No announcement yet.

College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look out everyone, Iowa just beat Prairie View by 29.

You can pretty much just pencil us in to the Final Four.

Comment

• Nice for 'Nova to get a win over a Maryland team that should be a tourney team. Still, this team has a long way to go. They're maddeningly inconsistent on both ends of the floor, foul far too much, and don't just flat out dominate teams. Seems like every game the opponent is in it for quite some time, particularly against the better teams on the schedule. Hopefully they improve as the frosh come out and they get players (at least Redding) back.

Comment

• The fact that Maryland kept it close despite giving up 16 3 pointers is incredible

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          The fact that Maryland kept it close despite giving up 16 3 pointers is incredible
          Well they did shoot 52.8% from the field, which accounts for that. The 16 threes is a little deceptive too, because 'Nova only shot 41% from deep. Not like they were making half of their shots or more. Impressive, but really just a good game shooting the ball. Maryland shot a better percentage from the field, the stripe, and deep. Offensive rebounds and turnovers are really what made the difference, IMO. Particularly the offensive boards.

Comment

• KU played their C game and won by double digits.UCLA has zero offense to speak of

Comment

• I'll be streaming the Texas game online tonight at 9:30 if anyone wants to watch it. PM me for the details

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                KU played their C game and won by double digits.UCLA has zero offense to speak of
                That was a very solid OOC game when it was scheduled, kind of sucks for it to be viewed as an easy one given how bad UCLA sucks this year.

For those of you who didn't get to witness Blue Jesus the other day. I hope beyond hope we can make the Final Four so I can go to see Wall/Patterson in their last UK game.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                  That was a very solid OOC game when it was scheduled, kind of sucks for it to be viewed as an easy one given how bad UCLA sucks this year.

For those of you who didn't get to witness Blue Jesus the other day. I hope beyond hope we can make the Final Four so I can go to see Wall/Patterson in their last UK game.

yeah I pray UT does'nt skid or our OOC will really suck

Comment

• Your OOC isn't that bad. Memphis, Cal and Michigan are solid games even though they're not top 25 right now.

Tennessee at Thompson-Boling is a very strong OOC game. Tennessee has played very solid this year and they play well at home.

Comment

• Austin Freeman looks much improved from last season..his shot actually looks smooth as ever
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                      Coples is that dude.
                      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Greg Monroe deserves recognition as one of the top big men in college basketball. Everyone knows producing statistically is tough at G'Town but he is putting up big numbers. His improved rebounding is very impressive and he is probably the top passing big man in the college game. His offensive game is so smooth with great touch and he runs the floor and helps on D like a guard. I actually think this G'Town team is a sleeper team which could threaten the Big East. They are not the team from a year ago. Sure Summers is an NBA caliber player but he was kind of ruining their offensive flow by chucking up 3's as well as graduated Jessie Sapp who never played within the team. This year I see an identity. They are great on defense and run on offense through Monroe. Being such a great passing man Monroe sets everything up for their several 3 point shooters. Also I have no doubt there are game closers this year. Either Monroe in the post or Chris Wright driving to the hoop. This is one of the most cohesive and blue collar teams in College Basketball.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Dropping in to say that Syracuse is a special team this year. The vibe is great. Many of the players say this is the most together team they have ever been on. Defense in the 2-3 zone has been superb. Most 'Cuse fans (such as myself) are trying to contain expectations but they look great.
                          Go Orange

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Is John Wall significantly faster than Kemba Walker?

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• John Wall is the fastest player in college basketball with the ball in his hands, no doubt about it.

Indiana playing well but Dixon has some rebuilding to do at Pitt after losing that team last year.

UK-UCONN tomorrow, can't wait. Yet another test, once again win or lose it's nice to get a gauge of the team.

Comment

• Yeah, Indiana isn't going to be quite as bad this year. Verdell Jones is a pretty impressive player, wish the Gophers would have gotten him.

They'll probably climb out of the cellar at least this year with Iowa being just about the worst Big 10 team ever.

Then again Pittsburgh has no offense whatsoever so I'd take this game with a grain of salt.
                                Last edited by yo123; 12-08-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information