College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JFLO View Post
    I cannot stand Osiris Eldridge...he had one good game in the tournament and acted like he was Kobe Bryant.

He has a stroke, but he is streaky and still really raw.
    Yeah, he is raw. I have met the man several times and it makes me more bias because he is one of the most humble people I have ever met. This summer and fall he has spent every minute in the gym. He spent a whole week with OJ Mayo working on his jumper. As a small school guy I love him and I love the fact that he knows that he needs to be a hard worker to make it to the NBA. He is super talented and I hope he breaks out this year.

Also to the fiesty defender, he was the best defensive player in the Valley last year. I can see him actually becoming a defensive stopper at the next level. I see if he doesn't suceed becoming a Bruce Bowen. A guy who will stop a guy at any cost and hit the open three.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Check out my boy Rodney Williams winning the Gopher slam dunk competition

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...DB_OEM_ID=8400

Link on right, Rodney Williams dunk.

Such a nice kid. He won't play much but god damn the kid can dunk the ball.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
          Check out my boy Rodney Williams winning the Gopher slam dunk competition

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...DB_OEM_ID=8400

Link on right, Rodney Williams dunk.

Such a nice kid. He won't play much but god damn the kid can dunk the ball.

Rodney is one of the best athletes I've ever seen. At any level.

Hopefully Tubby can work with him and make him a solid player by his junior/senior year.

Comment

• Duke's CTC Dunk Contest Video's...

http://www.youtube.com/user/KristiWC.../9/Hd9BrtNqT18

Sig by BoneKrusher

Panthers / Duke / Tennessee / Clemson / Bobcats

1-4

Formerly known as Smash-N-Dash.

Comment

• appearantly Doron Lamb and Josh Selby and their parents really enjoyed their visit to KU

Comment

• Vander Blue commits to Marquette, probably saw that coming a mile away but still a really good pick up IMO. I like Blue's game, solid all around player. He's not explosive in any real attribute, but he contributes in big ways.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Vander Blue commits to Marquette, probably saw that coming a mile away but still a really good pick up IMO. I like Blue's game, solid all around player. He's not explosive in any real attribute, but he contributes in big ways.
                  I watched one of his AAU games where his teammate had a breakaway for an uncontested layup, but chose to throw it off the backboard for Blue to dunk. Vander missed the dunk and the other team got the ball back. His team was down by 2 at this point. Very fundamentally sound bunch.

Comment

• So incredibly excited for basketball season. November 2nd my world is right lol.

Comment

My comparison would be a poor mans version of Mo Williams.

Undersized guard who is lights out when he is on his game but other than that nothing really shines out. Eldridge is a feisty defender but he plays too aggressive at times.

He'll most likely end up in Europe.
                      Mo Williams? You realize that Osiris is an immense athlete right? You also realize that he's not a point guard?

I really don't know who I would compare him to but it's definitely not Mo Williams.

Osiris has NBA potential. He needs to find consistency on both ends of the floor and I think he's more than capable of doing that. He's a hard worker (as db mentioned) and has some sick talent.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        Mo Williams? You realize that Osiris is an immense athlete right? You also realize that he's not a point guard?

I really don't know who I would compare him to but it's definitely not Mo Williams.

Osiris has NBA potential. He needs to find consistency on both ends of the floor and I think he's more than capable of doing that. He's a hard worker (as db mentioned) and has some sick talent.
                        I think his career could go one of two ways. He becomes a defensive first player for quicker point guards and able to shoot the open three or he becomes a 6th or 7th man like Vinnie Johnson who can put up numbers quickly and carry a team through a quarter. I think the most recent prospect he is similar to is Courtney Lee. While a couple inches shorter than Lee I think are similar athletically and being talented offensively in college, the first couple years in the NBA the strength defensively will get them playing time.

Edit: I also am not saying he is as good a prospect as Courtney Lee, but similar.

Comment

• I like the Courtney Lee comparison because they share the same physical traits. Both undersized two guards but are versatile on offense and can defend.

As you said Osiris has a future in the NBA because he's not a one-dimensional player. I do think he could work on his ball handling and distribution more but he's got some really nice potential at the next level.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Titletown (and any other Duke followers):

http://deadspin.com/5384442/duke-is-...e-melodramatic

What the **** is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              I like the Courtney Lee comparison because they share the same physical traits. Both undersized two guards but are versatile on offense and can defend.

As you said Osiris has a future in the NBA because he's not a one-dimensional player. I do think he could work on his ball handling and distribution more but he's got some really nice potential at the next level.
                              Yes he gets way to wild when on top of the key and REFUSES to go left. He loves his baseline moves and using the reverse lay-up which is much better defended at the next level because the Big Men cover it up better. He leaves a lot to be desired distributing. That is exactly what the NBA scouts told him when he was at camps last year.

Comment

• Five-star forward Terrence Jones of Portland, Ore., has trimmed his list to five and is no longer considering Arizona or Kansas.

Jones will choose from among Oklahoma, Washington, UCLA, Kentucky and Oregon, according to his mother, Linda Mashia-Jones.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information