College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    Vacating wins is the biggest joke in college basketball. Everyone knows they won those games and it doesn't affect them in the future at all. If you're going to punish them take away some scholarships.
    Illinois is back to having the most wins in a single season though, so that makes me happy. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      Vacating wins is the biggest joke in college basketball. Everyone knows they won those games and it doesn't affect them in the future at all. If you're going to punish them take away some scholarships.
      True although it would have been nice if they won the title and the NCAA took back the trophy. Still though the NCAA will force them to take the banner of the championship run out of the rafters. Also it doesn't make Rose look like the smartest tool in the shed.
      Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 08-21-2009, 04:35 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• They shouldn't vacate wins, they should brain the players and coaches...that way they wouldn't remember the wins.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          True although it would have been nice if they won the title and the NCAA took back the trophy. Still though the NCAA will force them to take the banner of the championship run out of the rafters. Also it doesn't make Rose look like the smartest tool in the shed.
          If you really watched him and listened too him, you would already know Rose wasn't a smart kid.

His play on the court, however, arouses me everytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            Calipari has said he's trying to get a huge double header going at a big arena (MSG possibly) between some of the elite teams in the nation. Seems like UK, UNC and Kansas are up for it. He keeps trying to get Duke but says they won't play anyone away from home. Syracuse could be the 4th team. It would be a one night doubleheader. I think it would be great for college basketball.

I'm almost certain UK and KU will have a series going in the very near future.
            considering Memphis was appearantly on the schedule before Cal left Memphis.I'd say there's better then a 99% chance it happens

Comment

• how relieved is the NCAA now that Kansas came back and won and they did'nt have to vacate a title

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

Very true, did he really think he was going to get away with that? There's nothing sneaky about having someone else just flat out take your test for you.

But I really don't think the banner will bother them that much, the Gophers had to vacate their final four season in 96-97 and it's not like Gopher fans just forgot it ever happened. I just have never understood this.
                Last edited by yo123; 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Derrick needs to get rid of Reggie Rose. That guy is going to be nothing but problems for him, even though he is his brother.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Eloy Vargas released from UF

http://community.foxsports.com/goodm...as_visiting_ky

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Derrick needs to get rid of Reggie Rose. That guy is going to be nothing but problems for him, even though he is his brother.
                      I understand loving your family and taking care of them, but you should never have family involved with your handling/business as far as I'm concerned. You need a 3rd party for that. It should be someone who either went to school for it or has a lot of experience in the field.

Idk what Reggie does or if he's involved in any way besides being his brother, but at this point in his career Derrick just needs to tell him to be his brother away from basketball and everything and to stay away for the most part.

Comment

• rumors are flying Brandon Knight is going to attend Late Night At The Phog

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                          I understand loving your family and taking care of them, but you should never have family involved with your handling/business as far as I'm concerned. You need a 3rd party for that. It should be someone who either went to school for it or has a lot of experience in the field.

Idk what Reggie does or if he's involved in any way besides being his brother, but at this point in his career Derrick just needs to tell him to be his brother away from basketball and everything and to stay away for the most part.
                          Derrick will do anything Reggie tells him to do, that's the problem. I agree, he needs to get rid of him from the business/financial part of his life. I also think Reggie has bad intentions and is in it more for himself than for Derrick.

Comment

• Billy Gillispie was arrested for the 3rd time on DUI charges last night.

At 3 in the morning he told the cop that him and his buddy were coming home from golfing lol, their golf outing ended at noon.

He's a train wreck, he'd be lucky to get a mid-major job at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              Billy Gillispie was arrested for the 3rd time on DUI charges last night.

At 3 in the morning he told the cop that him and his buddy were coming home from golfing lol, their golf outing ended at noon.

He's a train wreck, he'd be lucky to get a mid-major job at this point.

now THAT's a scary mugshot

Comment

• http://blog.canoe.ca/courtside/2009/...pe_tristan_tho

Tristan Thompson kicked off his team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information