College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enes kanter going to mountain state (west virginia) instead of findlay prep

gotta think we have a very good shot at landing him if we dont get payne/harris

state's coach is a big huggins fans, plus we have another kid from turkey on the team

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
      http://blog.canoe.ca/courtside/2009/...pe_tristan_tho

Tristan Thompson kicked off his team.
      That's real old, like last season. He's been playing somewhere else ever since, for some reason I think it's Findlay though I could be wrong. You had me thinking he got kicked off his team again, once is bad enough.

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
      enes kanter going to mountain state (west virginia) instead of findlay prep

gotta think we have a very good shot at landing him if we dont get payne/harris

state's coach is a big huggins fans, plus we have another kid from turkey on the team

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/
      Definitely think WVU has a good shot at Kanter, I've said it from the beginning. I do think it would be interesting to get some more details on his recruitment though since his case is so unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        That's real old, like last season. He's been playing somewhere else ever since, for some reason I think it's Findlay though I could be wrong. You had me thinking he got kicked off his team again, once is bad enough.

Definitely think WVU has a good shot at Kanter, I've said it from the beginning. I do think it would be interesting to get some more details on his recruitment though since his case is so unique.
        how so? deniz kilic came from turkey before his senior year also

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
          how so? deniz kilic came from turkey before his senior year also
          How so details on his recruitment or...?

Comment

How so details on his recruitment or...?
            oh, kilici came to mountain st academy from turkey his sr year; once he was here, he got offers from a bunch of big time schools

one of his teammates noah cottrill, has been committed to wvu since he was a freshman (class of 2011); he visited wvu and liked huggs, and committed

his recruitment was fairly easy

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

oh, kilici came to mountain st academy from turkey his sr year; once he was here, he got offers from a bunch of big time schools

one of his teammates noah cottrill, has been committed to wvu since he was a freshman (class of 2011); he visited wvu and liked huggs, and committed

his recruitment was fairly easy
              That's pretty sweet. Yeah I'd definitely be interested to hear exactly who has offered Kanter, what his decision making process is going to be like, etc. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up at WVU though, particularly after that. The basketball program is going to be consistently tough in the Big East with Huggins at the helm.

Comment

• well, hes supposed to be arriving in wv tonight or tomorrow, so i imagine we'll know some more within the week

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

well, hes supposed to be arriving in wv tonight or tomorrow, so i imagine we'll know some more within the week
                  Cool, keep us posted if you hear anything that's on a more WVU related site that most of us wouldn't get on some of the more broad sites...

Comment

Cool, keep us posted if you hear anything that's on a more WVU related site that most of us wouldn't get on some of the more broad sites...
                    will do....would be a huge get for us

nice to have options...payne, harris, kanter

his coach is a huggs fan

i wonder if huggs talked him into this

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

**** lol. I searched his name on google and that article came up with the timestamp showing that day's date. I was surprised no one had said anything yet.

Typical useless Canadian news site with misleading information.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                        **** lol. I searched his name on google and that article came up with the timestamp showing that day's date. I was surprised no one had said anything yet.

Typical useless Canadian news site with misleading information.
                        Haha ahhhh tricky tricky, damn Canadians. I was wondering why you thought it was so recent, that makes sense, certainly would've fooled me lol. He's actually been interesting because his stock has been dropping a lot recently but he clearly has oodles of potential. Still, getting kicked off a team again would be real bad for him.

Tough for a guy that talented to get kicked off a team anyway, St. Ben's isn't exactly hurting for good basketball players but they aren't doing as well as St. Pat's right now. Not sure how to compare them to St. Ant's but still for one of the big 3 NJ Catholic private schools you want to be the top, and with or without Thompson they probably aren't there so he must have really done something relatively major.

Comment

• I'm just going to leave this here....

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• James McAdoo to UNC.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                              James McAdoo to UNC.
                              Ah poop!

I thought McAdoo was the only legit prospect that UCONN had a shot with but it's still only 2009.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                                Ah poop!

I thought McAdoo was the only legit prospect that UCONN had a shot with but it's still only 2009.
                                You're a UCONN fan? Nice.

We're still in on Brandon Knight, but he could very well end up anywhere (UF, Miami, Duke, etc.)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information