

Comment

• Something I find funny about this is they did it at the restaurant. Nobody even mentioned how idiotic that is. Hey Coach, is that smart? Could you imagine the controversy if he was caught even then? That's a big risk.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                              Something I find funny about this is they did it at the restaurant. Nobody even mentioned how idiotic that is. Hey Coach, is that smart? Could you imagine the controversy if he was caught even then? That's a big risk.
                              But that's half the fun lol

Comment

• i don't really care about the abortion thing. More power to ya Rick! I have heard from several people (a couple uk students) that billy clyde liked the college girls so i really don't care that slick rick squeezed a piece on the side. Pitino has some good years of coaching ahead of him.

On Andrew Luck
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information