College Basketball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
    His orange jacket basically and the way he whines about all these calls along with his undiscliplined players..
    So you don't like him because he wears a jacket that matches the team's color, and complains about calls that he disagrees with that go against his "undisciplined" players, which is the exact same thing every other coach in basketball does. That's quite a redeeming and insightful standpoint you have there.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• This could be one of those years where a 3 or 4 can win it. There are so many boom or bust teams this year. Kansas, Syracuse and Kentucky are the only teams that stand out. I would say that Syracuse is the best team right now, but who the hell knows by March.
      BTW, Illinois is about to knock off Wisconsin in Madison.

Comment

• First of all you are a fan of UT... and I am not a fan of the "matching my teams jersey color" and its one thing to disagree on the occasional call but everytime they show him he is complaining and UT has been in the news both basketball AND football programs for players acting like thugs its ridiculous.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• had $20 on Vandy over the Vols feeling pretty good, free dub sack tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
            First of all you are a fan of UT... and I am not a fan of the "matching my teams jersey color" and its one thing to disagree on the occasional call but everytime they show him he is complaining and UT has been in the news both basketball AND football programs for players acting like thugs its ridiculous.
            I am a UT fan, yet you seem to be the more biased one - I'm just defending an out of left field remark from an ACC fan.

Complaining about fouls is something every coach does, and I don't think he does it as constantly as you make it out. But he's a fiery, emotional coach, so expect him to be on his feet and talkin' throughout the game.

As for the arrests and stuff, all guilty parties involved have been expelled from the programs and guilty by association players were suspended until proven innocent - but I guess expulsion and suspension until proven innocent aren't enough discipline for your standards. Besides that, comparative to other programs, especially in football, the frequency of arrests weren't as "ridiculous" as you make it out to be. The basketball incident is bigger because it involved 4 players, which make out a bigger percentage of the basketball team than the 3 players from the football team. Nevertheless, Pearl took full responsibility for his players' actions, and in the end kicked off Tyler Smith, his best player, and suspended 3 other significant contributors leaving his team severely depleted. It's unacceptable that his players got caught with drugs and alcohol (though I guess college kids doing weed and drinking makes them thugs nowadays, but whatever), but Pearl's discipline of the players and handling of the situation was just fine.

The jacket thing is your opinion. I like it personally, but I get why others may think it's obnoxious. I think it's stupid and petty to think less of Pearl because he wears it, but again, it's your opinion.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• This Michigan State - Purdue game is insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                He hates Calipari. It's pretty obviously UK/KU/'Cuse at the top.

Tennessee seems to be coming off that whole emotional stretch where they were playing so tight and winning games. Vandy is a REALLY tough place to play but this is looking pretty bad.

Damion James is a monster. I thought that even when he was with Durant and Augustine.

I'm curious to see how G'Town does in a potential letdown game.
                Not at all. I have no major problem with Calipari. He's a bit of an obnoxious asshole, but he's a winner, and I know I would have no problem with the guy if he was coaching the Hawks.

I have a couple of problems with Kentucky. First, they're young and haven't had to deal with adversity, which they will inevitably face in March. Second, they've played a joke of a schedule as they played no one in the Kenpom Top 20. And I just don't think their perimeter shooting and defense are at of level that of a top 3 team. They're talented, but I think Kansas and Syracuse are just a notch above. And the Kenpom rankings agree with me.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

• Duke/Carolina is on and not one post about it. That's just depressing.

Comment

• UK is so rough in the KenPom (which is the best statistical ranking site around) because their margin of victory early in the season wasn't that great because the team wasn't very good in November/Early December. A lot of Pomeroy's rankings is assisted by margin of victory to not simply punish you for playing a weak SOS (like the RPI). They are finally starting to win by the margin you would expect but that's because of the large improvements made. That rough start (given all the new players) is what hinders the kenpom rating.

Duke-Carolina is the biggest rivalry in the history of the world according to ESPN but I don't think a ton of people care about it other than them. It's not any better than many of the other rivalries, it's just ESPN hypes it like no other because it's on ESPN.

I've been watching Nebraska-Baylor. I'm a big fan of watching Big 12 games.

Comment

• Nah, Duke/UNC is the best rivalry in sports. Once the Tar Heels get a respectable team again people will pay attention again.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        Duke/Carolina is on and not one post about it. That's just depressing.
                        That's what happens when you have one team with a bunch of overhyped McDonald's All-Americans who have shown zero growth and who look lost 95% of the time, and another team that has absolutely zero flash. Seriously, Duke would be perfect for the Big 10.

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

• Evan Turner is awesome.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• ******' scare today.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              Evan Turner is awesome.
                              Truer words have never been spoken. Best player in the nation.

Ohio State's Big 10 record without him- 0-2
                              With him- 9-1

Comment

• New Mexico is going to do some damage in the tournament...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information